What are some cartoons that you dislike OR have problems with that everybody else likes (Overrated cartoons)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are some cartoons that you dislike OR have problems with that everybody else likes (Overrated cartoons)?

Post by Jfgoofy on Mon May 16, 2016 7:30 pm

I know this is one of those cliche overrated shows thread you see on forums, but I kind of decided to bring it here and yes we have our own opinions (which most threads with this topic tend to ignore which results in arguments), but here it is (you can make it separate for shows that you dislike, and you could have another that's talking about your problems with the show, or you could probably merge the two together into one, I don't know on what to describe next). Yes the problems with part can include shows that you like (for example Steven Universe).
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are some cartoons that you dislike OR have problems with that everybody else likes (Overrated cartoons)?

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon May 16, 2016 7:59 pm

I don't like Spongebob. I have never liked Spongebob. I don't get the humor or the appeal, really. I don't have a problem with people liking it, I just don't like having it quoted at me all the time.
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are some cartoons that you dislike OR have problems with that everybody else likes (Overrated cartoons)?

Post by Jfgoofy on Mon May 16, 2016 8:17 pm

(I know I might get hate on this but like I said it's my opinion)
A show that I think is very overrated and needs a second look is Ed, Edd n' Eddy, like to me almost everybody (excluding Ed except for a few certain episodes and Edd) is unlikeable and it's usually the same stuff in every episode. I was a fan and upon rewatching it, it's a pretty mediocre show.

EDIT: I removed Steven Universe from here because I don't know what i was saying. I feel like a gigantic asshole for saying it's overrated and making invalid points (even though I have a few problems with it such as the character of Peridot). Sorry everyone Sad

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat May 21, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Spongebob I definitely can't get behind aside from a few jokes, but I'm also just not too into Fairly Oddparents based off some of the material I've seen (mostly comics) because the humor seems a little too...bland I guess? Like it just seems to be very typical and not particularly good. I haven't really watched much of the show but I'm not really interested in going out of my way to watch it.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Mon May 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Zeether wrote:Spongebob I definitely can't get behind aside from a few jokes, but I'm also just not too into Fairly Oddparents based off some of the material I've seen (mostly comics) because the humor seems a little too...bland I guess? Like it just seems to be very typical and not particularly good. I haven't really watched much of the show but I'm not really interested in going out of my way to watch it.

I used to like Fairly Oddparents, but it severely out stayed its welcome and I can definitely see why people wouldn't care for it.

And Jfgoofy I am feeling you on Steven Universe. I love that show, but I don't care much for Peridot and don't understand why the fandom is so in love with her.
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Zeether wrote:Spongebob I definitely can't get behind aside from a few jokes, but I'm also just not too into Fairly Oddparents based off some of the material I've seen (mostly comics) because the humor seems a little too...bland I guess? Like it just seems to be very typical and not particularly good. I haven't really watched much of the show but I'm not really interested in going out of my way to watch it.

I totally agree with you, like the older Spongebob is okay (although one of the jokes gave me insectophobia which was the one of showing a close up of a notch horned cleg fly in place of a monarch butterfly and it still disturbs me) but modern just shows how a show can become worse than Plan 9 without it's original creator.

Fairly OddParents also fell victim to this however it has been bad since the beginning and it was quickly becoming even more terrible (Faster than SB).

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat May 21, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Mon May 16, 2016 10:47 pm

STEVEN UNIVERSE

I actually super disagree with SU being cliche. It's definitely doing a lot of things that "have been done before" (like all other media does) but I think it's approach is often very unique or sort of a subversion of the norm. It's also too critically important in it's representation of both PoC characters and gender representations for me to call it overrated.

I don't think it's boring. I do agree that most of the time the fight scenes are actually nothing amazing although SOMETIMES they are FANTASTIC. I really enjoy Peridot, though I hope they dial her back soon since her big arc is basically ended. I think the one thing the show has a hard time with especially since the end of S1 is balancing it's tone. Also SU's similarities to DBZ (and Sailor Moon!) are more homage then rip off. The crew actively acknowledges many of the shows roots and often makes in universe nods to the originals.

SPONGEBOB

I like the older, super recognizable memes and lines from "Classic" Spongebob. That said, Spongebob killed Nick's animation for so long and was so instrumental to allowing so many awful potty humor cartoons get produced in the mid-2000s that I can't help but hold a certain amount of contempt for it.

EEnE

Stylistically gorgeous IMO. I personally think it ran a little too long (they should have NEVER had episodes in the school). Some of it's really early stuff was just a little too oddball for me, but I liked the limited cast and the sort of feel of infinite summer that it created.

FOP

Garbage. I also really hate Butch Hartman so... bias, I guess?
LeSkuh
Admin

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top