Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Let's Get to Know One Another!!! :)

Post by Jfgoofy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
Location: The Good Ol' Northwest!! Or more specifically Washington.
/quote]

Hey!  I lived there for 8 years!  Graduated high school up there.  So howdy neighbor!  I gotta be honest though...that rain really got to me being born in New Mexico.  I'm glad to be back in the sun, but I do miss that green!

Cool!! To be honest it isn't that rainy where I live like it's occasional I believe like it's half the spring and sometimes during the summer. It's such a pretty place actually!!! I'm surprised that it's actually been getting warmer, however it is unfortunately climate change I believe. But at least it's fine I guess? Also I actually lived in Washington for most of my life, the first 2 years of my life was set in Oregon. Oh and I live by Portland, Oregon and I've gone there like 1000 times (the zoo over there is pretty nice and Washington Park is gorgeous)!! I was actually really surprised that Portland was one of the inspirations for Hillwood because I would have expected it to be 80% NYC and 20% Seattle. I REALLY WANT TO GO SEE THE LAIKA STUDIO IN HILLSBORO THOUGH

So are you the east side or the south part?  I know over by Yakama is pretty dry.  I was from the coast right by Canada so it was ALWAYS raining...like ALWAYS...that is NOT an exaggeration.  Portland is pretty. I went to a wedding there once.  

I live in Vancouver so pretty much I live in Western Washington, it isn't raining like 90% of the time and where I live it is pretty especially the Columbia River Gorge, and heck I actually live really close (as in right next to the river, the Glenn Jackson Bridge which is down the road and Portland is like half a mile away or something and it takes like 3-ish minutes to get to Portland). I went to Tacoma once by the way and it was a 2 hour long drive.

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm

NAME:  Mony/Monica
USERNAME MEANING: It's basically just my cat's name and my birth year, ya I'm original.
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WHAT I LOOK LIKE:

PIC OF MY CITY: Eh, there isn't much in my city that's picturesque so I'll just put a pic of the city my parents are from/I lived in for two years when I was younger in Mexico:

annnd I accidentally pressed send instead of edit, let me finish filling this up quickly lol

KITTY PICS:

5 LIKES: Drawing, reading, baking/cooking, working with polymer clay, doing other creative/crafty stuff
5 DISLIKES: Rude people, pple who are mean for no reason, racism/sexism/homophobia/etc., gross high temperatures which is sad b/c I live in california and it gets hot here, bugs
EDUCATION:  AA in English
CURRENT JOB: Online things here and there while I find something better.
CAREER GOAL: idk tbh, I'd love to be able to do something in art or creating things
5 RANDOM FACTS: I have a small heart shaped birthmark on the side of my nose, I have a ragdoll cat named Miko who is a precious little baby, I can understand and speak spanish kind of fluently but I'm super rusty, I understand it more than anything anyway, my favorite color is purple, I lived in Mexico for 6th/7th grade b/c my dad was adamant about us learning spanish and that was the only way to MAKE us learn it lol
TOP 3 MOVIES: Nightmare Before Christmas, How To Train Your Dragon, Wreck It Ralph
TOP 3 TV SHOWS: Hey Arnold!, Gravity Falls, tie between Psych and Leverage
TOP 3 BOOKS: Howl's Moving Castle, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson
Mony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Aw, what a cute Siamese Smile Kitty pics bring everyone together!
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:19 am

ooooohhh, I want in on this action!
ok!

NAME:  Melanie (I see you over there perhapsormaybe Wink )

USERNAME MEANING: ummm, it has a few meanings. It represents fictional characters that I love and hold dear but are "intangible" because they are fictiional. It represents real people that I'll never meet in person, but consider friends (like on this forum.) And it represents how sometimes we can love intangible things as much as an actual friend (for me that last one would be the place and culture where I grew up. It was home in the truest sense, and I'll probably never experience that sense of belonging ever again. Sad  )
Whew! that was long. Moving on.

HEIGHT: 5'3

WHAT I LOOK LIKE:
IDK why I'm smiling like such a goof. That pic is a year or two old.

PIC OF MY CITY: Here is a pic of the town where I grew up instead of my actual residence.

5 LIKES:
FOOD, like, all of it;
hiking and shit like that;
exploring old buildings;
ANIMALS!;
writing

5 DISLIKES:
close-mindedness or willful ignorance
chores, I DETEST them
materialism
smartphones (not the object itself but the bad-habits that go with it)
writing essays for school

EDUCATION:  Gettin' my degree, woot!

CURRENT JOB: Stay-at-home parent focusing on school

CAREER GOAL: my degree well be in teaching HS bio, so I can have a livable income while working towards a masters in ecology/biology. Then I'll get to go hiking and get paid for it Wink .

5 RANDOM FACTS:
1. I LOVE the ocean, seriously, I feel it in my bones
2. post-partum depression is a bitch! and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Literally.
3. my parents were missionaries
4. I've also considered criminology and TV writing as potential career goals.
5. I can be really lazy and procrastinate like nobody's... eh, I'll finish that sentence later...

Seriously? Just 3 in all these categories? This is going to be hard.

TOP 3 MOVIES:
Tuck Everlasting
Schindler's List (no I don't, like, watch it over and over, but it is a great movie)
Wall-E

TOP 3 TV SHOWS:
Hey Arnold!
Southpark
Futurama

TOP 3 BOOKS:
Bridge to Terabithia
Catch-22
The Outsiders

Also I HAVE to add to this list the Pellinor series by Alison Croggon. I usually don't buy books, as much as I read, but I HAD to have all four of the books in this series in hardback.

Last edited by theintangiblefriends on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:36 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
-Actor in local theatre (musicals, comedy, Shakespeare, you name it!)
-More a creative person than competitive person... but I enjoy my sports! lol
-Can make a perfectly-cooked liver... people should try it first before going EW lol
-Cat lover!  

1st. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to act, but aside from, like, church Christmas plays growing up, have never had the chance. Now I don't have the time or resources.
Also, liver is delicious. Anyone who says otherwise, just never had a good one Wink
And yes, cats are pretty spectacular.

Marie Allen wrote:
I worked on cruise ship for a few years (Europe, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, US)
Professionally trained in Opera for many years...and did nothing with it

I used to want to try the cruise ship thing. I bet it was interesting!
I wish I could listen to you sing.
I'm currently re-reading Jane Eyre!

Perhapsormaybe wrote:
I decided to change my old handle but couldn't decide on a name. So I went "Perhaps...uh..maybe" and just mashed that together.
My nickname at work is Captain Marvel because I tried to explain to a coworker about Carol Danvers becoming Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan taking over as Ms. Marvel (he didn't get it, but the nickname came out of it, and I'm ok with that)

Great usernate
Fantastic nickname!

Zeether wrote:
I listen to a lot of video game music, including chiptunes, and I could ramble on and on about some really great game musicians like Yuzo Koshiro and Manabu Namiki.

Oh, that's cool! Now you've got me wanting to listen to some.

Jfgoofy wrote:
Career Goal: Either a job in the film industry or a biologist

Looks like we have something in common Wink Actually reading over your whole post, we might have quite a bit in common.

LeSkuh wrote:
I'm not very good at shooting video games.
I have anxiety and it's a pain in the butt!
Bob's Burgers

Me neither, I get used as target practice Sad
Me too.
YES! Louise is my spirit-animal.

Arnold's Love wrote:
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I can translate Egyptian Hieroglyphics; and am an Ancient Egypt nerd in general.
I'm about to publish a book.

NM is GORGEOUS! One of my favorite places
That is SO cool!
I'm jealous.

Miko1988 wrote:
I can understand and speak spanish kind of fluently
I lived in Mexico for 6th/7th grade b/c my dad was adamant about us learning spanish and that was the only way to MAKE us learn it lol

I speak Spanish!!!
My parents were missionaries in Central America for most of my growing up life, so I feel like we may have something in common in regards to cultural understanding and stuff.

Sorry if all that sounded a little snippy. I started getting a bad headache.

Also, everyone's kitty pictures makes me happy. Very Happy
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Allen on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:38 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
TOP 3 TV SHOWS:
Hey Arnold!
Southpark
Futurama

YAY!! I love these! HA is a given, of course, but love me some SP and Futurama. I'm hoping that next year we can go as Zapp and Leela for Halloween. And while I do not ship them AT ALL, Chad does a hilarious Zapp and there's less work on part to go as Leela than Kif (bald cap, all green makeup...LOL).

Eeep, I totally want to just binge this now...
Marie Allen

View user profile http:// https://www.fanfiction.net/~marieallen

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Marie Allen wrote:
TOP 3 TV SHOWS:
Hey Arnold!
Southpark
Futurama

YAY!! I love these! HA is a given, of course, but love me some SP and Futurama. I'm hoping that next year we can go as Zapp and Leela for Halloween. And while I do not ship them AT ALL, Chad does a hilarious Zapp and there's less work on part to go as Leela than Kif (bald cap, all green makeup...LOL).

Eeep, I totally want to just binge this now...

Yes!! The hubby and I considered getting Futurama related couple's tattoos at one point. He is the person that introduced me to it!
And SP is just genius.
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Yay, another Melanie!

Photobucket stopped sucking and I'm 'cheating' and using a professional pic from my wedding. I'm usually not very photogenic but it helps when the photographer has an assistant who just keeps going "lift your head this way or you're gonna have a double chin"

Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Beautiful photo!!!
Were your wedding colors white and red? Mine were! And I had white calla lilies and red roses for my bouquet. I can't really see what your red flowers are.
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:51 pm

My colors were white and black with pops of red (my mom was ticked, she insisted all of those colors were inappropriate for her to wear to a wedding). I have no idea what the flowers were. My sister was working at Michael's at the time and she made it for me. So I still have it, which is nice.
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:14 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
-Actor in local theatre (musicals, comedy, Shakespeare, you name it!)
-More a creative person than competitive person... but I enjoy my sports! lol
-Can make a perfectly-cooked liver... people should try it first before going EW lol
-Cat lover!  

1st. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to act, but aside from, like, church Christmas plays growing up, have never had the chance. Now I don't have the time or resources.
Also, liver is delicious. Anyone who says otherwise, just never had a good one Wink
And yes, cats are pretty spectacular.

You know, I just might have some old footage of me in some of my plays on an old hard drive... If I find it, I'll upload it somewhere to show you lol.
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:02 am

Better late than never I guess...

Name: Luis
Username Meaning: Well... when I moved to a new neighborhood a while ago, I met a kid named 'Lewis' who lived in the same block as me. Later on I was now known as 'Lui' in English or 'Ricky' in Spanish, so that's where I got LuiThe2nd... I guess since I'm not part of a lot of forums I didn't really think about having a unique, creative username like all of y'alls.
Height: 5 10''

What I look like:
(I literally never take pictures unless it's with family and friends)

5 Likes:
1) Music (Mostly to relax or dance)
2) Sports (Mostly soccer, and baseball)
3) Animals (Mostly insects and reptiles)
4) Exploring (Hiking, Nature, or New Cities)
5) Video Games! (Any kind! Though I sold my consoles and mostly play on my phone...)

5 Dislikes
1) People who are rude and/or disrespectful.
2) People who think their opinion is the only one that matters.
3) When people treat social media like it's their life.
4) Being Blamed for things I didn't do, then having everyone insisting that it was me!
5) Dumb internet trends (Deez Nuts, What are those! and all that other crap)

Education: High School, 11th Grade

Job: I used to be a 'paperboy' for two or three days till I found out I was scamming people to buy newspaper subscriptions but they never send them. I quit as soon as I found out.

Career/Future Goal: Man, this one is tough, I'm not quite sure what I want to be just yet, something along the lines of business, medicine or biology, or maybe a science teacher of any grade level. However, one of my biggest goals is to buy a house with my Mother and brother before I move out. We've saved over 30,000 so far and were hoping to buy a nice house over the next 15 years. I won't leave her till we finish the payments cause she deserves it.

5 Random Facts:
1) I owned lots of pets and critters over the years including: An annoying chihuahua, a Burmese Python, A HUGE Emperor Scorpion, 2 Bearded Dragons, 2 Leopard Geckos, and whole lot of different Anoles.
2) Huge automobile enthusiast. I love Grandpa's Packard btw.
3) Learned how to drive at 13, had an accident at 14 while driving with my mom.
4) 1st chair Trombone (Marching Band), 2nd chair Trombone (Jazz Band)
5) I have a tendency to procrastinate the heck out of my school assignments, but I always end up rapidly finishing it a day before. Never had anything lower than a C through High School... (ok maybe 1 or 2 F's but I made those right up)

Favorite Movies:(No Particular Order)
Toy Story Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, Happy Gilmore, Lion Ling 1-2 Groundhog Day, Rocky Franchise, The Breakfast Club and many many more...

Favorite TV Shows: (No Particular Order)
Friends, Hey Arnold!, Dragon Ball/Z, How I met your mother, Two and a half men, South Park, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Futurama, Man vs. Wild, X-Files, Twilight Zone and many more...

Favorite Books:(Not much of a book guy, but here's a few that I've liked) Hunger Games Franchise, Catcher in the Rye, A child called it, The Outsiders, Diary of a wimpy kid, Into the wild, Divergent...

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I can translate Egyptian Hieroglyphics; and am an Ancient Egypt nerd in general.
I'm about to publish a book.

NM is GORGEOUS! One of my favorite places
That is SO cool!
I'm jealous.

It really is!  I'm glad to hear someone appreciate it!  
And thanks!! :-)  Where's that picture of in yours that you grew up?  It's beautiful!!!  Wowzers!

Perhapsormaybe wrote:My colors were white and black with pops of red (my mom was ticked, she insisted all of those colors were inappropriate for her to wear to a wedding). I have no idea what the flowers were. My sister was working at Michael's at the time and she made it for me. So I still have it, which is nice.

YOU ARE GORGEOUS, girl!!  I like that you guys posted pictures...now I feel like I need to so I can be apart of it because I've enjoyed seeing pics of you all. LOL

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:37 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:

Toy Story Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, Happy Gilmore, Lion Ling 1-2 Groundhog Day, Rocky Franchise, The Breakfast Club and many many more...

You and Goofy are the same age!
And hi neighbor! (state neighbors at least! LOL)
AND....YOU love back to the future too?????? That makes my day!!! :-)
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Aww, you're so sweet, Arnold's Love! Thank you!
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

AND....YOU love back to the future too??????  That makes my day!!! :-)

Makes my day too! Back to the Future is the best - I remember sitting in a full movie theatre in October watching the whole trilogy on the 30th anniversary of the franchise! SO MUCH FUN, especially the kids who've never seen the movies before and became huge fans lol.
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

Makes my day too!  Back to the Future is the best - I remember sitting in a full movie theatre in October watching the whole trilogy on the 30th anniversary of the franchise!  SO MUCH FUN, especially the kids who've never seen the movies before and became huge fans lol.

I TOTALLY DID THAT TOO!!! IT WAS AMAZING! AND I DRESSED UP FOR IT!!   No joke!  Sorry for the all caps but I'm so excited...in fact...here's what else I did of "Back to the Future Day"....

I might have a slight obsession...nah. Wink

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 pm

That is awesome!
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Is that your family, Arnold's Love?  Such a lovely nerdy little brigade you've got there Razz

I wanted to dress up but found out about the event on very short notice... and managed to get work off lol. A local car enthusiast brought his DeLorean for everyone to take pictures of and sit inside... the DeLorean is a LOT smaller in person than you'd expect! Looks like a wind-up toy missing the key on top lol.
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 pm

AlainRacette wrote:Is that your family, Arnold's Love?  Such a lovely nerdy little brigade you've got there Razz

I wanted to dress up but found out about the event on very short notice... and managed to get work off lol.  A local car enthusiast brought his DeLorean for everyone to take pictures of and sit inside... the DeLorean is a LOT smaller in person than you'd expect!  Looks like a wind-up toy missing the key on top lol.

Yep. Gotta raise them right. You should see us on Halloween. :-D
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:Is that your family, Arnold's Love?  Such a lovely nerdy little brigade you've got there Razz

I wanted to dress up but found out about the event on very short notice... and managed to get work off lol.  A local car enthusiast brought his DeLorean for everyone to take pictures of and sit inside... the DeLorean is a LOT smaller in person than you'd expect!  Looks like a wind-up toy missing the key on top lol.

Yep. Gotta raise them right. You should see us on Halloween. :-D

Something tells me there are pictures of your festive-sounding Halloweens... Wink
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:36 pm

I love it!!! Fantastic!

And, Sandy, the name of the place is Santa Rosa de Copan. It's in Honduras, and it was magical. Everyone that visits really seemed to like it.
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Perhapsormaybe wrote:My colors were white and black with pops of red (my mom was ticked, she insisted all of those colors were inappropriate for her to wear to a wedding). I have no idea what the flowers were. My sister was working at Michael's at the time and she made it for me. So I still have it, which is nice.

YOU ARE GORGEOUS, girl!! ...

I second that!

theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:14 pm

I, um... THIRD that! Razz
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

Makes my day too!  Back to the Future is the best - I remember sitting in a full movie theatre in October watching the whole trilogy on the 30th anniversary of the franchise!  SO MUCH FUN, especially the kids who've never seen the movies before and became huge fans lol.

I TOTALLY DID THAT TOO!!! IT WAS AMAZING! AND I DRESSED UP FOR IT!!   No joke!  Sorry for the all caps but I'm so excited...in fact...here's what else I did of "Back to the Future Day"....

I might have a slight obsession...nah. Wink

Wow! You All looks really awsome! And little McFly looks so cute!!

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum