Favorite quotes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite quotes?

Post by Zeether on Mon May 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Title says it all, got any favorite quotes from the show or movie?

Mine might be in Downtown as Fruits when Harold says "Come on Helga, we know our lines!" and she follows up with "Know your lines? Of course you know your lines...but I don't want to just hear your lines, I WANNA HEAR WHAT'S IN YOUR SOULS!" The way she goes from that faux-cute voice back to being angry is just great.

Runner up is probably "All magicians know that it takes, uh, 48 attempts to bring someone back."
avatar
Zeether

Posts : 204
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed May 04, 2016 10:05 pm

This is awful, but the line that always stuck with me is Helga's "You make my girlhood tremble". It just cracks me up.

avatar
Perhapsormaybe

Posts : 259
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Jfgoofy on Thu May 05, 2016 11:00 pm

The entire speech by the Pigeon Man will always remain my favorite quote and one of my favorite moments from the show despite the fact that it is extremely depressing.
avatar
Jfgoofy

Posts : 539
Join date : 2016-04-01
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Arnold's Love on Fri May 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Gosh I have sooooo many favorites! Haha!
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by LeSkuh on Mon May 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Nothing gets me like Helga's speech to Harold towards the end of 'Buses, Bikes and Subways'. It is a GREAT monologue and Franny KILLED it.
avatar
LeSkuh
Admin

Posts : 284
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 28

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon May 09, 2016 5:32 pm

LeSkuh wrote:Nothing gets me like Helga's speech to Harold towards the end of 'Buses, Bikes and Subways'.  It is a GREAT monologue and Franny KILLED it.

That is a fabulous Helga monologue! Gosh I love it!
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon May 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Ok I think I know which quote is my favorite. And I love it so much I laugh out loud when I think of it and I just love the way Frannie said it.

"What are you doing, football head? Are you stalking me or something?"
Gosh I love that one.
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Zeether on Mon May 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Oh yeah, I love how Helga says "RUUUUUTH!" in all the episodes involving her. The inflection is just too good.

And her mispronounced French in Arnold's Valentine. There's a bit when she's ordering off the menu at Chez Paris after Arnold slightly annoys the waiter with his order and makes a halfhearted attempt to say "Cervelles Braisees avec les Ouefs Brouilles" and the waiter's like "ah, impressive" Laughing
avatar
Zeether

Posts : 204
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by AibouFTW on Mon May 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Aaaaahhhhhfjdsl;ajfkdlsa;fj There are way too many good ones!  I guess I'll just post them when I think about them!

For now (other than the one Arnold's Love mentioned), I really like 
 
~ The end of Helga's dream in Married: "Oh Arnold....Oh pastrami..."  Actually, I feel like everything everyone said in her dream was just too funny!

~ I won't explicitly quote them, but I adore each and every one of Helga's blind jokes in April Fool's Day.  I think it might be because one of my best friends is blind - and she thought the jokes were hilarious too!

~ In the episode Stuck in a Tree, when Arnold's says this to Harold: "Okay, Harold.  We'll both give you a nickel."  Just...the patronizing tone Spencer uses, the way Arnold's eyes widen just that little bit at the word "nickel."  It just makes me laugh every time.

~ That awesome moment after Helga wordlessly sneaks out of Arnold's room past his friends.  Just a long beat of silence.  And then finally, Arnold: "....So about those go karts."


....And I'll just say that basically everything that spills from Helga's or Grandpa's mouth makes me giggle.  Okay, I'll just leave it at this!  I've already spouted too many of them!  lol
avatar
AibouFTW

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Arnold's Love on Mon May 09, 2016 6:38 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Aaaaahhhhhfjdsl;ajfkdlsa;fj There are way too many good ones!  I guess I'll just post them when I think about them!

For now (other than the one Arnold's Love mentioned), I really like 
 
~ The end of Helga's dream in Married: "Oh Arnold....Oh pastrami..."  Actually, I feel like everything everyone said in her dream was just too funny!

~ I won't explicitly quote them, but I adore each and every one of Helga's blind jokes in April Fool's Day.  I think it might be because one of my best friends is blind - and she thought the jokes were hilarious too!

~ In the episode Stuck in a Tree, when Arnold's says this to Harold: "Okay, Harold.  We'll both give you a nickel."  Just...the patronizing tone Spencer uses, the way Arnold's eyes widen just that little bit at the word "nickel."  It just makes me laugh every time.

~ That awesome moment after Helga wordlessly sneaks out of Arnold's room past his friends.  Just a long beat of silence.  And then finally, Arnold: "....So about those go karts."


....And I'll just say that basically everything that spills from Helga's or Grandpa's mouth makes me giggle.  Okay, I'll just leave it at this!  I've already spouted too many of them!  lol


haha, I love how we were just talking about half of these the other day! Perfect! That nickel one and that go kart scene! Hahahahaha!
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Zeether on Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Ooh, I remembered another great Helga line in School Play, for some reason the way she goes "Yeah, that's right, a QUARTER" when Phoebe asks her why she's sitting by the trash can is perfect.
avatar
Zeether

Posts : 204
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by LuiThe2nd on Mon May 09, 2016 11:14 pm

Aww a quote that got to me was Arnold's "Like-you Like-you" speech towards Helga after Lila dumps him Sad. It reminds me of the old days when I entered 6th. It was at my appartments when I asked a friend to help me get with my crush but In the end she didn't want to go out with me.

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 17
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed May 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Gosh too many. I do like this exchange between Helga and Tish in the dressing room in "Best Man"
H- "I look like a moron."
T- "We just need to make a few little altercations and you'll look like an angel"
H- "Altercations, huh?"
The sarcasm and inflection in Helga's voice are great.
Actually coach and Tish fumble their words a lot like when he calls it "circumcised swimming"
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by theArnoldWaltz on Sat May 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Arnold: You set a beautiful table, my fair señorita.
Miss Felter: Muchas gracias.
Arnold: Aw, enchilda
avatar
theArnoldWaltz

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-05-28
Age : 26
Location : Louisville, KY

View user profile http://thearnoldwaltz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by AlainRacette on Sun May 29, 2016 10:31 pm

From the episode where Arnold and Gerald (and friends) are eating dozens of boxes of Sugar Junk to get the barcodes and send them off for a mail-order telescope... Oskar has only ONE SINGLE LINE in the episode as he's munching away on the cereal and it kills me each time.

"Eat cereal and get a telescope! What a country!"

The delivery is priceless. RIP Steve Viksten.
avatar
AlainRacette

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-05-28
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by theintangiblefriends on Mon May 30, 2016 3:39 pm

theArnoldWaltz wrote:Arnold: You set a beautiful table, my fair señorita.
Miss Felter: Muchas gracias.
Arnold: Aw, enchilda

BAHAHAHAHA! I'd forgotten that one.
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by reinamy on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:45 pm

Arnold: I think I need to go lie down.
Helga: I'll go with you!


The Jolly Olly Man: Haven't you ever heard of supply and demand?
Helga: Well, I demand that you supply me with some ice cream, before I knock your teeth out!


Pigeon Man: Some people are meant to be with people, and others, like me, are just different.
#SaidEveryIntrovertEver


Last edited by reinamy on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
reinamy

Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 25
Location : USA

View user profile http://reinamycloud.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by AlainRacette on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:47 pm

reinamy wrote:Arnold: I think I need to go lie down.
Helga: I'll go with you!


The Jolly Olly Man: Haven't you ever heard of supply and demand?
Helga: Well, I demand that you supply me with some ice cream, before I knock your teeth out!



Pigeon Man: Some people are meant to be with people, and others, like me, are just different.

OMG, I just rewatched this episode a few days ago and burst out LAUGHING at this line. I used it conversation once since then (using "doughnuts" instead of ice cream) with a coworker... he didn't get where it came from but he found it funny lol

I love the "I'll go with you!" response, classic Helga.

And a random line from the snow episode when the bus driver's windshield is obscured by snowballs: "Oh, no! I can't see! We're all gonna die!!!" Very Happy
avatar
AlainRacette

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-05-28
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by theintangiblefriends on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:20 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
reinamy wrote:Arnold: I think I need to go lie down.
Helga: I'll go with you!



The Jolly Olly Man: Haven't you ever heard of supply and demand?
Helga: Well, I demand that you supply me with some ice cream, before I knock your teeth out!


Pigeon Man: Some people are meant to be with people, and others, like me, are just different.

OMG, I just rewatched this episode a few days ago and burst out LAUGHING at this line.  I used it conversation once since then (using "doughnuts" instead of ice cream) with a coworker... he didn't get where it came from but he found it funny lol

I love the "I'll go with you!" response, classic Helga.

And a random line from the snow episode when the bus driver's windshield is obscured by snowballs: "Oh, no!  I can't see!  We're all gonna die!!!" Very Happy

I also love the fact that Arnold's response to Helga's "I'll go with you" was "There's no time for that now!" emphasis mine
Like, WHAT exactly does THAT mean?? Wink
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by AlainRacette on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:13 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:
reinamy wrote:Arnold: I think I need to go lie down.
Helga: I'll go with you!



The Jolly Olly Man: Haven't you ever heard of supply and demand?
Helga: Well, I demand that you supply me with some ice cream, before I knock your teeth out!


Pigeon Man: Some people are meant to be with people, and others, like me, are just different.

OMG, I just rewatched this episode a few days ago and burst out LAUGHING at this line.  I used it conversation once since then (using "doughnuts" instead of ice cream) with a coworker... he didn't get where it came from but he found it funny lol

I love the "I'll go with you!" response, classic Helga.

And a random line from the snow episode when the bus driver's windshield is obscured by snowballs: "Oh, no!  I can't see!  We're all gonna die!!!" Very Happy

I also love the fact that Arnold's response to Helga's "I'll go with you" was "There's no time for that now!" emphasis mine
Like, WHAT exactly does THAT mean?? Wink

Oh God, I never even thought of that! XD Arnold didn't totally shut her down... all the ship alarms are now going off stronger than ever Razz
avatar
AlainRacette

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-05-28
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by AlainRacette on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Another one that made laugh just yesterday... it's from the episode Roughing It when Helga, Big Bob, Phoebe, Gerald and Arnold lose their way trying to get back to Grandpa's camp.

BOB: ... we're lost!
HELGA: Lost?! I thought you knew where we were!
BOB: I've been lost ever since I started seeing those signs in Spanish.
HELGA: What?! We're all gonna die!!!
avatar
AlainRacette

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-05-28
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by BC1096 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Oh boy, quite a lot of good quotes from this show, but here's some of my favorites:

In "The Journal", when Grandma says "I thought you were born in the backseat of a Greyhound bus rolling down Highway 41!" I'm an Allman Bros fan so I can't help but chuckle at that Very Happy (and aside from that, it's so awesome to hear a reference to a band I like)

and speaking of southern rock song references, I forget which one it was, but I remember one where Helga said "I'm as free as a bird now!" haha, Skynyrd reference, nice Very Happy (Which episode was this, I forget..?)

In "Harold the Butcher", when the rabbi says "You stole a ham! Ham is NOT kosher! Not kosher at all!" Haha, I'm Jewish, that always cracked me up

Dino Spumoni- "Life was a gas, and the gas has passed" Laughing Laughing

Those are my top 4 funny ones, now here's a more serious one:

From the Christmas one, when Gerald said "Don't TRY to make sense of it, Arnold. A miracle is a miracle" That is really deep

avatar
BC1096

Posts : 77
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 32
Location : PA, outside Philly

View user profile http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite quotes?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum