Chatroom getting activity again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chatroom getting activity again?

Post by Zeether on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:40 pm

So I remember looking at the old forums and seeing stuff about chatroom sessions going on, any chance those could make a return in the future? I'd love to talk with fellow fans.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatroom getting activity again?

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:06 pm

What is this chatroom (is the old and abanonded forum the one that perhapsormaybe posted one of their fanfics that was linked onto this forum?)? Is there a link? I would like to talk with you all!!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

I think it was the one used for all the chats that got archived on the wiki, it also got some use from the forums Annemiek ran (the Pink Ribbons and Blue Hats forum). The info's on here: http://heyarnold.twotoasts.de/?page=Chat
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:27 pm

I was thinking it was the old forum you guys were on. I'm not sure if anyone uses it at all anymore, and some of the links to the HA fansites open new tabs which changes the url and eventually redirects me to some stupid ad or scam (does this happen to you?). I don't think I'll use it sadly (I might check out the fansites but I might need to be wary) Sad
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Yeah, the old forum was the one Annemiek ran. I've had the ad thing happen to me at one point, mostly on mobile.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Annemiek? Who's that?
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:53 pm

One of the older Hey Arnold fans from the Netherlands.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Thanks!!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:24 pm

I was too little to join the chatrooms back in the day, I would love for it to make a comeback so I could participate this time around.
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 pm

It's pretty sad to see that the chats are now lost and gone. I'd be shocked if there were actually people who liked *gulp* Arnold Betrays Iggy...
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 am

Jfgoofy wrote:It's pretty sad to see that the chats are now lost and gone. I'd be shocked if there were actually people who liked *gulp* Arnold Betrays Iggy...

Only the crazy fans that we do not speak of like that episode. "They who must not be named". You know what I'm saying? ;-)
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:43 am

Is that a reference to something (and yes I know how bad it is and I've seen nobody that liked that episode)? Anyways I really wonder what the chats were like.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:48 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Is that a reference to something (and yes I know how bad it is and I've seen nobody that liked that episode)? Anyways I really wonder what the chats were like.

Haha, it was a really lame Harry Potter joke. But yah, I think back in the day I read the chat transcripts...they always looked like so much fun. :-) but I was like 13 and my parents were SUPER strict about internet use, not that i blame them. I'm surprised they even let me use the message boards back then. I think Craig came on sometimes too to chat with fans. But that was ages ago so I could remember wrong.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:50 am

It's sad to see that they are lost now. I didn't know that was Harry Potter, I've never seen the movies or read the books in a long time.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:52 am

Jfgoofy wrote:It's sad to see that they are lost now. I didn't know that was Harry Potter, I've never seen the movies or read the books in a long time.

It really is sad.
They never say Voldemort's name and instead refer to him as "He who must not be named", so I was saying those Iggy episode lovers are bad like Voldemort. Dude, that reminds me...someone on the facebook page totally said they liked that episode...actually multiple people. And someone else said (and I think I read this back in the day) that Craig hated it too...and that he didn't use Iggy after that because he was so upset about the episode. Touche, Craig!
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:55 am

Oh yeah! I remember that thing with Voldemort now. If they didn't do that episode or if they revised it before airing the episode, it could have been better and Iggy wouldn't have been the jerk that he was?
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:57 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Oh yeah! I remember that thing with Voldemort now. If they didn't do that episode or if they revised it before airing the episode, it could have been better and Iggy wouldn't have been the jerk that he was?

I think so. I can't remember the whole story. But it was like Craig didn't get full control or something and the studios wouldn't let him take it back or change it or something...I don't remember. But yah...that episode...ouch. There's a couple episodes like that though I think. Episodes that just didn't land right. I think that happens with any show though.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 am

It's a shame that Steve did most of the infamous, awful, worst episodes.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:06 am

Jfgoofy wrote:It's a shame that Steve did most of the infamous, awful, worst episodes.

So true. But didn't he write some of the best ones too? Like I think he wrote "Married" and "School Play" which are like a super fan favorite.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:09 am

Yeah!! So that's good! It's still quite a shame he would write the infamous ones though, but at least he did some of the best!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Yeah!! So that's good! It's still quite a shame he would write the infamous ones though, but at least he did some of the best!

Haha, it's so true...and just super bizarre! I'm still wondering why Craig didn't put a stop to a couple of those *before* they made it to production. unless he didn't get as much say as like the studio heads or something. I have no idea how all that stuff works.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 pm

I am not opposed to attempting some sort of Hey Arnold chat some night on the old chatroom, if it works for people and we could find a good time for it. I'm sort of amazed that chat still exists. I have arranged one or two small chats like that a couple years ago, though it ended up with a lot of old fans being kind of miserable. Heh.....
LeSkuh
Admin

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 am

Yeah, it's still being maintained by CoolSteve who drops in from time to time, he's kept it going even though the old fans have moved on. I was told that I was the first new visitor there in years.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Zeether wrote:Yeah, it's still being maintained by CoolSteve who drops in from time to time, he's kept it going even though the old fans have moved on. I was told that I was the first new visitor there in years.

Wow!!! I thought it would have been dead by now. I was surprised when you mentioned that.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top