The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode?

+2
Arnold's Love
Jfgoofy
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode? Empty What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode?

Post by Jfgoofy Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:17 pm

The topic's title pretty much says it and I'm kind of curious as usual. This could include episode adaptation of the books, scrapped episode ideas (ones that were official) or it could be episode ideas that you have came up with.

I was thinking of this episode involving Sid, but I can only think of the first few parts (yes I have thought of some kind of plot) and I don't think it's a good episode idea.

I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE MY THING AND MAN IS IT GONNA BE LONG

So like it has him at the movies again with Stinky & Arnold and it's October so the movie theater is showing old sci-fi/horror films from the 1950s to the early 1980s. So like they watch the HA version of the 1954 monster movie Them! (which if you don't know is the movie about giant radioactive ants) and unlike the real movie it extends a scene from the movie and adding gore but it's still the same movie without the gore so it's just this scene (which you don't see the blood and stuff in the episode, but you can hear it from the movie screen, https://youtu.be/Zf8aBFTVNEU?t=48 so in this scene when the ant charges through the window, it would cut to Sid all freaked out and you can hear the ant closing it's mandibles as you see it right before it cuts to Sid and the other 2, a brief wilhelm scream, something being ripped, a bone being crunched, liquid splattering as a man is screaming in horror/pain, and the sound they use would be this sound effect http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-file/scream-male-horror-scream-116267 and they used it before for Billy in "Mugged" when Arnold scared him, but they of course made it higher pitched, however I think the howie scream could be a better choice for this part in this episode idea, I'm not sure, anyways back on topic oh and Stinky says something involving the scene which kind of implies that the guy had his arm ripped off by the ant) and the movie in the episode actually plays the scene but they are all animated replicas of the exact same scenes, however the music is used would be from the De Wolfe (it's the production company that provided music for Monty Python, MGPaM and Dawn of the Dead and a few of the production tracks from Dawn of the Dead are used in the episode) and APM (the music production company that cartoons like Ren and Stimpy, Spongebob and Rocko's Modern Life use) for these old movies. Of course Sid is terrified, that night he has a nightmare. It starts off with a peaceful shot of a small hill in a meadow with a tree, but then it cuts to the grass and it shows Sid fleeing from something and it turns out to be a tiger beetle which then catches up to him and grabs him by its mouth and shake him like what a dog does with a chew toy and there is no blood at all. Next day at school during lunch, Sid screams at a single carpenter ant, then Sid just crushes multiple times and grabs the dead ant and squeezes it with his fingers, which horrifies Nadine (and yes Nadine has some involvement from the episode). This is like only the 1/5 of the episode and I don't even know what should happen next. So anyways what episode idea would you like to see be made into an actual episode (Sorry about my idea)?

EDIT: I had to retitle it because this could be books or anything else (fanfics I guess could be included) you'd like to see made into an actual episode or you could think of an episode idea which is what I did.

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 11 times in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode? Empty Re: What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode?

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:42 am

Hahahahaha!! That is so so so very Sid! Hahaha! Oh boy! I love Sid! Haha! I could like see this whole thing you described in mind lol!

I have a couple episode ideas, but I've starting a new collection of one shots which will be those ideas, so I'll probably keep them to myself for now. ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode? Empty Re: What is an episode (episode ideas, scrapped episodes, HA! book episode adaptations) you would like to see get made into an actual episode?

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:45 am

Thank you, and alright then!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Now I feel bad for not sharing haha! ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:17 pm

It's fine, I'm not mad or anything.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Well, I figured you weren't. But I just feel lame now haha. 
Maybe I'll just finish the one I'm working on real quick so you can read it. ;-)  It's about Eugene. :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Ooh! I'd like to see it!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:24 am

I could see it in my head as I was reading it. It's really cool that you have that kind of knowledge about sound effects and movie scores too. I have none :/ .
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:34 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:I could see it in my head as I was reading it. It's really cool that you have that kind of knowledge about sound effects and movie scores too. I have none :/ .

I think I think of detail a lot when I have episode ideas. I mean you could share an episode idea like a basic thing (like a basic summary) and not something like I shared (it was too long and was more of a description than a summary, and I was going into too much detail).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 am

Actually, I like the amount of detail you gave; it makes it more vivid. Also I'm a perfectionist when it comes to creative writing sooo Wink
I'm currently working on an idea of an episode, but since I am a perfectionist I haven't posted it yet. Oh well. Soon enough.
Maybe you can add the sound effects/background noise when I do Very Happy
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:00 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:Actually, I like the amount of detail you gave; it makes it more vivid. Also I'm a perfectionist when it comes to creative writing sooo Wink
I'm currently working on an idea of an episode, but since I am a perfectionist I haven't posted it yet. Oh well. Soon enough.
Maybe you can add the sound effects/background noise when I do Very Happy

Thank you!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

Hey I'm not sure if we are allowed to double post (I've seen it on a couple threads, but on many forums it's illegal to double post) but here is something I need to add.

So I was thinking of them re-using the screams of the scare simulator from Monsters Inc. (not the prequel) for Sid, because the simulator does sound a bit like Sid (even though I believe it's actually Bobby Edner voicing it) and I was thinking that it could be used for when Sid is being grabbed by the tiger beetle's mandibles and being shaken around like a chew toy while he is screaming in terror, and the second scream would be right when Sid wakes up as he was in the jaws of the beetle in the dream. I guess the scream could be used either when Sid is extremely scared of the old cheesy 1950s sci-fi horror movies (which is Them!) and runs out of the theater. Does anybody else think the scare simulator from Monsters Inc. sound a bit like Sid?

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:22 pm

I wish some of the books had been made into actual episodes, specifically the E-Files one. I think that could make a good half-hour special focused on Brainy a little if they added a few parts to it in order to sort of flesh out his character.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Zeether wrote:I wish some of the books had been made into actual episodes, specifically the E-Files one. I think that could make a good half-hour special focused on Brainy a little if they added a few parts to it in order to sort of flesh out his character.

I feel the same with you! I do think the books should have been adapted into episodes.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 am

Jfgoofy wrote:
Zeether wrote:I wish some of the books had been made into actual episodes, specifically the E-Files one. I think that could make a good half-hour special focused on Brainy a little if they added a few parts to it in order to sort of flesh out his character.

I feel the same with you! I do think the books should have been adapted into episodes.

Books? What books? Shocked Where do I find them?
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon May 16, 2016 1:43 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:

Books? What books? Shocked Where do I find them?
There were several Hey Arnold! chapter books, some were adaptations of episodes while a few others were completely original stories (Arnold For President, The Secret of the Bermuda Triangle and Arnold's E-Files). You can probably come across them being sold on eBay, I'm pretty sure Amazon has copies but they're likely marked up to ridiculously high prices for secondhand books.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon May 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Thank you, Zeether!

Last edited by theintangiblefriends on Mon May 16, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon May 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Jace, I finished the first draft of that episode idea I was telling you about. Eventually I'm going to format it professionally, and it is still a REALLY rough first draft. But I would still love it if you helped me with sound effects and such.

I don't know if I should post in here though or as FanFic since it has some significant plot-points to the series as a whole and couldn't be considered a stand-alone episode. As in the story changes significant plot-lines to HA! as a series, and considering everyone has their own versions of certain elements, I would feel it is a little rude to say "oh, this episode should have been made into an actual one."

I've never written any fanfic before though, and don't know where to "publish" it to get feedback as I revise and edit it. Advice is welcome. Smile
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:Jace, I finished the first draft of that episode idea I was telling you about. Eventually I'm going to format it professionally, and it is still a REALLY rough first draft. But I would still love it if you helped me with sound effects and such.

I don't know if I should post in here though or as FanFic since it has some significant plot-points to the series as a whole and couldn't be considered a stand-alone episode. As in the story changes significant plot-lines to HA! as a series, and considering everyone has their own versions of certain elements, I would feel it is a little rude to say "oh, this episode should have been made into an actual one."

I've never written any fanfic before though, and don't know where to "publish" it to get feedback as I revise and edit it. Advice is welcome. Smile

Thanks! I'd love to see it (mine was like part of the plot written down like what you would see on wikipedia or other wikias)
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon May 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Jace, I finished the first draft of that episode idea I was telling you about. Eventually I'm going to format it professionally, and it is still a REALLY rough first draft. But I would still love it if you helped me with sound effects and such.

Thanks! I'd love to see it (mine was like part of the plot written down like what you would see on wikipedia or other wikias)

I don't know where to put it.
Got any recommendations? It needs to be someplace where I can go back and revise and format it and stuff. Also I could send it to you in a PM if you want. Unless you can think of a better place.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon May 16, 2016 7:25 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:

I don't know where to put it.  
Got any recommendations? It needs to be someplace where I can go back and revise  and format it and stuff. Also I could send it to you in a PM if you want. Unless you can think of a better place.

PM sounds good, if you want it to make it public you could use wattpad I guess or fan fiction.net, you can post it on here if you'd like (I think it would be best with a summary or like the plot, not the entire thing, but it's your choice).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm

I look forward to reading it when you post it somewhere!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sat May 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:I look forward to reading it when you post it somewhere!

Well, I added the link to the fanfic forum (the one on here).
Mind you, it's a VERY ROUGH FIRST draft.
And even though I see it in my own head as an episode, I'm starting to think that I'll only format into "spec" for myself but rewrite it as a short story. Are those called one-shots in the fandom or does that term mean something else?
Anyway let me know what you think of the basic story. (LOL there is no point in even constructively criticizing any other aspect though right now since it is such a rough draft. Wink Wink Laughing )
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by blvrryfvce Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 am

I think I read somewhere once that Craig said that there was supposed to be an episode in which the entire class (except Arnold) knows that Helga loves Arnold and they just look at her and say "We know Helga". I wish I could see that haha, I'm kind of hoping they play on that in TJM where they see Arnold and Helga holding hands and they say something along the lines of "finally!"

I'd also love episodes with Brainy since we barely know anything about him. Who is Brainy? Why is his name Brainy? And does he also get all lovesick for Helga like does Arnold? Surprised
blvrryfvce
blvrryfvce

Http://www.peanutbutterandjigglypuff.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:32 am

blvrryfvce wrote:I think I read somewhere once that Craig said that there was supposed to be an episode in which the entire class (except Arnold) knows that Helga loves Arnold and they just look at her and say "We know Helga". I wish I could see that haha, I'm kind of hoping they play on that in TJM where they see Arnold and Helga holding hands and they say something along the lines of "finally!"

I'd also love episodes with Brainy since we barely know anything about him. Who is Brainy? Why is his name Brainy? And does he also get all lovesick for Helga like does Arnold? Surprised

I wish that actually happened, it sounds like it could have been a fine episode with some funny moments!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next