The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other 90s Nickelodeon shows

5 posters

Go down

Other 90s Nickelodeon shows Empty Other 90s Nickelodeon shows

Post by BC1096 Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Well we all love HA of course, and while it is my favorite 90s Nick show of all time, there of course are plenty of other 90s Nick shows to reminisce about! What are some others on here's favorite 90s Nick shows besides HA? Here are some of mine:

DOUG: Probably my 2nd favorite 90s Nicktoon after HA.. Not nearly as deep or meaningful as HA of course, but still a great, enjoyable show! And, has anyone ever noticed that Mr Simmons wears the same green and white vest that Doug wore? haha..

THE ANGRY BEAVERS: Hillarious show, used to love to watch it on Sunday mornings.. and they used Yahoo soda, the same soda from HA

KABLAM: Interesting show, I liked how it mixed different kinds of animation.. And, Action League Now is how I first discovered KISS, haha, the episode where Big Baby tries to eat the KISS action figures.. Also really loved Henry & June, they had great chemistry, I wish they would have gotten their own spinoff show, like Kenan & Kel did from All That

SALUTE YOUR SHORTS: Ahh the good old times I had singing the theme song at camp with my friends- "Camp Anawana, we hold you in our heaaarttts.." Laughing

ROCKOS MODERN LIFE: Beyond hillarious show, with quite a lot stuff that definitley wasn't kid-friendly, haha..

THE SECRET WORLD OF ALEX MACK: More or less I just watched this show because I had a huge crush on Larisa Oleynik, but I still liked the show too

CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL: Speaking of crushes, I loved Melissa Joan Hart too, and this show was funny

(old) RUGRATS: I liked the original Rugrats episodes from 1991 to 1994, didn't care for the new ones too much, once Baby Dil came along, that was the end of it.. But I still love the old ones of course

Ahh the list goes on & on: All That, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, GUTS(and speaking of crushes again, WOW did I love Moe!!!), Nickelodeon was practically the only channelnel I watched in the 90s
BC1096
BC1096

http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Other 90s Nickelodeon shows Empty Re: Other 90s Nickelodeon shows

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Doug - I really liked Doug, even to the point of watching it when Disney got it. It was still good, maybe just not quite as good as the Nick version (my husband sometimes randomly sings the "I Need More Allowance" song. Apparently his mom used to tease him and his sister with it when they ran out of allowance towards something they wanted)

Salute Your Shorts -Dude, all I remember from that show is the theme song. Literally, that's the only part. But I do sing it randomly to myself from time to time.

Rocko's Modern Life - This one I watched religiously after school for a period when it was in reruns (It was coming on at either 3:30 or 4). Then my mom sat down and watched an episode with me and suddenly I was banned from it (I can't remember which episode it was...)

Rugrats - It was ok.

Are You Afraid of the Dark - I am a huge horror nerd fan now, but when I was little I was afraid of everything. One of my sisters used to tell me about the episodes to freak me out. I saw an image from the "Dead Man's Float" episode and I freaked right the heck out. I went back and watched it recently ...the acting doesn't hold up, but it's still pretty neat.

I remember watching All That a lot but the only part I really remember was the French lessons from the guy in the bath tub.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:53 am

Meh, I didn't really get into the new Disney version of Doug, it just wasn't the same as the Nick one, I didn't like the new theme song or the new voices or just anything about it.. Even Billy West, Doug's original voice actor, watched an episode of it and hated it.. but the old Nick Doug is great of course, haha, "I Need More Allowance", I love that song! I think my favorite Beets song has to be "Shout Your Lungs Out"

One of my favorite Doug episodes was the one where Doug got addicted to playing that video game all weekend and forgot to do his science report, haha, that hit home to me, that's the way I was with video games in the 90s.. Also loved the one where he found the rarest comic book that was the only issue he didn't have, and then found out it was a stolen copy of it... And the one where they had to sell the chocolate bars for their Bluffscout fundraiser that tasted like cement, because they actually HAD cement in them, eww, lol, but the ep was funny

Rocko was great too, I loved Heffer and Filburt, and Mr Bighead

Oh wow yes, I forgot about Are You Afraid of the Dark, that show was scary.. I guess The Splat will be showing that a lot this weekend, since they always show it right around Halloween

That All That skit you're talking about was called "Everyday French with Pierre Escargo", haha, that was hillarious
BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:47 pm

I remember seeing one episode of the Amanda Show and it just happened to be one Franny guest starred on.

As far as other favorite shows, Figure It Out and Legends of the Hidden Temple were great. I also watched GUTS a while back and I wish I had seen it as it aired because it holds up well, probably because you don't win anything besides that piece of the Aggro Crag and bragging rights so it doesn't date itself too much.

Wasn't really big on the other shows to be honest, because I mostly sampled them and my parents weren't huge into Ren & Stimpy or Rugrats...
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Hey is there a clip of Franny on The Amanda Show? I watched a lot of the Nicktoons and I think All That? (I was very young at the time alright) when they had reruns before they disappeared from the channel (I forgot when it was exactly when they got rid of them, but I know it was when Modern Nick started to form). I'm not really interested in most of the 90s Nickelodeon shows now (Klasky-Csupo is very unappealing to me and I personally find Rugrats really overrated), but obviously my favorites are Hey Arnold! (duh), Rocko's Modern Life, Life with Loopy (yeah I'm counting those skits from KaBlam) and Ren and Stimpy (before John K. got fired).

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 am

I thought there was a youtube clip of it at some point, looks like it's gone now.. The Amanda Show was ok, I had a crush on Amanda Bynes(heh, yep, I had quite a lot of 90s Nickelodeon crushes..), but I thought the show was just kinda so-so, most of the skits were lame and unfunny, like the "Amanda Please" thing, ugh, that got old fast.. But, I did like the one skit she did called "Moody's Point", which was a comic spinoff of late 90s teen soap operas
BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 am

I never cared for The Amanda Show. Just didn't really find it funny. Except the time she and all her co stars and even the camera crew were wearing the same dress. That, for some reason, amused me.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:59 am

I want to see that clip of Franny in The Amanda Show. Also the voice actor of Lorenzo, Victor Samuel Lopez played Ricky in the I Love Lucy parody skit they did in S4 (there's 2 on Youtube and I'll link them here if anybody hasn't seen them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flAh1fxPiqI and https://youtu.be/WXe9oVWb4CM?t=136, I tried linking it to when it exactly played but since it doesn't work, you have to go all the way to 2:10 in this video) and the kid with the clown costume from this sketch https://youtu.be/PAClwuykFuY?t=86 (strangely this one works when I copied and pasted it at the exact time, unlike the other one, and here Victor actually sounds a lot like Lorenzo right here) on All That and he still acts to this day. and I've seen some of his sketches on Funny or Die (yeah he and his dad are contributors of Funny or Die and I didn't find them funny to be honest) and I found out that he was also in an episode of The Middle and was on Key & Peele too. I know I linked the skits already (so this might sound stupid) but has anyone actually seen the skits featuring Victor on TV?
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 pm

There's a video on YouTube with a bunch of Franny's voice over/live action roles in clips and the Amanda Show clip is in there along with her appearance on Alex Mack. I'm not sure if it's still up.

Edit: Nope, looks like it's gone.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:00 am

I saw it before, but yeah it sucks that it is gone now.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:53 am

It's blocked by Viacom here now. I tried using a proxy to get around it but it seems like they blocked it everywhere.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:05 pm

I remember that video, they showed a clip of her on The Drew Carey Show when she was little
BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by reinamy Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Doug, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, and Franklin (sue me). Razz
reinamy
reinamy

http://reinamycloud.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Aww, Franklin was cute. The Wild Thornberries was something I watched when I was bored...like, it was good but I didn't seek it out (I think it came on at the same time as another show I preferred or something). But bonus points for Tim Curry.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 am

I remember seeing Franklin a few times, it was pretty good.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:07 pm

I remember Franklin, and Little Bear.. I was a little too old for Nick Jr by the time those 2 were on, but I occassionally watched them when I was home sick from school, that and "Gullah Gullah Island", that show was good... But, my favorite Nick Jr show was definitley the 80s show "Eureeka's Castle", haha, that show was great.. "PICNIC TIME!" Laughing Laughing
BC1096
BC1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down