The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank You To Everyone...

+3
Arnold's Love
LeSkuh
AlainRacette
7 posters

Go down

Thank You To Everyone... Empty Thank You To Everyone...

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 am

Not sure where to put this but it seems like the best fit...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being an excellent and welcoming community. I honestly didn't think there was anyone around who still loved a 20-year-old show (that really hasn't been relevant again until TJM was announced) as much as I did... thankfully a pocket of the internet exists with HA love. I've always been wanting to discuss the show with people (my thoughts, create things inspired by it, etc) but doing it just for myself didn't feed that feedback loop of satisfaction... and for a workaholic like me whose schedule is mainly work, I NEEDED some people to talk to about something that sparks my brain (I love my coworkers but they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and their interests are much different than mine lol).

And then I find you guys. And learn about things like the Pataki Press (thanks theArnoldWaltz!) and Shortaki Week (thanks reinamy!!!). See everyone's artwork and wonderful works of writing. Talking with you on the boards and in PMs... I truly enjoy every message sent and received and it honestly makes my day when I get kind words from someone, or even just a hello to see what I'm up to. The Internet is a tool that helps bring us all together but sometimes it seems that, since it's always there, you don't need to respond right away or at all... I'm glad you guys prove that wrong. It's hard for me to really meet people and forge friendships with the right people and you guys are just amazing. Very Happy

I've been feeling much better. My creative juices have been flowing (stuff for Pataki Press, AMV for Shortaki Week) and looking to do more. And just looking forward to what you good people have to say about HA things.

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH. It means a lot to be among such friendly people. Rock on! Very Happy
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Thank You To Everyone... Empty Re: Thank You To Everyone...

Post by LeSkuh Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 am

This is adorable! I am incredibly excited that this forum is growing little by little! There is still a good, active fandom here and has been for years, but people tend to be very spread out. I'm like you in that I THRIVE on discussion.

I'm also super grateful to you all for participating and being so kind and welcoming of one another! This is the easiest mod job ever, I swear.

I love that we're helping to boost your creativity and I agree 100% that having such a vocal/active discussion board is helping push me to continue creating for HA! I'm having a lot of fun with all of you and I hope you guys feel the same!

<3
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 am

LeSkuh wrote:This is adorable!  I am incredibly excited that this forum is growing little by little!  There is still a good, active fandom here and has been for years, but people tend to be very spread out.  I'm like you in that I THRIVE on discussion.

I'm also super grateful to you all for participating and being so kind and welcoming of one another!  This is the easiest mod job ever, I swear.

I love that we're helping to boost your creativity and I agree 100% that having such a vocal/active discussion board is helping push me to continue creating for HA!   I'm having a lot of fun with all of you and I hope you guys feel the same!

<3

It's also so great having a mod that is so active and ALWAYS in a positive way. I've been on forums where the only time you hear from the mods is if they've banned someone for a terrible reason of they whine about something silly that drives everyone away... THANK YOU for being such a good mod!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:51 am

Aw, this is wonderful! I seriously have never gotten involved with a fandom except this one...and I just feel like the majority of those involved are just top notch, awesome, welcoming people!

I'm glad to hear you're planning on participating in both the big fan things coming up! That's exciting!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:18 pm

This is a great thread, I agree about the fanbase...I feel glad to be around it again because I missed out on a lot from the early 2000s era and it's really nice to have a place for the fandom to discuss stuff again because I remember last year being all like "I wanna talk with HA fans again" because I had heard so much about the fandom and remembered how great the show was.

Also can't wait to see what you create, it's awesome to see new fan creations from HA around Smile
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Word, zeether. So awesome to talk HA again. I'm sure we'll get a few more when TJM comes out, but I also like how small the community is - its not thousands of people that leads to newcomers feeling left out. I love our intimate size Smile

I've got some more stuff coming, don't you worry lol. Fan creations are always so much fun!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Aw, this is wonderful!  I seriously have never gotten involved with a fandom except this one...and I just feel like the majority of those involved are just top notch, awesome, welcoming people!  

I'm glad to hear you're planning on participating in both the big fan things coming up!  That's exciting!  

I agree with you!! I'm very grateful for the fanbase and after a decade and a half it's finally coming out thanks to us!!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:49 am

Jfgoofy wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:Aw, this is wonderful!  I seriously have never gotten involved with a fandom except this one...and I just feel like the majority of those involved are just top notch, awesome, welcoming people!  

I'm glad to hear you're planning on participating in both the big fan things coming up!  That's exciting!  

I agree with you!! I'm very grateful for the fanbase and after a decade and a half it's finally coming out thanks to us!!!

Let's keep doing what we can to help it grow Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm so glad you've been happier!

I love being in fandoms, but I know they aren't always so welcoming. Hey Arnold fans as a whole seem to be some of the kindest I've ever met. Everyone here is awesome.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:I'm so glad you've been happier!

I love being in fandoms, but I know they aren't always so welcoming. Hey Arnold fans as a whole seem to be some of the kindest I've ever met. Everyone here is awesome.

Yep - haven't met a bad person yet, so I'm very pleased with that!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:14 pm

YES, to everything everyone has said on here.

Honestly, how could the fanbase not be awesome though? I mean it's a show about a kind-hearted kid who wants to always do the right thing. Smile Hehe, with Arnold Shortman as our figurative leader, we had better be nice. Wink <3

I've never been part of any other fandom either, but the experience so far has been really great.

So I just want to say thank you to everyone, as well.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:15 pm

I've been involved in other fandoms in the past... some are just too big... others have their "big cheeses" and everyone else just gets ignored. The HA fandom is so awesome Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum