The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that make you think of a certain HA character

+2
Jfgoofy
BC1096
6 posters

Go down

Songs that make you think of a certain HA character Empty Songs that make you think of a certain HA character

Post by BC1096 Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Here's a fun little game I thought I'd like to try.. post the youtube of a certain song you like that make you think of something from HA, whether be it a character or a certain episode or whatever

This is the youtube of the song "Mean Streak" by the 80s rock band Y&T, because it makes me think of Helga:

BC1096
BC1096

http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Songs that make you think of a certain HA character Empty Re: Songs that make you think of a certain HA character

Post by Jfgoofy Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:50 pm

I honestly think that "Open Arms" fits Helga a lot and I think the lyrics do too especially this set..

"Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you
Wanting you near
How much I wanted you home"

It really makes me think a lot about Helga and it does sound like that she is talking to Arnold about how hard and awful it was at home and that she loves him and wants to be with him (and it does happen).

Here is the song if anyone hasn't heard it before or just want to listen to it.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Songs that make you think of a certain HA character Empty Re: Songs that make you think of a certain HA character

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W27v2XdCFA "Tangled up in me" always makes me think of Helga.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Leskuh's the one who recommended this to us in the chat one day and I agree with her in that it's so Arnold/Helga:

I also really love this one for them too:

As for a Helga song definitely this one:

Mony
Mony

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 pm

This for some reason is very Helga/Arnold to me:

Also this:

Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Nice choices there, I especially like the Journey one!

Here's a few more I've thought of:

First up, this is the song "Panic Attack" by the prog-metal band Dream Theater, because it makes me think of Sid:

Next, here is the song "Youth Gone Wild" by the 80s rock band Skid Row, because it reminds me of the "Flip the truck!" scene from the "Heat" episode:

And next, here is the song "Never Enough" by the metal band Epica, which is about someone who is selfish and ungrateful and doesn't appreciate anything someone does for them, which of course, makes me think of Oskar:

And last one for now, this is kind of a funny one that I think would fit for a story for a HA episode, the song "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by the 80s rock band Warrant, about a guy and his uncle who witness something scary in the woods one night and can't decide whether they want to keep their mouths shut about it or say something- doesn't that just have Hey Arnold written all over it? Haha, could just see that happening with Sid Stinky and Harold, and Arnold trying to calm them down, haha:

More to come as I think of more, but those were the few off the top of my head
BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W27v2XdCFA "Tangled up in me" always makes me think of Helga.

Wow, that really does sound like something Helga would write!

Here's a few more songs I've thought of:

Here's another Dream Theater song that makes me think of Sid, "Voices", about someone with mental schizophrenia.. I could see Sid developing a case of that later in life:

Next, here is the Theory of a Deadman song "Say I'm Sorry", which makes me think of "Arnold Betrays Iggy":

And now, here's a double-shot of Slash/Myles Kennedy songs, first one is "You're A Lie", which makes me think of Olga's fiance in "Olga Gets Engaged":

Second, here is their excellent song "Bent to Fly", which makes me think of the final scene from "Parents Day", where Arnold gets in the plane to fly to the jungle(which finally WILL happen next year Very Happy
And, if they play this song in it, I will die a happy man Very Happy Very Happy )

Next up, here is the song "Country Boy" by Aaron Lewis, country singer and lead vocalist of Staind, this song makes me think of Stinky:

And speaking of Stinky, here's another song that makes me think of him, the song "Skynyrd Nation" by, well you guessed it, Lynyrd Skynyrd! lol... if they ever make a high school version of H.A., I think it would just be hillarious to see Stinky rolling into the school parking lot in his pickup truck blasting this song:

And last one for now, this is "I'm No Angel" by The Winery Dogs, which I dedicate to Lila, since she apparently has a "repressed dark side" according to Craig Bartlett:

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasticphantom Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 pm

holy shit schizophrenic sid i love that headcanon soooo much

Hearing this song again, I can only think about Arnold's relationship with his parents and the irony that it provides. Or you know, this could serve as Arnold and Helga's hymn for their own child (for obvious reasons).

idk I kinda get teen/young adult Stinky and Sid vibe from this song. Personally, I don't see either of them (especially Sid) growing up into well-adjusted adults.

phantasticphantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Heh, yea, they probably would not... and yes, I think Sid would be very likely to be schizophrenic, either him or Curly...

Well anyway, onto more songs, this is the Megadeth song "Sleepwalker", which of course makes me think of the episode where Helga sleepwalks:

And yet another Dream Theater song that makes me think of Sid, the song "Lie", because well, obviously, he lies a lot, lol:

Next, this is the Breaking Benjamin song "So Cold", which makes me think of Iggy and how cold-hearted he was to Arnold:

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasticphantom Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I always thought if they remade the series, or if through some stroke of luck The Patakis comes to fruition, the show could have a slight Broad City tinge to it.

phantasticphantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Yea I hope The Patakis does get made eventually.. my guess is that it probably will, being that The Jungle Movie got made after so many fan requests for it, and I know a lot of fans want The Patakis made too, so I think there's hope...

Speaking of The Patakis, here's a song that makes me think of Olga, the Warrant song "Sometimes She Cries":

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasticphantom Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Critique my music tastes if you wish but this is my Arnold/Helga anthem.

phantasticphantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Can't believe I haven't posted this one yet, how can this song not make me think of Miss Felter:

And, kinda hard to listen to this song and not think of Oskar and Suzie:

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 pm

For some reason this makes me think of Eugene a little bit (no pun intended), but I don't know why, however it mainly makes me think of every romantic ship that's in the fandom since it's a love song I'm pretty sure (mostly Arnold/Helga, but also Gerald/Phoebe, Simmons/Peter, Sid/Stinky, Harold/Rhonda, Eugene/Curly, etc).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasticphantom Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:00 pm

a moment of silence for all my wasted potential

The Helga vibes I get from this song are bone-chilling. Imo, at a certain point in the song we see Helga's jealousy of Olga poking through, and how she wants to see her oh-so-perfect sister fall apart.

phantasticphantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Yea I guess Give A Little Bit does have a bit of a HA-ish feel to it..

Here's another song I thought of, the song "Emotionless" by Red Sun Rising, which makes me think of Helga, in that she doesn't really know how to express the right emotion at times, ie: the way she's so mean to Arnold when she really means to be nice to him:

and another one, the song "Isolation" by Alter Bridge, which makes me think of certain characters that are isolated from society, ie: Pigeon Man, Monkeyman, Stoop Kid, etc:

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Here's a few more I've thought of.. First up, this is the song "Behind Closed Doors" by Pillar, which makes me think of Lila's first episode, in which the other girls teased her but then saw what her life was really like 'behind closed doors'-

Next, here is "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace, which represents Curly when he snapped after not being made kickball monitor:

And next, here is the song "Escape" by Dokken, about a guy who is frustrated with his girlfriend being indecisive all the time, which I think could represent Arnold and Lila if they ever do have a relationship:

BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down