The music of HA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The music of HA!

Post by Zeether on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:14 pm

I listened to a few of the different music tracks that Jim Lang put out there a while back and I never really realized how great it is! The Groove Remote versions are cool, all the Helga tracks are so perfect (the musical scale going up and down like her emotions fluctuating...I never got this until I listened to the Helga on the Couch credits) and even the rare track that goes into a different genre like the Mario Kart/Ridge Racer/(insert any arcade racing game here) style music in "Big Race" is fantastic.

It's just a shame that we never got an official soundtrack of any kind for the series (well, outside of the Nicktoons albums which had a few tracks even though they were just vocal tracks like Look Up and the Haunted Train Blues) or even the movie. You'd think with that Lil' Romeo song and that completely out of place Aaron Carter track in the trailer (a song about Shaq when there's only a couple of basketball references in the show at exactly the beginning and the end?) we'd have gotten one, especially since Jim hired a smegging orchestra for the thing...maybe that could change with TJM happening? I'd be fine with just a Bandcamp release or iTunes if anything.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The music of HA!

Post by LeSkuh on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm a big weenie for a lot of the softer tracks. Hearing them can sometimes bring me to tears. I have a pretty unofficial, but extensive collection of a lot of the music. I'm guessing that most of it is no longer easy to find online though.... Hm.
LeSkuh
Admin

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

I got a hold of the music through the one HA Facebook group and I think it was that collection someone got from Jim a long while back. There's also a Youtube account with all the music.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with you there, Zeether! It's a real shame that almost every Nick show that turned into a film got a soundtrack but Hey Arnold. I remember playing the fan-made game, "Helga's Cheese Festival," and a very orchestral version of "Groove Remote" came on. I couldn't figure out where it was from until I finally watched the movie again. I wonder where you can find it....

Oh wow, I never noticed the musical scale in the Helga tracks! I'll have to listen to them again!

I'm such a sucker for the dramatic pieces (like the movie rendition of "Groove Remote," and "Mom and Dad"). One song I wish were one of the uploaded ones is the rendition of "Helga's True Love" that has the violin (the one during the dinner scene).

Yeah, if someone, whether it be Lang or Nick in general, were to post anything on....anywhere really, they would have all my money!
AibouFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Oh hey! Since this is already the music topic, I'll just ask my question here: Does anyone know which episode has the original "Groove Remote"? I'm not talking about the Lockjaw or the Abner versions. I've watched up until the beginning of season 4 recently (great thing to watch while you're packing!), and I couldn't find it. If anyone could tell me, that would be great!
AibouFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Oh gosh! The music is soooo amazing!! They better bring back Jim Lang for the new movie!

I listen to the music all the time! I actually went and made audio tracks of some of my favorites that have never been available online ...like seriously, I'm a nerd like that.

I can hardly listen to the Parents Day ones...they make me bawl every time. And I think my favorites are "Helga's True Love", "Groove Remote", and especially "Dangerous Lumber". I'm usually always writing fanfics in Arnold's POV and for some reason I always hear that song in my head haha!
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:07 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Oh hey!  Since this is already the music topic, I'll just ask my question here:  Does anyone know which episode has the original "Groove Remote"?  I'm not talking about the Lockjaw or the Abner versions.  I've watched up until the beginning of season 4 recently (great thing to watch while you're packing!), and I couldn't find it.  If anyone could tell me, that would be great!
I want to say it probably pops up in the first season somewhere but I'd probably have to watch a bunch of episodes to find it. I swear I've heard it in one episode but it might have been the Lockjaw version.
Zeether

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:41 am

I really love the music!! It needs to have an official release in the future.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Do we know if Jim Lang is returning for the new movie yet?
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:17 pm

He'll most likely be.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkepticalMetalhead87 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I really love the music!! It needs to have an official release in the future.

I totally agree. If an official soundtrack was released on CD or an MP3 album on Amazon or Bandcamp, I'll buy it in a New York minute.
SkepticalMetalhead87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:01 am

SkepticalMetalhead87 wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:I really love the music!! It needs to have an official release in the future.

I totally agree.  If an official soundtrack was released on CD or an MP3 album on Amazon or Bandcamp, I'll buy it in a New York minute.

Heck yeah, I'd buy it too! Very Happy And I'd love extended versions of the songs because the ones on youtube are too short! :'( I love the jazzy tracks as well as the more instrumental ones like Helga's tracks. One of my personal favorites is Sid and Stink because it's so melancholic. It reminds me of my childhood memories. Jim Lang's music is magic.
Rainbowraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:58 am

Omg thanks for linking "Sid and Stink"; I had been looking for that song for a really long time (after playing "Helga's Cheese Festival"), but I didn't know what the title was (and it wasn't in the mega playlist on YouTube). Thank you!!

And, yeah. I'd probably buy multiple copies just to give them to others - man, I would give them a lot of my money if they ever came out with a legal version of the OST.
AibouFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am

I really love "Sid and Stink", like you said Ray, it's very melancholic and kind of relaxing. It kind of sounds (specifically the synths) like something from one of those documentaries back from the 80s or 90s, I love it!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Omg thanks for linking "Sid and Stink"; I had been looking for that song for a really long time (after playing "Helga's Cheese Festival"), but I didn't know what the title was (and it wasn't in the mega playlist on YouTube).  Thank you!!

And, yeah.  I'd probably buy multiple copies just to give them to others - man, I would give them a lot of my money if they ever came out with a legal version of the OST.

No problem! Smile If you haven't already, check out ArnoldPhilShortman. He has a playlist with some of Jim Lang's music. Smile
Rainbowraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:05 pm

I hope Viacom doesn't take them down.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I hope Viacom doesn't take them down.

Ahhh! Don't jinx it! Razz But I really hope not. I just want a legit way of buying the music because I like supporting musicians.
Rainbowraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 am

Same with you!
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette on Sun May 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Jim Lang is one of the biggest reasons (in my opinion) the show has remained strong. Because of its imperfect urban setting, something about the jazz/blues just feels so... right.
AlainRacette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:09 pm

So after TJM is released and Bartlett and the team have time to come down and rest from the high and the grind, who would be interested on starting a new petition of getting Viacom/Lang/The-Powers-at-Be to release HA! music as an album both hard and digital?
theintangiblefriends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 pm

I love the music of HA, especially the end credits jazz song, nice tune that brings back a lot of great 90s memories Very Happy
BC1096

View user profile http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 pm

I know this hasn't been brought up but you know I was surprised that The Journal didn't have Jim Lang compose (SOME OF) the music for that episode, there were 2 instances where the famed and overused production music of Dick De Benedictis was used (those two tracks were "Nervous Tension 3" and "The Shock (d)"). I know I might be going off topic with this, but this is the album that has most of the production music that he has done (there are some unreleased ones though, that I've a couple of the unreleased ones before), by the album as released in 2006 but the tracks have been around for like 25 years or something. But here is the album https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/SCD-0709 (I'm actually quite surprised that Hey Arnold! did use production music from the APM library in at least 1 episode). Just wanted to share it with you all I guess (anyways I might also be sorry because this was mostly talking about the original music but, eh oh well).
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Yea, Jim Lang is a great composer, I love the piano music at the end of "Parents Day", I think that and the flute music from the "Lucky Hat" episode of Doug are the 2 most beautiful pieces of music from 90s Nickelodeon

But yea, that "Parents Day" music really gets to me, really makes me miss my grandparents, they used to take care of me a lot when I was a kid and I had the same kind of relationship with them that Arnold has with his, so it just always makes me a bit teary-eyed thinking back to all the great childhood memories I had with them

I also love the "Haunted Train" song, the song played at the end of the episode when the actual "haunted train" comes by, that song sounds like something Frank Zappa would do, also has a bit of a ZZ Top-ish feel to it..
BC1096

View user profile http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top