The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo! How's it going

+4
reinamy
Perhapsormaybe
Zeether
Marie Allen
8 posters

Go down

Yo! How's it going Empty Yo! How's it going

Post by Marie Allen Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Introduction posts make me feel a bit uncomfortable Embarassed, lol, but I know they're important.

So hello! I've been a fan since the beginning. I remember Nick's previews and interviews with the kids' VAs to promote the show so my little brother and I were there when it first aired that Monday...

BTW, we REALLY should plan some sort of Appreciation for the 20th anniversary.

Excited to be here! rabbit
Marie Allen
Marie Allen

http:// https://www.fanfiction.net/~marieallen

Back to top Go down

Yo! How's it going Empty Re: Yo! How's it going

Post by Zeether Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I agree with the 20th anniversary stuff, I hope a lot of things pop up around that time.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Welcome! And you're totally right about the anniversary.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by reinamy Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello, Marie! Welcome aboard!

Also--I couldn't agree with you more in regards to HA!'s 20th Anniversary! Hopefully other fans will be of the same opinion so we'll see lots of new fanwork that day.
reinamy
reinamy

http://reinamycloud.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Marie Allen wrote:Introduction posts make me feel a bit uncomfortable Embarassed, lol, but I know they're important.

So hello! I've been a fan since the beginning. I remember Nick's previews and interviews with the kids' VAs to promote the show so my little brother and I were there when it first aired that Monday...

BTW, we REALLY should plan some sort of Appreciation for the 20th anniversary.

Excited to be here! rabbit

YES! TOTALLY YES! Maybe we can send a book of fanart/fanfic to Craig Bartlett or something? Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:47 pm

I'd love to something like what a bunch of artists did for Hamilton. I don't know if it's a possibility though unless we know someone who could handle the financial part/responsibility of printing it.

http://www.arielle-jovellanos.com/hamilton/#/ham4pamphlet/
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forums!! I hope that you'll have a great time on here!! I really agree with the idea for the 20th anniversary of the show (I really wonder what will be planned)!! I think a book or fanart/fanfic being sent to Craig might be a good thing to do because he is on social media a lot!

I checked out your tumblr and I really like how are you posting someone else's artwork and crediting the artist and their artwork (I know geek-bait has done this)! I'm not mad anything, but I really appreciate that you are doing that as most people (as I know of) tend to just repost it and have no credit to the artist or their artwork!

I also think your fox avatar looks pretty cute!! Smile
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Allen Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:11 am

AlainRacette wrote:

YES!  TOTALLY YES!  Maybe we can send a book of fanart/fanfic to Craig Bartlett or something? Smile

LeSkuh wrote:I'd love to something like what a bunch of artists did for Hamilton.  I don't know if it's a possibility though unless we know someone who could handle the financial part/responsibility of printing it.

http://www.arielle-jovellanos.com/hamilton/#/ham4pamphlet/

OMG THIS IS MAGICAL! (Side note, "Hamilton" is coming to my area next year and I AM SO EXCITED!)

If we're just making one book, it wouldn't cost much to make. The real "issue" would just getting the word spread out quickly and having everything in no later than mid-August that may be an issue because it is kind of short notice. But, especially the fanart, I think Craig would love to have something like that. How cute! I don't know if he would really have the time to read fanfic, though, so maybe just art...?

Jfgoofy wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forums!! I hope that you'll have a great time on here!! I really agree with the idea for the 20th anniversary of the show (I really wonder what will be planned)!! I think a book or fanart/fanfic being sent to Craig might be a good thing to do because he is on social media a lot!

I checked out your tumblr and I really like how are you posting someone else's artwork and crediting the artist and their artwork (I know geek-bait has done this)! I'm not mad anything, but I really appreciate that you are doing that as most people (as I know of) tend to just repost it and have no credit to the artist or their artwork!

I also think your fox avatar looks pretty cute!! Smile

Thank you for this. Seriously. It really irks me seeing art posted without any credit (name, link, nada) and I try to be sensitive in looking for a "please do not reblog" comment, too. Stealing art is a huuuuge problem in so many fandoms and I'd like not to see that in this one. Smile
Marie Allen
Marie Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:44 pm

A book of fanart would be better (reading takes much more time). I consider myself a poet so I can add a short poem to further fill out the essence of the pictures - compromise! Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Allen Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 pm

AlainRacette wrote:A book of fanart would be better (reading takes much more time).  I consider myself a poet so I can add a short poem to further fill out the essence of the pictures - compromise! Smile

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I really think there's a legal issue for authors/writers/creators/etc. not able to read fan fiction...probably for "idea stealing."

I wish I could Art, LOL
Marie Allen
Marie Allen

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:20 pm

I never thought of that, Marie Allen. You could be right; I'm not sure myself lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:26 pm

First off, Hi! Sorry I'm so late in greeting you.
I've been busy with schoolwork.

And, I do think you're right about creators not being allowed to read fanfic. Which is sad considering that many fans would be honored for someone like Bartlett to use an idea and make it canon, with only perhaps a small informal credit/mention to the person who came up with the idea.
It's not stealing if they would give it away anyway Wink .
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:First off, Hi! Sorry I'm so late in greeting you.

And, I do think you're right about creators not being allowed to read fanfic. Which is sad considering that many fans would be honored for someone like Bartlett to use an idea and make it canon, with only perhaps a small informal credit/mention to the person who came up with the idea.

That's what I think too. Bartlett can outright STEAL my ideas and I'd want to pay HIM for thinking they are that good to use lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm

AlainRacette wrote:

That's what I think too.  Bartlett can outright STEAL my ideas and I'd want to pay HIM for thinking they are that good to use lol

Haha, right?!
Hi, btw. Smile  I was just about to go to your intro and say hello, lol. Need to make my rounds.
This should work though Wink. I've not been quite as active this week 'cuz school.
Very Happy
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:36 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:

That's what I think too.  Bartlett can outright STEAL my ideas and I'd want to pay HIM for thinking they are that good to use lol

Haha, right?!
Hi, btw. Smile  I was just about to go to your intro and say hello, lol. Need to make my rounds.
This should work though Wink. I've not been quite as active this week 'cuz school.
Very Happy

I know the feeling, with my heavy work schedule - today is my day off so I'm getting lots of leisure time in lol. Nice to meet ya, looking forward to hearing from you more!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum