The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are your favorite characters of the show?

+6
Helga
Perhapsormaybe
SpectrumBunny
LeSkuh
Zeether
Jfgoofy
10 posters

Go down

Who are your favorite characters of the show? Empty Who are your favorite characters of the show?

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:25 pm

Just a simple question and I'm actually kind of curious and interested in who are your favorite characters (I'm probably going to expect most of us are going to have our favorite characters being Arnold and Helga, which I can understand, and they are 2 of my favorites). I mentioned my favorite characters already in my introduction post and I know Leskuh's because of her art, so to everyone else who are your favorite characters?
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Who are your favorite characters of the show? Empty Re: Who are your favorite characters of the show?

Post by Zeether Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Obviously Arnold and Helga, but I like Rhonda, Phoebe, Gerald, Grandpa, and Grandma. I know she's kind of a dream world character but I also like Hilda, even though she pops up in only one episode...I like to think she does actually exist though.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Who are your favorite characters of the show? Empty Re: Who are your favorite characters of the show?

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I hope she actually exists within the Hey Arnold! universe.

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:31 pm

My shameful favorites are all the garbage bullies because I'm terrible. Helga, Harold and Wolfgang. GARBAGE.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumBunny Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:21 pm

I LOVE MR SIMMONS ///weeps
SpectrumBunny
SpectrumBunny

http://fyeah-hey-arnold-fanart.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Arnold, Helga, Gerald, Phoebe and then Mr Simmons. I like everyone else, but they're my faves.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumBunny Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Mr Simmons is a cinnamon roll
But even he has his moments <:O

I am also In Love with Alan??

Who are your favorite characters of the show? Latest?cb=20100309074640

look at how cute he is
how is this fair
SpectrumBunny
SpectrumBunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:55 am

I think it's pretty obvious who the best character is. Someone get a mod in here to close up this thread. Debate over! There's a CLEAR winner here.
Helga
Helga

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 am

That is too difficult a question, because every time I say "Oh, I love you [character's name]!", a different scene pops up where a different character shines and I'll just say "Oh, I love you [different character's name]!"

But the ones that come to my head first are Helga, Arnold, Gerald, Phoebe, Grandpa, and Grandma.....but I love everyone else too!!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:32 pm

I agree with AibouFTW, it's hard to pick sometimes because I love them all and they shine at different times and differently.  So it kind of depends on my mood and the episode.

But Arnold is definitely my favorite with Helga as a very close second.  And after them I really like Sid, he makes me laugh every time. Same with Eugene.  But like I said, I kind of switch around a lot haha!

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:55 am

I like pretty much everyone (they're all so multifaceted, which is one of the reasons why I love HA! so much) but my personally favorites are Gerald, Helga, Sid, and Big Gino.

I love how grounded Gerald is and his taste in 70s music and shows (I figured he's an old soul like Arnold. Must be one of the reasons they get along so well!).

I love how complex Helga is: intellgent, funny, and heartbreaking, all rolled up into one.

Sid, oh man Sid. I really can relate to him because I was a lot like him when I was a kid: paranoid, into the paranormal, and scared of a lot of things. I also have empathy for him because of his upbringing. Sid can be a jerk sometimes, but I think his family not having a lot of money is a major driving force for his poor decisions.

Sid also makes me laugh, especially in "Sid's Revenge". His screams always bring me tears of laughter (sorry buddy). :') I got a soft spot for cowards.  

Big Gino because yeah, sometimes I like characters who are unforgiving jerks (and are snappy dressers, not to mention all the Godfather references). I would have loved to have seen him as a reoccurring bully like Wolfgang but he really did steal the spotlight in his episode, so at least there's that.
Rainbowraider
Rainbowraider

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumBunny Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Sid really is a great character. Yeah he lies and cheats a lot but he's actually really sweet and just wants to be loved. u_u
SpectrumBunny
SpectrumBunny

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Arnold is my absolute favorite character. If he were real (and grown) I'd be in soooo much trouble. Arnold's Love, you totally know what I mean right? I love every aspect of his character. I know that he is not the center of attention on every episode, but to me, if Arnold were not who/how he is the show would be hollow. That said Arnold may be the framework and foundation of the show, but Helga makes the show complete.

I'd have to say that like most everyone I love love love Helga. Hear that, Helga? I would totally adopt her if I could. Of course, it'd have to be okay with her and everything. Maybe I could be like an honorary Aunt. I'd take her to visit my family all over the world and tell her how smart she is everyday. We'd people watch and make fun of all the dorks we see and enjoy each others snarky wittiness. Basically give her all the attention and affection she deserves. She has my heart.

I also love Eugene, and can relate to him a lot too in that I refuse to be anything but optimistic a majority of the time in spite of negative circumstances. My husband frequently tells me my optimism is annoying. (I tell him to shove it, and then burst into song just to rub it in. *smirks* )

Stinky is another favorite because he is just so endearing.  
Sid tugs at my heartstrings, and I can agree with what rainbowraider said about what makes him tick.
Lila, because she is observant and quick, but still manages to be kind.
Also, for some reason Brainy. Don't know why. Have not stopped to think about it to hard, but I love him.
And, Spectrumbunny, I too think that Alan is one sexy boy. Woo, that boy would have brought havoc in my life. Wink MMM mmm.

Last edited by theintangiblefriends on Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Also I have a new found appreciation for Wolfgang after reading some of Leskuh's fanfic. I think I have to agree with her insightful take on his personality.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:43 am

Wow, TIF, I really like the way you describe Arnold and Helga! That's why they're not only good for each other, but good for the show as well.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumBunny Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:45 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:And, Spectrumbunny, I too think that Alan is one sexy boy. Woo, that boy would have brought havoc in my life. Wink MMM mmm.

GOOD SOMEBODY AGREES

oh my god I love Alan why does he have to be fictional
and like
SpectrumBunny
SpectrumBunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:Arnold is my absolute favorite character. If he were real (and grown) I'd be in soooo much trouble. Arnold's Love, you totally know what I mean right? I love every aspect of his character. I know that he is not the center of attention on every episode, but to me, if Arnold were not who/how he is the show would be hollow. That said Arnold may be the framework and foundation of the show, but Helga makes the show complete.

Haha, it's like you know my inner thoughts or something. I love Arnold. :-) He's my cartoon crush. But I also think I like him best because I relate to him the most. Like I legitimately was just like him in high school and always got teased and bullied for being a goody-two-shoes who always tried to help everyone and looked on the bright side. That episode "Deconstructing Arnold"...I know it's not a fan favorite, but I relate to it on such an emotional level having gone through similar things in my childhood/teenage years, so I really like it. I think that's why in my fanfiction he's the only character I don't have to work hard to keep in character and why I choose to write from his POV most times.

I love what you said about Arnold and Helga making the show together. THat's my feelings exactly...I could just never put it into words. I'm applauding your explanation!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down