The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Song Fic Game

+2
Rainbowraider
Perhapsormaybe
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Song Fic Game - Page 4 Empty Re: The Song Fic Game

Post by Arnold's Love Thu May 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Ok...seriously...this game is too hard...I think we need to start giving clues! Hahahaha!

Seriously though, I decided I'm just gonna take a guess....is it by any chance...
"The Hardest Part" by Coldplay
I love that song...and I could see it working for this songfic...
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Ok...seriously...this game is too hard...I think we need to start giving clues! Hahahaha!

Seriously though, I decided I'm just gonna take a guess....is it by any chance...
"The Hardest Part" by Coldplay
I love that song...and I could see it working for this songfic...

Your getting warm!! That's the right band. But it's a different song. If it's okay now I'll just say which one?
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Thu May 26, 2016 9:55 pm

WAAAAAIIIIITTTTT!!!  Is it "The Scientist"?????????  OH MY GOSH!  IT IS!!  I TOTALLY SEE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry..."
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
I'm going back to the start..."
WOW!  GENIUS!!!!!  I'm applauding you!

But anyway, since i had to have like a million clues I say you can go again if you like :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu May 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:WAAAAAIIIIITTTTT!!!  Is it "The Scientist"?????????  OH MY GOSH!  IT IS!!  I TOTALLY SEE IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry..."
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
I'm going back to the start..."
WOW!  GENIUS!!!!!  I'm applauding you!

But anyway, since i had to have like a million clues I say you can go again if you like :-)

YES!!!!!! AH! I'm so glad you got it!
And actually, I have no ideas at the moment. So if you want to go, I'd be perfectly happy about that. If you are simply trying to avoid being the next person to go again Wink just say so. I completely understand. If you really do want to go or if you really don't, either way let me know, because it will take me a few days to come up with something and write it down.
And as for which cover of the song I listened to that gave me the idea, it was the Boyce Ave. cover. I really like listening to Coldplay too, but when I listened to this cover, it had a different but still beautiful feel.

And thank you for the compliments! Very Happy Embarassed Smile You're really sweet.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Thu May 26, 2016 10:53 pm

OH. MY. GOSH. I totally looked up that version because I never heard it before. It's GORGEOUS! I'm totes gonna make my husband learn it so we can duet it...gah, no wonder you cry! It's so pretty...

I guess I could go. I just feel like I've been dominating this game because no one else ever wants to go haha...so...what do YOU want to do?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu May 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Go ahead. You guessed it even if I had to prompt you. Wink
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun May 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Sorry I took so long again but here’s my song fic...I tried to with something light-hearted this time...let me know if you need a hint...I think sometimes it’s nice to help each other out with a hint when you consider the vast world of music out there. :-) But...that being said, I kind of think it might be REALLY obvious haha! Onto the fic...

It’s not like she hadn’t done it a million times before. Heck, she was a bit of an expert in that area.

There was the 1st time as a child when she had lost her precious pink book--a book that held her expressions of love in the form of poems. There was the time when she had left an incriminating message on his answering machine...confessing her deepest feelings for him. In the end she’d really rather he not hear...especially considering she was a little goofy from the laughing gas at the time...and therefore she’d had to get it back. There was the time--okay multiple times--when she’d walked to his house asleep only to wake up INSIDE his house in a panic and barely escape without him catching her, and then there was the time his pet pig had stolen her beloved locket--inscribed with all her feelings of love.

So really...not a big deal that she was still doing it these days, right?

Except, of course, nowadays, she snuck in for different reasons...late at night, while the boarding house slept and there was no sound in his room except the sound of a heartbeat--of Arnold’s heartbeat.

Nothing creepy about that...

When he had spoke those words she longed to hear for the first time from the depths of slumber, she’d had to come back.

And night after night she had. She’d come to hear his heart open and, what she presumed was the truth, come out from his very own lips.

He said he wanted and needed her.

He said he loved her.

And she knew it must be true, because she heard it in the dark of night, in his bedroom.

All his secrets exposed, while he monologued in his sleep.

Sometimes she’d even be brave and gently wrap him in her arms (he was quite a deep sleeper, that Arnold). And it gave her a sort of thrill to know he had no idea that in a way he was in the spotlight, exposing the secrets of his heart to her--unable to hide them while he slept. The mystery that was Arnold and his feelings for Helga, were no longer a secret--even if only spoken at night.

He wanted her.

He needed her.

He loved her.

Arnold loved Helga. His own words--his secret, clandestine, and albeit, unknowingly, revealed beneath the stars of his skylight in her arms.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon May 30, 2016 10:46 am

The Romantics "Talking In Your Sleep"? Either way, very nice!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon May 30, 2016 11:21 am

Yes!! Good job, haha! I hope it was just challenging enough for you and not too easy ;-)

You're up!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon May 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Ok, I think this is one of my more accessible songs I listen to (you have no idea how hard it is for me to not just use my more obscure Broadway list...)

Bob sat down heavily in the chair, groaning from the pain in his knees. Everything hurt, really. His time was coming, and he only had one chance to get this right.

"I wish you could jut forget the wrong that I've done..." he chuckled humorously, finally making eye contact with his youngest daughter. Years of self reflection had forced his hand and made him call her up. He was in his sixties now but all those years of bad eating and lack of exercise were catching up to him. Olga he figured he'd treated well enough. But Helga...

Helga sat on the couch, her hands clasped in front of her and held between her knees.

"How's Lucy?" Bob asked, trying to break the silence. Lucy was his youngest granddaughter, just three years old. Helga's third child. He knew it was rude to ask only after her and not after the other two, but he thought Lucy would be the only one who would be scared about him being so close to the end, the only one who would care.

"She's fine, Bob. What is this about?"

"Kiddo...Ol---Helga," he corrected himself. "I haven't treated you the way I should have. The way you deserved."

"You weren't completely awful. I mean...we had 'quantity time'" she smirked. He chuckled. She'd corrected him later on it being 'quality time' but he'd continued it as a joke with the grandkids.

Bob felt a tear glimmer in his eye, but choked it back. Big Bob Pataki did
not cry. Ever. "It's just...are there any reasons I'll be missed? Could you help me leave behind some reason that I would be?"

Helga rolled her eyes. "Dad. Of course you're going to be missed. But stop talking like that. You're not going anywhere, not for a while." She moved her hands and drummed the fingers of her right hand against the arm of the couch, thinking hard. "But I promise," she smirked again, "When I give your eulogy - in twenty years, because you'd better stick around until all the kids are old enough to handle you passing - I'll only talk about the good. So long as you promise to keep being a better grandfather..." she choked up. It was hard to say the next part, but it was true. While Bob had tried, he'd been...lacking. "Be a better grandfather than you were a dad. Because you are an amazing grandfather. So long as you keep doing that...I promise to leave out all the rest."

Hope this is obvious enough without being too obvious.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon May 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Hmm.. it doesn't look obvious or familiar to me.

I almost had the Romantics one
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Tue May 31, 2016 11:07 am

Time for hints! Smile
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 am

Is it Linkin park "leave out all the rest"??  I might be way off...
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Is it Linkin park "leave out all the rest"??  I might be way off...

Nope, you are totally right! Your turn again!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm kind of a music freak.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:47 pm

It's cool to have varied tastes!

Since you didn't take another turn I'm gonna go ahead and steal it (let me know if that bothers you, I can always remove this later).

Arnold studied Helga closely, holding her at arms' length. They'd been together four years now. Had you told him nine years ago that he'd ever see her cry, or be the one to comfort her at that moment, he would have thought you were nuts.

But comfort her, he was. They were behind the school, seated against a wall. It was that part of the afternoon where the sun seemed to bathe everything in a golden light. It was beautiful, but Helga wasn't in the mood to appreciate it.

She chuckled humorously, wiping away the tears. "Sorry. ...It's so stupid, but...well, we love our tragedies," she sat up, pulling away from his embrace. "Humans as a whole, I mean...not just you and me. Sure, you were wrapped up in your parents' disappearance -" she backtracked. "Ugh, criminy, what is wrong with me?! That isn't comparable...this is nothing like you thinking your parents are dead!"

"We're both broken in our own little ways, Helga," He pulled her back into his arms. "It's not about degrees. Other people hurting doesn't make your hurt less valid. I'm sorry your parents both missed the poetry night. I thought your work was amazing. I'm glad you finally started signing it." He wiggled his eyebrows at her, teasing about her past. It was always a bit of a gamble - sometimes she'd get irritated and embarrassed, other times she laughed along. But either way it would get her to focus on something else.

He grabbed her right hand and laced his fingers through hers. "We're broken...but we fit together just right."

"You shouldn't fall for me...don't trust in me, don't fall for me," Helga warned. "What if I'm just like them? What if I put everyone else through all this...crap?"

"Too late for that," He smirked. "Already fallen. Besides, you're not your parents. You wouldn't do this to people, Helga. I've already fallen for you - though I didn't even notice it at first. I fell for you back when we were nine. I knew I loved you then..." he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips but pulled back when she attempted to deepen it. He looked into her eyes and brushed a stray strand of hair back behind her ear. "I know I love you now." Seeing the best opportunity to break her from her misery, he added in a whisper in her ear "You're falling for me."

"Football Head," she pushed him away playfully. "I fell for you a long time ago.

Gonna warn you that I jumped around with the lyrics a bit because it would have affected flow other wise.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:55 pm

No way do I mind. I feel bad I forgot to do it! I'm glad you decided to just do it. If I ever fail again, just do it haha! I got sick for like two weeks and had a wedding to attend so busy busy!
Oh my gosh, I love it!! Wow!! It's like this perfect moment I can totally see happening between them. Lovely.
I like where you fit the lyrics in. Really perfect.
Eclipsed by Evans Blue?
I mean I recognize the lyrics...so I guess there shouldn't be a question mark there haha.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Absolutely correct! And I'm glad you liked the fic!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Awesome! I'm working on one! I'll try to post tomorrow!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:41 am

Well, I'm super stuck today and couldn't finish the one I was working on...so if anyone else wants to take it, go for it. Otherwise, I'll keep trying to find some inspiration. :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4