The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Laugh-Out-Loud Episodes?

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Laugh-Out-Loud Episodes? Empty Favourite Laugh-Out-Loud Episodes?

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:48 am

Yeah, we all know that Hey Arnold cultivates a strong emotional centre in its characters (Christmas ep, Pigeon Man, etc)... but the show, as we know, loves to play around a LOT with pure cartoon shenanigans. I want to see what some fave "laugh-out-loud" episodes are among the fans here Smile

I just rewatched Helga's Locket after not seeing it in almost 20 years... HOLY CRAP this episode is hilarious! The lengths that Helga goes to in order to retrieve her inscribed locket after Abner runs off with it into the boarding house is just pure comedy gold. Disguising herself as an antique collector with a fake mustache, rolling herself up in a carpet and inching like a worm in the basement, hiding in a box of mannequin heads (that totally had me rolling!) and going full Mission Impossible with a grappling hook to scale the outer wall to get inside... which is preceded with a hilarious monologue of Helga basically saying "... so the world will know my little secret, it's not so bad, I can live with that..." BAM GRAPPLING HOOK NEXT SCENE LOL "I HAVE GOT TO GET THAT LOCKET BACK!". This has got to be one of the top episodes for pure humour in the entire show. There wasn't a single dull moment.

Also, when Arnold gets involved (with Grandpa) in possibly discovering the inscription inside, she says "this is a double FREAKIN' NIGHTMARE!" I'm honestly not sure how they were permitted to use that word in daytime tv, but they did... but its no surprise; this show was able to get away with a LOT after all. Razz

What are some of your favourite "funny" episodes?
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Favourite Laugh-Out-Loud Episodes? Empty Re: Favourite Laugh-Out-Loud Episodes?

Post by Zeether Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Helga Blabs It All, probably. Last year I saw it for the first time and cracked up at the ending, plus her ridiculous excuses for snooping around the house were great. ("Public phone school?")
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Another one I watched not too long after not seeing it for a while... Helga Sleepwalks. When she finds herself in Arnold's shower in the boarding house, I just about had a heart attack lol. Helga definitely has impure thoughts of her crush from time to time... and the parrot episode confirms it lol That one is another favourite of mine!

So far, it seems like all the LOL eps feature Helga very prominently lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Yeah Helga Blabs It All was pretty funny!! Like I know I don't have an exact favorite, but I think there are a couple that are my favorites (I edited this because I don't which ones they actually are because I actually like a lot of episodes).

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Just rewatched Operation Ruthless tonight... also another classic (mind you, I'm a sucker for any ep with Ruth in it haha_.

I especially loved just how much Rhonda really wanted to paired up with Harold on the Tunnel of Love, practically dragging him onto the swan with those goo-goo eyes.

"Oh, you know you like me, Harold."

"I do not. Let me go! Let me go-o-o-o-...!!!"

Sure, Harold... sure you don't hehe. I totally ship Rhonda/Harold... Paging LeSkuh... lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 pm

That episode was pretty funny! I think that was one of the ones that I was thinking of! It's like 8 PM where I live
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:That episode was pretty funny! I think that was one of the ones that I was thinking of! It's like 8 PM where I live

11pm here!

And when Ruth is paired with Sid in the Tunnel of Love... she is clearly NOT too impressed haha. I always laugh when Sid tries to be all smooth: "so... nice night, huh?" and drapes his arm around Ruth's shoulders. Damn son, you bold lol She an older woman, dawg Razz
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:23 pm

No specific Laugh out loud episodes per se.

Eugene's Pet is funny in a sad way. His whole existence is pretty funny in a sad way lol. I relate to him on some levels.

Grandma ALWAYS cracks me up!

theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:46 am

There are quite a lot of funny episodes, but here's a few quick ones I can think of off the top of my head:

The "On the Lam" one, omg, the part where the 3 of them are hiding in Arnold's basement and Arnold comes down and hears a noise and says "Is someone down here?" and Stinky says "Nobody but us here boxes", ahahahaa Laughing Laughing

"Suspended"- omg, so many great Harold moments in this episode, but my favorite has to be the part where he wants to disguise himself as a pizzaman and wears a name tag showing his name, haha, some 'disguise', and he doesn't even disguise his voice either when he says "Someone order a pizza for the teacher's lounge?"

"Buses Bikes and Subways"- I love this one because it's a spinoff of Planes Trains & Automobiles, one of my favorite movies! So many great funny parts in this one, but my favorite is when the 2 clowns are looking for Helga and Harold and the big one says "They've gotta be around here some wheeeree", hahahahaha

"Dinner for Four"- the part where Nadine releases the cockroaches in the restaurant, need I say more?? Laughing

"Helga's Parrot"- I know it's sick, but the part where the lizard eats the parrot, right before it says "Helga", haha, a golden moment of 90s Nickelodeon Very Happy

Those are pretty much the first few that come to mind when I think of funny episodes, but of course there are tons more.. It's great to see that a show that has some emotional episodes that can bring you to tears(ie: Parents Day, the Christmas one, etc), there are still some episodes that can make you laugh too
BC1096
BC1096

http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down