The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Song Fic Game

+2
Rainbowraider
Perhapsormaybe
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Song Fic Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Song Fic Game

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Ok sorry guys! I know I haven't posted one yet, but I totally have one in the works that I got inspired for today! So...coming VERY soon....for real this time!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed May 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Thank god this isn't dead yet!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:Thank god this isn't dead yet!

Haha sorry! I believe it was my fault!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Ok, here's one!  And I'm saying this now...whoever guesses right HAS to take the next turn...we are following the rules now, people! Razz Haha!  But seriously. Wink So...name this song!

It’s not that he minded.  He really didn’t.  In fact, it was so much who he was that it literally was second nature--a part of him. And he liked that.  It was a good attribute to have.  A trait to be proud of.  Something many friends and strangers were always in need of. He knew it was a wonderful thing. It was something he knew his parents would have been proud of him for.

That’s who he was.  The boy who helped others.  The boy who put aside his own needs to be there for others; to help them make the right and the best decision; to lift them up when they were down; to help them be who they were meant to be and see the best in themselves.  It was amazing the difference he could make in the lives of those around him. It made him happy to do it.

But sometimes...yes, sometimes, quietly sitting on his stoop thinking about his long lost parents, he’d feel alone and stranded.  Forgotten.  Lost.

Why did everyone only see him as the sturdy pinnacle of integrity and valor.  It’s as if they never saw him as anything else--only the moral compass, the helper, the friend, the confidant, the fixer, the comforter, the do-gooder, the boy who always, endlessly looked on the bright side.

But he was more than that.  More than anyone else every saw in him.  He was a person too with feelings--both good and bad--and secrets, and longings, and dreams. But everyone was so worried about themselves they only saw in him what they needed at any given moment.  Their hero.

But no one ever took the time to delve deeper...no one thought that someone like him, someone who was always helping others, could, in fact, need the same thing he gave to everyone else; an ear to listen, a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, an optimistic dream.  He sometimes wished that people wouldn’t look at him as such a strong, look-on-the-bright-side kind of guy.  Sometimes he just wanted to be able to fall to his knees and cry just like anyone else and then have someone else there to lift him up.   Didn’t he have to right to have weaknesses too?  To feel despair?  To feel like giving up?

But the weight of the world was on his shoulders...the weight of having to help so many people--as if it was his calling in life, thrust upon him by fate.  It wasn’t easy to be him--to be the helpmeet. It never had been easy.  But like always, he was alone, and would have to pick himself up and continue on as the hero, finding new ways to look on the bright side and in turn continue to save others along the way.  And he would, like he always had.  He would be their hero.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu May 19, 2016 3:34 pm

It feels Kind of familiar, but I don't think I know what it is.
It's not Hero by Mariah Carey is it?
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Thu May 19, 2016 10:06 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:It feels Kind of familiar, but I don't think I know what it is.

Nope. Good guess though. Hopefully I didn't make it too hard!
Any other guesses?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat May 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Guess...Jfgoofy...give it a whirl...or AibouFTW...because I don't want to write another one already! Haha!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sat May 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:It feels Kind of familiar, but I don't think I know what it is.

Nope.  Good guess though.  Hopefully I didn't make it too hard!
Any other guesses?

Okay last guess for now. Is it Superman (It's not easy) by Five for Fighting?
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 21, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm thinking but I don't know what it is (I don't really listen to modern music, there are some decent artists/songs but then again there's a ton of crap as well and I forget who the artists are and the names of songs and their lyrics, then again I have the same trouble with other decades).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat May 21, 2016 5:20 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:

Any other guesses?

YES!!!! That's it!! Awesome job! That means it's your turn!!! :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat May 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I'm thinking but I don't know what it is (I don't really listen to modern music, there are some decent artists/songs but then again there's a ton of crap as well and I forget who the artists are and the names of songs and their lyrics, then again I have the same trouble with other decades).

What kind of music do you like? I'm way more into old stuff then new stuff too. I've got pretty eclectic music taste. So what do you like?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:I'm thinking but I don't know what it is (I don't really listen to modern music, there are some decent artists/songs but then again there's a ton of crap as well and I forget who the artists are and the names of songs and their lyrics, then again I have the same trouble with other decades).

What kind of music do you like? I'm way more into old stuff then new stuff too.  I've got pretty eclectic music taste.  So what do you like?

I said it in my introduction! XD Oh well, at least theintangiblefriends got it!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sat May 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:

Any other guesses?

YES!!!!  That's it!!  Awesome job!  That means it's your turn!!! :-)

Oh cool! I actually really really like that song.
I have an idea and I'll get to it soon but I need to wait for the toddler to be in bed first. Wink
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon May 23, 2016 11:19 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:Oh cool! I actually really really like that song.
I have an idea and I'll get to it soon but I need to wait for the toddler to be in bed first. Wink

I'm excited to see what you come up with! Very Happy Very Happy
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:

Any other guesses?

YES!!!!  That's it!!  Awesome job!  That means it's your turn!!! :-)

Oh cool! I actually really really like that song.

Toddlers getting in bed can be a handful. Looking forward to what you write!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 25, 2016 2:37 am

okay here is is

Miriam glanced up briefly at the sound of the now very familiar young man letting himself into the entryway of her home.
He caught her eye, and absently said, "Hi, Miriam."
"She's up in her room," said the woman with concern, knowing that the way her recently-turned-seventeen year old daughter had come storming into the house, run up the stairs, and let out an angry exasperated yell while slamming her door had everything to do with why Arnold was now here.
Arnold, however, already making his way up to Helga's room, barely even heard Miriam's last statement.
He opened Helga's bedroom door without knocking.
Helga had been furiously writing at her desk when she suddenly turned at the sound of her door being opened.
"Get the fuck out!" she yelled.
Taking in her tear-stained distraught expression, Arnold felt pain piercing his heart.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"I said GET OUT!" Helga nearly screamed, fresh tears now streaming down her lovely face.
Arnold approached her quickly. Just as she stood to attempt to throw a notebook at him, he grabbed her firmly, but gently by the wrist.
She broke. She just crumpled onto the floor and began sobbing into her hands. Arnold knelt by her as broken-hearted as she, and attempted to take her into his arms.
"Don't touch me!" she said passionately.
"Helga..."
"No!" the destroyed looking young woman said though more quietly this time. "I don't ever want you to touch me again. I don't ever want to see you--"
"Stop," Arnold cut her off gently, "We need to talk about this."
Acid sarcasm now replaced Helga's desperation as she said, "What more could you possibly want from me. You know everything about me. I can't think of a single question you would need to ask me."
Ignoring her remarks, Arnold was quiet for a moment then said "We need to go to the beginning."
Helga laughed angrily and said, "It started when you said you're leaving again." fresh tears beginning to overflow her eyes once again.
"No," said Arnold, "I mean we need to go all the way back. Back to who we are together and what that means and how I need you and how you love me."
Although she had been trying to hold it back, a sob escaped Helga's throat. Arnold reached out again from where he was sitting on the floor next to her and pulled her into his embrace.
And she relinquished. She fell into him whispering weakly, "I hate you."
Arnold buried his face into her hair.
"You love me," he said simply.
They just sat together like that for some time as Helga's crying subsided and Arnold continued to kiss the top of her head and stroke her hair cascading down her back.
"Helga," he finally broke the silence, though an occasional heavy, shaky breath could still be heard from his girlfriend, "this isn't easy for me either. But I have no choice. I have to leave again. But I know you know it won't be forever. I'll always come back to you."
"Arnold," Helga said brokenly, "you promised you would never leave me again. Why do you have to go? I don't know if I can handle you leaving me again."
"I know it makes no sense to you. That's why I said we should think about the very beginning. Because even if you can't understand, and you can't accept my explanations right now, your heart still knows that we are meant to be together. That someday, somehow we will be, no matter if we have to be apart right now. Because our heart's will always be haunted by each other until we are finally together again. Because I can't live without you, Helga."
Helga finally lifted her blood-shot eyes to Arnold's, her eyes only made more blue by the red that contrasted them.  And as she clung to him, with a trembling breath she exhaled, "Why does loving you have to be so hard, Arnold?"
Tears Arnold had been holding back this whole time finally fell freely, and he just held tightly to Helga and rocked with her in his arms.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 25, 2016 2:37 am

Sorry if it was too long.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Well, I very much loved it! So sad though! But Loved it...I'm gonna have to wrack my brain though and see if I can figure it out....
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Well, I very much loved it!  So sad though! But Loved it...I'm gonna have to wrack my brain though and see if I can figure it out....

Aww, thank you! I'm really glad you liked it.
Not to give anything away but the song itself, though not necessarily sad, can make me cry like a baby when I listen to it. Actually sometimes I listen to it just because I need a good cry. When someone guesses what it is though, ya'll are definitely going to think I'm weird that it gets to me so much. Laughing Wink
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Well, I very much loved it!  So sad though! But Loved it...I'm gonna have to wrack my brain though and see if I can figure it out....

Not to give anything away but the song itself, though not necessarily sad, can make me cry like a baby when I listen to it. Actually sometimes I listen to it just because I need a good cry. When someone guesses what it is though, ya'll are definitely going to think I'm weird that it gets to me so much. Laughing Wink

*IF* we guess it. Haha, I'm still stuck!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:

*IF* we guess it.  Haha, I'm still stuck!
Haha Well, y'all just let me know when the metaphorical buzzer says times up and I have to wrack my brain for another idea. Wink
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm

I give up! Haha, I vote if no one gets it by tomorrow, you should tell us it and do another.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed May 25, 2016 7:32 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but it gives off an "I Hate You" from "If/Then" vibe.

The other thing I'm thinking is "At the Beginning" from Anastasia.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but it gives off an "I Hate You" from "If/Then" vibe.

No. Sorry. Sad
Actually I'm not familiar with either of those songs. To give a hint, it's by one of the bands Arnold'sLove mentioned she likes in one of her previous posts.
I guess I was more cryptic than I thought I was being. As for the vibe of the song, it was actually a cover of the original that inspired me. Maybe that was a bad idea. Embarassed The original (which I've always loved) has more of a hesitantly hopeful feel, but through differences in instrument, style, and key, the cover managed to actually break my heart a little. It feels more desperate.
I guess if I end up doing another I'll make sure to use the original as reference. Even though the melody and lyrics didn't change, maybe the difference in overall tone made a difference.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Thu May 26, 2016 6:15 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but it gives off an "I Hate You" from "If/Then" vibe.

No. Sorry. Sad
Actually I'm not familiar with either of those songs. To give a hint, it's by one of the bands Arnold'sLove mentioned she likes in one of her previous posts.
I guess I was more cryptic than I thought I was being. As for the vibe of the song, it was actually a cover of the original that inspired me. Maybe that was a bad idea. Embarassed  The original (which I've always loved) has more of a hesitantly hopeful feel, but through differences in instrument, style, and key, the cover managed to actually break my heart a little. It feels more desperate.
I guess if I end up doing another I'll make sure to use the original as reference. Even though the melody and lyrics didn't change, maybe the difference in overall tone made a difference.

Ok ok...with that hint...let me think about it one more time and see if I can come up with a guess...
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next