The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam games!

+2
Jfgoofy
Arnold's Love
6 posters

Go down

Steam games! Empty Steam games!

Post by AibouFTW Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:59 pm

Hey everyone!  I realized that me and some others were spamming poor Ray's intro page with posts about Steam games.  I figured it would be easier to move it over here!  Sorry about that Ray!

So at the moment, Arnold's Love and I are thinking of starting to play the game "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes," (or you can just call it "The Bomb Game" like I do) and wondered if anyone would want to join!

What is this game?
It's a co-op game where you have to work together in order to defuse a bomb.  One person (the "Defuser") is at the computer, where they see the bomb.  The other person(s) - it's not limited to 2 players! - (the "Expert(s)") is/are looking at the Bomb Defusal Manual.  The Defuser must communicate with the Expert(s) on what they see on the bomb (like what puzzles are there), while the Expert(s) have to relay information explained in the manual.  Basically, it's a communication puzzle game.  I played it with some friends months ago, and we all had a blast!

What's required?
It depends on what role you want to play.  If you want to be the Defuser, then you need to own the game.  If you're fine with being an Expert, then it doesn't really matter.  You only need one copy within a group to play the game.  I own the game, so I can easily be both.  For both parties: it's not a requirement, but I honestly think this game needs to be played with a voice chat, because trying to relay information via typing is ridiculous and could possibly waste valuable time.  So you would need to have the ability/be okay with joining a voice chat.  Oh!  And something I almost forgot, for the Expert(s), you need to have a copy of the manual (which can be downloaded here).  You can either look at the PDF file on the computer, or have it printed out.  I recommend the latter, because I feel like it's easier to flip through.  Also, when playing with more than one Expert, it's easier to divide the work when you can see it on paper.  Finally, you might want to have some paper and a pen handy so you can take notes (also comes in handy with some of the puzzles).

If you're at all confused, it's good to watch others play first.  Here are some of my favorites: Steam Train, Pewdiepie, GTLive (with MatPat).

Welp, I hope I intrigued you guys with this game.  Again, I'm up for playing any time (except tomorrow, because I have plans to play "Broken Age" with my friend all day - we're trying to beat it before she starts her job in May).  Just let me know!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Steam games! Empty Re: Steam games!

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Yes sorry about that Ray!

I'm so excited for this!! Daytime  is better for me or late at night since my husband plays his stuff in the evening. I'll watch the videos so I'm only kind of a novice instead of full blown novice haha!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Just fyi, if you want to play tonight, I'm game (since I'm probably not going to go to bed until the sun comes up - my sleeping schedule became so out of whack! lmao)!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Just fyi, if you want to play tonight, I'm game (since I'm probably not going to go to bed until the sun comes up - my sleeping schedule became so out of whack! lmao)!

I probably can't tonight. Husbands like on some super serious good team fortress game. And he will probably be doing it late. Wanna try for Friday since you are busy tomorrow?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Yeah, no problem! There's nothing you can do when you're stuck in a good game! Friday night sounds fine with me!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 pm

I think this was a great idea to move it!! Thank god Ray doesn't have it on their thread anymore.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I think this was a great idea to move it!! Thank god Ray doesn't have it on their thread anymore.

Ray was probably ready to rip out our tongues and wrap them around our throats haha!!
Sorry couldn't resist. ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:I think this was a great idea to move it!! Thank god Ray doesn't have it on their thread anymore.

Ray was probably ready to rip out our tongues and wrap them around our throats haha!!

Lol I just thought that Ray would remove our appendices out the old-fashioned way! XD
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 pm

I don't have Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes but I've seen it played by other people. Last time I was on Steam most of my time was sunk into Elite: Dangerous and rFactor...
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 am

Zeether wrote:I don't have Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes but I've seen it played by other people. Last time I was on Steam most of my time was sunk into Elite: Dangerous and rFactor...

You don't need a copy of the game though! You can download the Manual and play as The Expert. You only need the game if you want to be The Defuser.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 am

AibouFTW wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:

Lol I just thought that Ray would remove our appendices out the old-fashioned way! XD

Haha. XD Nah, I was cool with it. But thank you for making a separate thread anyways.

Lately I've been playing the Blackwell Legacy games and I've been liking them so far. They remind of the old school adventure CD-rom games I played as a kid.

As for multiplayer games, I'd be down to playing them, especially Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. What does The Expert do exactly?
Rainbowraider
Rainbowraider

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:34 am

Rainbowraider wrote:
AibouFTW wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:

Haha. XD Nah, I was cool with it. But thank you for making a separate thread anyways.

Lately I've been playing the Blackwell Legacy games and I've been liking them so far. They remind of the old school adventure CD-rom games I played as a kid.

As for multiplayer games, I'd be down to playing them, especially Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. What does The Expert do exactly?

The Expert reads the answers to the puzzles from The Bomb Manual.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:52 am

So, Arnold's Love and I just did a test-run of The Bomb Game, and we had a lot of fun!  The Steam voice chat also seems to work well, but we haven't tried having other people in it too.

We're going to play tomorrow, but we haven't decided on an exact time.  We were considering playing maybe around 9:30pm EST.  What would you guys be up to if you wanted to play?
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:20 pm

AibouFTW wrote:So, Arnold's Love and I just did a test-run of The Bomb Game, and we had a lot of fun!  The Steam voice chat also seems to work well, but we haven't tried having other people in it too.

We're going to play tomorrow, but we haven't decided on an exact time.  We were considering playing maybe around 9:30pm EST.  What would you guys be up to if you wanted to play?

Everyone's scared to play with us and our awesome selves. ;-) Don't be scared, we want to play with you guys!

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 pm

One last announcement before we play tonight: we're going to play tonight at 9:30 EST, if anyone wants to join!  My steam name is animechick4ddr, and feel free to add/message me!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Mon May 09, 2016 5:18 pm

In between all my real life shenanigans I have been largely obsessed with Stardew Valley. I have anxiety and SV is just.. very relaxing and cute with some nice depth to it's characters.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon May 09, 2016 5:50 pm

It's not on Steam yet (it will be at some point) but I got the alpha version of this cool game called Drift Stage that's a throwback to old arcade racing games:

Steam games! GYj5GCq

The drifting is very easy, all you do is tap the brakes and the car slides. Physics are a bit weird though and that's why it's alpha, the developers have been working on a newer model for it. All the cars are based off real cars with different names/appearances to skirt around licensing (the one in the photo is called the "Sakura" but it's based off a Nissan "Sil-Eighty")
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Mon May 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Zeether wrote:It's not on Steam yet (it will be at some point) but I got the alpha version of this cool game called Drift Stage that's a throwback to old arcade racing games:

Steam games! GYj5GCq

The drifting is very easy, all you do is tap the brakes and the car slides. Physics are a bit weird though and that's why it's alpha, the developers have been working on a newer model for it. All the cars are based off real cars with different names/appearances to skirt around licensing (the one in the photo is called the "Sakura" but it's based off a Nissan "Sil-Eighty")

Oh that looks interesting!  I would probably be very terrible at that game, since I'm bad at like every racing game! (except Cruisin' World...oh man, now I feel ancient)

LeSkuh wrote:In between all my real life shenanigans I have been largely obsessed with Stardew Valley.  I have anxiety and SV is just.. very relaxing and cute with some nice depth to it's characters.

Oh man!  My sister-in-law is really into that game!!  I hear it's really good!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down