Haunted House Roleplay!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haunted House Roleplay!

Post by LeSkuh on Tue May 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Though no one can quite remember how the dare got started, the gang is now going to shut themselves into, what legends consider, the most haunted abandoned house in Hillwood City.  The goal?  To last the night amidst whatever horrors may lurk within the houses’ crumbled halls.  Friends and foes must work together if they wish to survive the night in one piece.  Is the house really haunted or are there more mundane forces at work?  Let's play!

Wolfgang sighed, already irritated.  How did he get roped into this stupid thing again?  He's pretty sure Ludwig was involved, even though his good friend had somehow managed to not get coerced into actually being PART of the dare.  But Wolfgang?  Wolfgang was STUCK.  He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at the 4th graders.

"So are you weenies going inside or what?"  He said as he gestured to the large stone doors looming over the group.  There was no way in heck he was going in there first!

((OOC: All right, here we goooooooo!  Feel free to jump in with your chosen character!!!))

Last edited by LeSkuh on Tue May 24, 2016 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSkuh
Admin

View user profile http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Haunted House Roleplay!

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue May 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Sid was already quite nervous about this and so were his companions. He remembered that one time when his two best friends snuck into his house in the night and that they scared him to death even though they were close friends along with that one time when he saw that bloody scene from that one slasher movie his friends watched and even the old vampire movie which caused him to believe his best friend was a vampire.

He thought to himself, should he go in or should he stay? He went up to Wolfgang while having multiple thoughts about what is to happen. He was breathing nervously, but also because of the cold temperature outside.

"I think I'll go inside first" Sid said nervously following with a short nervous laugh.

OOC" I'm kind of a noob at RP's, so this is like my first time (I've said it multiple times but this still kind of bothers me).
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Harold crossed his arms in an attempt to look tough. "Fine," he said in response to Sid's offer to go first "we'll be right behind ya," The plan, he figured, was to stick close to Wolfgang or Helga - the two people most likely to be able to take on any threat that came at them. But of course, he couldn't be obvious about it.

In a forced show of bravado, he punched his right fist into his open left palm. "And if there are any ghosts or...or zombies or something, I'm gonna pound 'em!"
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Sid suddenly screamed to the others "NO, I'M NOT READY TO GO INSIDE!" The group became confused and Sid responded, "I uh.. forgot to throw my lollipop wrappers away."

Of course this was an excuse to run away due to how frightened he was of going inside that old and haunted victorian house, hell he didn't even had lollipops or any candy earlier. He had multiple things going through his head about what might happen to him or the rest of the group. He was thinking of zombies hiding within the house, ghouls that can hunt you down, vampires sleeping in coffins beneath the ground or demons and evil ghosts that can possess you. What's worse was that his best friend Stinky wasn't accompanying him or the group instead Gino is within the group and this makes Sid upset and angry that this loan shark he used to be with is within the group, although thankfully Harold is accompanying him, so it isn't that bad for him, although he is quite worried about what Gino will do while they all venture in the house.

Suddenly the rain began to pour as the others were too busy waiting on what to do, however Sid noticed that the group were quite suspicious and starting to get angry (especially Wolfgang) of what Sid was going to really do. Sid began to run away screaming in fear as the rain poured down upon him..
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 pm

"Sid, come back," Arnold called after his friend.  He knew Sid had a tendency to be a bit over-superstitious, and hyper-paranoid, but he wouldn't let Sid make a fool of himself.  He'd help him see that it was all in his mind and that he could be brave and prove to Wolfgang they weren't chicken.  And maybe make the bully back off once and for all.

Softly he grabbed Sid's arm to stop him.  "Wait, Sid.  It's going to be okay. We're right here with you.  You can do this," Arnold said comfortingly.  "Besides," he added, "it's dark and it's raining, and it's dry in there."  He gestured towards the towering, skeletal remains of the infamous Haunted Hillwood House.  The decrepit shudders pounding against the siding as the wind picked up around them.
Arnold's Love

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Wed May 25, 2016 2:28 pm

As thunder cracked over their heads, Wolfgang felt his irritation rise. Arnold was attempting to reason with the little whiney one with the hat who was stuck screaming his head off. They were all just wasting his time with this dare. It was obvious to anyone watching that none of these fourth graders had the guts to stick it out through the night.

Really, this was going to be too easy.

He shrugged off his own superstitions for the moment, and grasped the door handle in his fist.

"If you losers can't even keep it together outside this place, what makes you think any of you are going to be able to survive the night here?" He taunted, before pushing heavily against the doorframe, which eerily creaked open to accept them.
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider on Wed May 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Big Gino was silently watching the group from a few feet away, chewing away at the ends of a sucker pop as he sized everyone up. He wasn't surprised that Sid was chickening out and that Arnold was acting like a little saint. That kid had a reputation for being a goody-two shoes and today was no different.

The only person he wasn't too familiar with was Wolfgang. He'd keep a close eye on him, in case he tried pulling any funny business.

Straightening his tiny suit, the pint sized gangster made his way through the kids and took a peek inside. It was dark but he could make out some furniture and what looked like a grand piano in the foyer. Normally Gino would've sent in his goons to check the place out but since he was alone, he looked around for suitable replacements.

Pointing a finger at Harold, he gestured to the house. "Hey fat kid, why don't you take a good look around this place? I'll give you three dozen Mr. Fudges if you do."
Rainbowraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed May 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Sid was unsure of what to do next especially since, but shortly after he finally decided to go in. Sid still had the same exact thoughts of what might be inside.

"Alright guys, I'm going to do this, wish me luck" he said to the group. Sid noticed that the group was no longer suspicious, which made him feel a bit nervous but he was more than likely to please them.

However Sid was also thinking that Harold would be a great partner, after all they are friends, right after he said that he was going in, he said "However, I think Harold should go in with me, because well uh we're friends after all!"
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Wed May 25, 2016 7:28 pm

"Better actually have some Mr fudges," Harold muttered under his breath. He started to lead the way, but lost his nerve as another bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. He was starting to weigh his options - fudge bars or certain death - and was a tiny bit concerned that he was legitimately considering the fudge bars.

"Ok, Sid, you can go first..." Harold said it as though he were offering something to Sid, giving him some kind of honor. Looking to save face in case the others were on to him, he added "You know, cause you're puny and if something comes after us I can flatten em. If you lead the way you can startle the spooky things out."

Harold wished he hadn't said that. Not only could he see the fear in Sid's eyes right now, he was starting to freak himself out. He really wished Wolfgang and Gino weren't here. Helga would tease, but she always did. Everyone else might give him a hard time but they'd move on quickly to other things.

But those two...well, some instinct told Harold that those two were sharks and Sid ...and more than likely, Harold as well, were chum. Harold squared up and pushed Sid in, preparing to follow closely behind.

"Hey...anyone got a flashlight?' he looked expectantly at Arnold.
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Arnold smiled at Harold as he unzipped his backpack. "Yep. Grandma had a bunch in the basement...I'm not really sure why, but I didn't think she'd miss them. Here you go," he said, tossing one to Harold.

Turning on his own flashlight he followed Sid and Harold inside the house and looked around. Shining his flashlight around the room he took in his surroundings. The old Victorian mansion was hauntingly fascinating and still quite stunning in it's own right. Thought covered in dust and some of the largest cobwebs he'd ever seen, everything was in surprisingly decent shape for how old it was. The old, peeling wallpaper with it's blue floral design and the old cedar wood floors spread across the spacious room. Intricately carved walls and columns of mahogany led up to a high, almost vaulted ceiling. The ornately carved staircase wound up gracefully to the second story.

"Wow, it's beautiful," he breathed quietly behind the others as he took it all in.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Sid was amazed by the spectacular design as well, however something stood out to him from the rest, and it wasn't the cobwebs. He walked away from the other two and saw a gigantic gold-frame portrait that depicted a seated person who looked like someone he knew, however he couldn't quite tell due to the darkness, all he can tell is that the person appeared to be from the 1800s with at least 10 greyhounds accompanying them.

"Who in the name of lord is this?" whispered Sid quietly to himself. He had multiple thoughts

"Is this an ancestor of somebody I know of?" he said after noticing the person appeared to be an ancestor of someone he knows of, however he is unsure of who is the descendent of this unknown ancestor.

He decided that it would be a great idea to talk with Arnold about the painting and ask him who it is, however the sound of thunder and the flash of lightning caused Sid to scream in fright. He decided to get back with the others, so he can't get left behind and to ask them about the painting.

He ran towards Arnold and Harold who are too busy looking at the design of the house. "Hey um guys, can we investigate that, painting on the wall over there?" he said nervously after being frightened.

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Fri May 27, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider on Fri May 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Gino grimaced once he saw all the dust on the ground. His Italian leather shoes were going to get filthy. It almost made him reconsider stepping inside but there was no way he was going to back off now with this many witnesses. He had a reputation to protect.

He walked toward the painting and gave it a once over. "Huh. Looks like a genuine oil painting. My family's got a few laying 'round the house. No idea who the fella is. Maybe he's the ancestor of the owner here. One thing for sure though, the guy who owns this is loaded."

Of course, what the others didn't know was that Gino was taking silent inventory of everything in the mansion. If anything was of value, he'd be sure to come back later with his crew for a five finger discount.
Rainbowraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 pm

When Gino spoke, Sid was quite surprised that Gino was already in and looking at the painting, he thought that Gino was already in right when he went up to the painting or perhaps even after. He also thought that the others are going to come in.

Sid went up to Gino and despite his hatred toward Gino, he "politely" responded to Gino's response to the painting. "Well this looks like the ancestor to somebody, but isn't this an abandoned building? There's no way someone can still own this" he said, he was quite worried and nervous about angering Gino with his correction, after all they are enemies.

He was thinking about who the seated figure was, while he was next to Gino. The person in the golden framed painting appeared to either be an ancestor of someone at school, but he couldn't tell, all he can tell is that they had a very pretty and nice outfit along with them being rich, the facial features that Sid could see was only the chin and part of their head, nothing else.

He had multiple thoughts about this. Was it an ancestor of one the kids? Perhaps its one of the staff member's ancestors.
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 pm

"Actually, Sid, it's quite possible someone still owns this property, even though it's deserted," Arnold stated, coming to stand next to him. "Even if it's just the bank who owns it."

He gazed at the picture carefully. "You know...it kind of looks like--"

Suddenly a large crash startled them and they spun around to face the rest of the room.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Fri May 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Sid of course emitted a high pitched scream in fear after they heard the crash and leaped into Arnold's arms. "WHAT WAS THAT?" he yelled to the others. Sid was extremely scared at this point and really wanted to leave, but at the same he remembered that he had to stay with the group and be in the house the entire night, which scared him even more.

Right after the crash Sid thought he heard a dog whining in the distance. "Perhaps it's one of the greyhounds from the painting" he thought.

Sid was quite scared about what to expect within the house, it could be anything, the 5th graders just trying to be jerks as they usually are or perhaps actual spirits. Sid was also worried on what the others were going to expect as well. Sid thought "Are they going to have the same expectations or are they thinking of something.. worse?"

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat May 28, 2016 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 am

Wolfgang laughed cruelly, as the entire gang of fourth graders seemed to leap out of their skin.  The vase he had so indelicately shoved off the table was now scattered on the floor in tiny, sharp pieces.  He grinned wide, face lit up like the cheshire cat.

"Aww, what's wrong?  Afraid of a little noise?"  He taunted.

Finally sick of the chaos, Helga finally spoke up seemingly unfazed by everything going on around her.

"Really?  What are you, five?"  She snapped at Wolfgang as she crossed her arms over her chest.  She stepped all the way inside the mansion and firmly shut the door behind her to stop the rain from pouring in.  "Also, pretty sure this place was owned by a Lloyd or a Smythe-Higgins.  One of those irritating upper crust types."  She neglected to note that the Patakis themselves weren't exactly hurting for money.

"All the more reason to knock stuff around, in my opinion."  Wolfgang grumbled, irritated by Helga's insult.

((OOC: I'm gonna play Helga until I can get ahold of Polkahotness or they step back in themselves.  It's always a bit odd to have an RP without the Hell Girl running around!))
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sat May 28, 2016 12:54 pm

"Sid, what are you doing?" Arnold asked, letting go of Sid.

Turning to Wolfgang and Helga where they stood glaring at each other, he said, "You guys...considering we are technically trespassing and shouldn't be in here anyway, how about we *don't* break anymore stuff."

He was starting to feel a little guilty poking around in someone else's house, deserted or not--even if it was for a good cause.

((OOC: I'm so glad you picked up Helga...it was feeling really weird with her not around!))
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat May 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Sid was going to tell Arnold about what he had heard, but he felt like he shouldn't but did so anyway, probably because he was frightened of the supposed ghost hound lurking in the house.

"Um, Arnold, I think I heard a dog in the hallway" said Sid nervously, he thought it was a good idea they should start going around the house with their assigned partners after all that's what they were suppose to do.

"So uh guys, should we uh.. start doing what Wolfgang wants us to do" Sid said while still being paranoid. The others agreed to do it, lightning flashed multiple times along with the sound of thunder.

As that happened and they looked at the painting and Sid was quite shocked because it looked like someone he knew, he asked Harold if the guy looked familiar.

((OOC: I feel like I'm making this feel more like a fanfic or something, and I don't know if the part where they find out who the ancestor and the descendent are judging by the painting, is a good or bad thing. It just shows how much new I am to RPs, I'm sorry everyone. I had to edit this by the way))

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat May 28, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Sat May 28, 2016 4:13 pm

"It doesn't look like anybody to me," Harold grumbled. There was a vague twinge of familiarity in the image, but Harold was ignoring it. He was overcome by exactly two things at the moment: fear and hunger. And both were making him irritable. He shuffled from one foot to another before sneaking a little closer to Helga and Arnold. Arnold couldn't save him from Wolfgang and possibly not from Gino, but Helga could hold her own against those two and Arnold could protect him from Helga. In his mind, it was the safest place in the entire building to be near them right now.

"How long do we have to be here?" he whined. "I'm not scared or nothin', I just don't want my mom getting all worried about me. And what if those dogs Sid heard are mean or attack dogs or something?"
Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness on Sat May 28, 2016 8:41 pm

I keep my arms crossed over my chest while glancing at the bozos surrounding me trying to figure out the "whose who" of owning this ancient house. "What does it even MATTER who owns it? I don't see anybody around here but us."

My eyes shift over to Harold who's stomach was now growling in fear that it wouldn't be fed within the next six minutes and I frowned. "Harold. If you don't keep that stomach of yours quiet, we're gonna have a problem. And you-" I directed to Sid who was shaking like those annoying chihuahua rats that wander on the ends of rich people's leashes as I walk passed them on the way to school each morning. "-You have GOT to get a HOLD of yourself. I mean, CRIMINY, Sid, it's thunder for cripes sake!!

I hold my eyes on him and await for a response worth all the idiocy that has already plagued our dare.
At least... There WAS one saving grace.

My heart pitters in my chest as Arnold's eyes fall on me and I nearly- NEARLY- broke my glare from Sid. Instead- "Yo Arnoldo-" I call out with a pointed finger in his direction and my eyes still locked on Sid "-instead of STARING at me, why don't you and that freaky head of yours come up with some sort of PLAN huh? Or was the great idea just to sit around and hate on each other till someone goes insane?"

((OOC: sorry I'm so late guys!! :/ but I'm here now!! )))
Polkahotness

View user profile http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh on Sat May 28, 2016 8:45 pm

"I don't care what you all do."  Wolfgang said irritatedly.  "But unless you want to fork over your cash, we're in here for the whole night."

He looked around the room at their odd group and smirked.

"Somehow I doubt most of you will last that long though."

With that he tugged the bag off his shoulder and walked across the room to the fireplace and set to work inspecting the remains of a decade old fire.  He grunted as he pulled a box of matches from his pack and some newspaper.  With a flick of his wrist he lit the match and slowly began building the fire.

"It'll be completely dark soon."  He said as he nursed the flame.  "Looks like there's enough wood left behind to keep us through the night."  He turned to shoot a piercing glare at Sid and Harold.  "Those of us who aren't going to chicken out, that is."

((OOC: Two little notes!  One, JFGoofy, you're doing fine, but if you have something to reveal about the painting you have to do it and stop leading us without a conclusion.  We're not here to tell a fixed storyline, but to play the characters against one another in an odd situation.  Plot can be added, but you have to kind of let us know if there's a direction you're trying to lead things.

And Polkahotness, I'm going to have to ask you to switch to third person.  I'm not super picky about past vs present tense, but we're all using 3rd person and RP in this kind of setting doesn't work in 1st!
))
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness on Sat May 28, 2016 8:54 pm

"Look," Helga said with determination to Wolfgang as he continued nursing the small fire, "I may agree that those maroons'll probably ditch WAY before night hits, but I certainly won't be joining them."

She quickly set a hand on her hip while the other pointed thumb-first directly to herself mid-chest. "This is Helga G. Pataki, alright? And we Patakis don't chicken out on ANYthing; especially not some dust-covered poor excuse for a haunted house. It's one night." She shrugged her shoulders and made her way to a nearby wall which she leaned against smugly. "One night is a piece of cake."

((OOC: okay- sorry!))
Polkahotness

View user profile http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy on Sat May 28, 2016 9:23 pm

"WAIT GUYS!" Sid yelled to the others who were too busy talking. "I think I know who this person is related to!". Sid saw Harold walk slowly toward him in interest about what Sid was going.

Sid explained to Harold, "When the lightning flashed, I got a glimpse of who it is and I am proud to say that this guy is ironically an ancestor to..." Sid paused and then said who it was, "Stinky Peterson". Harold was quite shocked about what Sid and was quite confused.

Sid himself was also confused and quite shocked. He wasn't even sure if this was indeed an ancestor of Stinky or if they just coincidentally resemble each other as they both had a long noise, goblin-like ears, yellow teeth, a similar physical appearance and the shape head shape. He thought that he was wrong and that the person was not a Peterson, but perhaps it was someone who resembled him, however he isn't quite sure.

Sid thought that this wasn't really a good time to talk about the painting, heck he was quite nervous. Sid doesn't even know much about Stinky's family history and he wasn't sure about their past either, so perhaps this could be something of interest.

Sid was unsure about what the group was about to respond with, he decided that it could be good to ask the others about starting to explore.

"Guys I think we should start doing what Wolfgang wants us to do and start venturing throughout this old building" Sid said to the others who were already looking at him. Right after that Sid said "I really think we should have our own partners to last the night, Harold you are with me!".

((OOC: I had to finish/rush the painting plot, so we can get on with this, it just goes to show that I am pretty new to RPs, I think I'll improve and hopefully stop trying to make this look like a fanfic in the future.))

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Sat May 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Harold frowned - Sid wasn't his first choice for partners. They were friends, of course, but if a fight came up Harold would have to handle it alone. Figuring he could at least outrun the other boy, he nodded his agreement. "All right, fine, since you're so scared," Harold turned his attention to the others. "Anybody got something to eat? I'm hungry!' He'd meant to pack snacks and actually had a backpack full of them at home. He'd taken off without them by accident. "Oh and..anyone got an extra flashlight?" He pulled his cell phone out and demonstrated that the back screen wasn't very powerful. He'd broken three phones in the last year alone and his mother would only buy him the cheapest ones as a replacement.

He didn't notice it, but the upper screen of the phone was flashing with 'no signal'.

Perhapsormaybe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love on Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 pm

"What happened to the one I gave you before, Harold?" Arnold asked, confused as to how Harold had already lost it. "I only have enough for half of us." He wasn't about to trust the obviously absent-minded Harold with another one.
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top