Let's Get to Know One Another!!! :)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Let's Get to Know One Another!!! :)

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Makes my day too!  Back to the Future is the best - I remember sitting in a full movie theatre in October watching the whole trilogy on the 30th anniversary of the franchise!  SO MUCH FUN, especially the kids who've never seen the movies before and became huge fans lol.

I TOTALLY DID THAT TOO!!! IT WAS AMAZING! AND I DRESSED UP FOR IT!!   No joke!  Sorry for the all caps but I'm so excited...in fact...here's what else I did of "Back to the Future Day"....

I might have a slight obsession...nah. Wink[/quote]

Wow! You All looks really awsome! And little McFly looks so cute!![/quote]

Thanks so much! It took some serious planning and learning some new skillz! ;-)
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:54 pm

NAME: Brian

USERNAME MEANING: BC- my initials, 1096- October 1996, when Hey Arnold first premiered

HEIGHT: 5'8

5 LIKES: music, photography, sports, U.S. history, traveling

5 DISLIKES: flight delays, people who yak on their phones in public, the smell of tar, not being able to fall asleep, knats

EDUCATION:  high school degree

CURRENT JOB: law firm admin assistant

CAREER GOAL: I'm happy with the job I have

5 RANDOM FACTS: Eh I'm not too good with that, sorry

TOP 3 MOVIES: Detroit Rock City, Rock Star, Dazed & Confused/Fast Times at Ridgemont High tied

TOP 3 TV SHOWS: That Metal Show, Sex Drugs & Rock & Roll, Live from Daryl's House

TOP 3 BOOKS: Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock & Heavy Metal, Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N Roses, Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga
BC1096

View user profile http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Hello everyone! I haven't been here for a while and I've noticed the forum is becoming less active...

So, Thanksgiving is around the corner (literally, it's tomorrow) so yay for everyone! We get to spend a little time with family, eat a nice meal, and know that TJM is only 1 year away! Very Happy

So let me get to the point, I posted this in this thread because I though it would be nice to hear how are y'all doing? What have you all been up to? Smile I myself am still in Mexico getting my new Visa... For the moment I'm studying here and also working as a part time translator at this company here... A week ago I visited my grandparents and they just so happen to have the whole Hey Arnold! Series dubbed in Spanish, "Oye Arnold!" so watching some of that was pretty funny...

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Yeah, I've also noticed that too (I guess people are busy or doing other stuff). That's pretty cool Lui! I want to see the dubbed versions, so we can hear/see them (are they women dubbing the characters or are they kids?)!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm

I have been doing good, just went out to a pinball arcade near me in a bowling alley last night and it was a truly fantastic experience. Smile

Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Nice!!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:43 pm

Oooh, that looks fun!
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Jfgoofy I'm not really sure... They all mostly sounded like kids... I think Sid was, he had a slightly nasally voice which sounded kinda forced at first but got pretty funny after a while... I only saw a couple of the early S1 episodes...

Zeether that looks really fun! Brings back childhood memories, taking the bus with friends and going to the arcade... I haven't been to arcades in Texas though sadly...

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 pm

I want to hear it though (the voice of Sid sounds hilarious, I also found out that the kids are voiced by both women and kids and holy crap the Spanish voice actor for Harold is even younger than Justin, and does he have a higher voice in the dub since he's younger?)! Also, we have a Big Al's near my school and that place is pretty nostalgic for me, because of all the bowling and arcades and stuff, even to this day its still pretty fun.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:11 am

Yea I haven't forgotten about this forum, have just been busy with work & etc... but that's a neat looking arcade Zeether Very Happy
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:05 am

BC1096, Cool to see where not forgotten! Smile I understand about being busy because I got a part time job here in Mexico... That plus the Holidays and New Years, (Damn! 2016 went by fast!)

Jfgoofy, I saw some episodes at my grandmas house 2-3 weeks ago so that's why I didn't really remember... Those are some cool details on the Spanish VA's... I just came across some s5 episodes on YouTube and boy, Arnold straight sounded like a young man lol... I found out that Arnold only has 2 voice actors throughout all 100 episodes and movie... Helga only had 1 actress but she didn't really change as much, (I heard Helga's spanish dub actress was at SDCC this year and she might return to dub helga in TJM)

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:42 am

LuiThe2nd wrote:Jfgoofy, I saw some episodes at my grandmas house 2-3 weeks ago so that's why I didn't really remember... Those are some cool details on the Spanish VA's... I just came across some s5 episodes on YouTube and boy, Arnold straight sounded like a young man lol... I found out that Arnold only has 2 voice actors throughout all 100 episodes and movie... Helga only had 1 actress but she didn't really change as much, (I heard Helga's spanish dub actress was at SDCC this year and she might return to dub helga in TJM)

Alright so I remember seeing the Spanish dub on YouTube and the episode they dubbed was Deconstructing Arnold (it's now dead since Viacom blocked it) and I don't remember what they sounded like and I also got some more info on a Spanish dubbing wiki (which is where I got the thing about Harold's voice actor being 6 years younger than Mr. Shenkarow) and what i found was is that the kids were voiced by boys, girls, women and men. I'm guessing that the Spanish dub is pretty much have all the voice actors and keep them or at least most of them until the series finale.

So its like some of those cartoons who have a child actor (voicing a child character) in the cast and the voice of the character (the same one they voiced from the beginning, so they don't leave the cast or voice a minor/recurring character) becomes noticeably deeper which is notable in cartoons like Hey Arnold! with the most of the girls and Harold (if you count the pilot), Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends with Mac, and Clarence with Jeff (Man this was a mess to type).

When was this dub made (and what episodes did you watch, also I want to hear what they sound like in the earlier eps)?
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Yeah they probably keep the dubbing cast for as long as possible because from what I'm seeing in Wikipedia, most characters have no more than 2 voices, recasting them in the later seasons/eps...

I'm not really sure about when it was made, the dubbing wiki you mentioned says produced 1996-2001 and aired 1996-2002... The DVD's were released around 2008 or so... The episodes I saw on DVD we're "downtown as fruits" all through "heat/snow"... Later on I saw Married, Deconstructing Arnold (coincidence?), and Rich Kid on YouTube...

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:24 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:Yeah they probably keep the dubbing cast for as long as possible because from what I'm seeing in Wikipedia, most characters have no more than 2 voices, recasting them in the later seasons/eps...

I'm not really sure about when it was made, the dubbing wiki you mentioned says produced 1996-2001 and aired 1996-2002... The DVD's were released around 2008 or so... The episodes I saw on DVD we're "downtown as fruits" all through "heat/snow"... Later on I saw Married, Deconstructing Arnold (coincidence?), and Rich Kid on YouTube...

The only one I saw on YouTube was the Spanish dub of Deconstructing Arnold, and I don't know if they are still on YouTube. So the Spanish dubbing wiki says that the guy who dubs over Justin Shenkarow is 6 years younger than Harold (he has also apparently retired) and I was just wondering if this dub was from the 90s or if it was from the 2000s (I still want to know when they aired the show/started dubbing it and I noticed that Nick's Latin channel was created in the same year as HA) and if it is it would be funny to hear Harold having a higher sounding voice than usual.

Also I found out the guy who dubs Eugene and Lorenzo also voiced Billy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and the kids are voiced by both preteens/teenagers and women. I'm getting all of this from that Spanish dubbing wiki.

Also I like the fact that this thread is now talking about the Latin dub, but seriously I want to see more of it.

EDIT: I found out that the show did air from 1996-2002 in Latin America (I got this from the Spanish dubbing wiki as well and I didn't even notice it until now and I'm not sure if it's correct).

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Yep, I'm gonna trust the Dubbing wiki for now and say this was a 90's Dub, and it was pretty good dub in my opinion...

Yeah its funny I kind of forgot about this threads porpuse, perhaps we should open a Spanish thread? I'm sure there's lots of Spanish HA! Fans and while we get closer to TJM I'm sure the Forum will also grow, even if its a little...

Anaways we probably should get back to "knowing one another" lol...

LuiThe2nd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Yep!! We should (but pretty much everyone on the forum has got to know each other XD)! I honestly like and agree with the whole Spanish thread idea!! I wonder how that will work out though.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:02 pm

You guys are super welcome to make a Spanish thread! The only thing is I'll prob need to find someone willing to help moderate who is specifically fluent in spanish to give me a hand keeping an eye on stuff.

I totally wouldn't mind creating a sort of specific sub forum for it. I know HA! has a lot of spanish fans.
LeSkuh
Admin

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 pm

So I've been busy being sleepy. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and this one is already kicking my butt. So...that's what's new with me. I'm starting to get my energy back so maybe I can be around again.
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Ooh, congrats on the baby! Hope everything works out well.

I've been working (finally got a job! Yay!) and spending more time at that pinball place I mentioned. They got some new machines in and one of them was Twilight Zone, which is fantastic.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 am

Congrats Perhapsormaybe Very Happy
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 am

Congrats Perhapsormaybe and Zeether!!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:27 am

Yea congrats to Zeether too, that's awesome they got a Twilight Zone pinball machine there, I'd love to see a pic of it sometime Very Happy
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum