The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-fi shows

4 posters

Go down

Sci-fi shows Empty Sci-fi shows

Post by Zeether Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Anyone big on these? I've watched a few episodes of Star Trek (original and TNG) but the big thing I'm into right now is Stargate. Been watching SG-1 on and off, already reached season 4. The show gets really good around the time the episode "The Fifth Race" happens but you do have to sit through a few stinkers to get there (most of season 1). I could talk forever about how great it is and how badly it needs some kind of new series set in the TV continuity...Universe was canceled too soon and Atlantis and SG-1 could have gone somewhere as well.

I have also heard The Expanse is good and Dark Matter, which has a writer from Stargate on board, is pretty great too. Also semi-interested in the Battlestar Galactica reboot series from 2005 or so, even though I heard the plot went a bit bad...I saw the old 70s show a bit and the model work was neat.

Oh, and I'm not exactly interested in Firefly, sorry. silent Doesn't really grab me to be honest, same with Westworld although that's me being a bit against all the grimdark shows nowadays.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi shows Empty Re: Sci-fi shows

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Honestly I tried one episode of Firefly and I hated it. My husband loves it, though.

Would Stranger Things count? I think it sort of does and it's wonderful.

Original Star Trek is my jam just because I was raised on it. TNG isn't bad...I love Patrick Stewart. I haven't checked out Stargate yet.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Stranger Things would count, I think. Haven't seen it but it's probably got sci-fi elements.

Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 pm

I use to be a fan of Primeval and Doctor Who (and I didn't even know superwholock even existed until 2015 and when I found out about that, I found it to be extremely stupid and I still do it) but I lost interest in them a few years ago. I want to watch Stranger Things but I never watched it (I don't know why, I have plans to watch it like I said I never have and IDK why, also why am I repeating myself?).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by BC1096 Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:20 pm

I've never been that big into scifi shows but I like some scifi movies, not into Star Wars/Star Trek type stuff, but I love darker, edgier scifi films like "District 9".. And, I also really like the very underrated 2000 animated scifi film "Titan A.E.", that was really good
BC1096
BC1096

http://atwistinthemyth.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum