The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :)

+3
Lachesism
Arnold's Love
Polkahotness
7 posters

Go down

Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :) Empty Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :)

Post by Polkahotness Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

So I figured I too would join in on this fun fanfiction show and tell Smile I love seeing new fics and seeing what else is out there that I may not have been able to find via Fanfic site so I think this is way cool!

I kind of write a LOT of fanfics- probably more than I should Wink I tend to get ideas and run with them until they are finished and I hope my stories reflect that. I like to write anything from super ultra fluff and romance to dark and deep characterizations- much of which come from my own life and experiences. Of my fanfics, there are a few I would love to share with you guys if you're at all interested!

1) Oneshots!
I'm a big fan of oneshots, I have like a billion waiting to be written on my phone lol. Some of my favorites which I've written are:

Prom Foolery is all about Prom and an accidental date. There is a lot of funny moments as well as some serious ArnoldxHelga fluff going on.

Screen Protector For My Heart was actually inspired by one of AibouFTW's marvelous pieces I saw on tumblr with Helga talking to the picture of Arnold on her phone instead of a locket haha a modern twist which i fell in LOVE with so thanks for that Wink

and my other favorite which is actually the first of a Trilogy I wrote for this universe is called Please, Take Me With You which was inspired by a piece of the same name by Ragweed on deviantart. Funny moments in this as well, but focuses on what Helga and Arnold will be doing once they graduate high school and prepare for college.

Lastly, my favorite oneshot I have ever written is entitled, Humans Without Wings and I'm not going to lie when I say if you had to choose ANY of my oneshots to read, this would be the one I would suggest. This is rated M for thematic situations as it revolves around a car crash between Arnold and Helga. Really a deep and powerful piece that I sincerely still think is my best work.

2) Multi-Chaptery Goodness!
Obviously, I kinda have loads of multi-chapter stuff plaguing my fanfic account haha.

What We Left in the Hallway followed by We Didn't Start the Fire are the next two stories in that trilogy starting with Please, Take Me With You. They follow Arnold and Helga a year after that oneshot and after they've been off to college. I LOVE this trilogy and I wish it got more credit- it was a blast to write and I thought was a solid trilogy in the HA! universe Smile

Arnold Management with Dr. Bliss was my first fanfic I ever wrote and is a really fluffy ArnoldxHelga tale of finally getting together once in high school- or at least attempting to. This story has a lot of homage's to the original series and a lot of 'easter eggs' throughout.
SUMMARY: Dr. Bliss has been helping Helga with her 'issues' since fourth grade after socking Brainy. What happens when she leaves for a new job leaving Helga to figure the rest out on her own without Dr. Bliss' help?

To the Fire Escape and Beyond was my first fic once coming back to the fandom and follows Arnold and Helga on a journey of trying to hide their relationship from their peers while juniors in High School. I took a lot of time to work on this story as it directly relates to "Romeo and Juliet," both the original story and the version done in the episode "School Play." This story is rated M for sexual content.

(okay here it comes, you had to know I was gonna mention this fic) Spanish 2 Was All For You is my PRIDE AND JOY. This story is my baby- all epic 27 chapters of it!! It actually started out as a oneshot like 5 years ago and after some thought and time, i decided to embellish it and write it to be the TJM of my DREAMS. If you have any cravings for a darn good TJM fic... I'd hope you'd give mine a looksie.
SUMMARY: Spanish 2 with Arnold was fun until a class presentation changes everything. When he leaves to chase his dreams & find his parents in the middle of the San Lorenzo jungle, it's Helga who is left behind with the secret she was never able to tell. But will a surprising video call from Arnold months later change her life forever?  

AND FINALLY (cause if you've made it this far- you are the BOMBDIGGITY and thank you for being even remotely interested in what i write- i swear you're too cool Smile ) is the NEWEST fic that I'm writing, i actually just posted the first chapter TODAY but it is a GeraldxPhoebe story that I am SUPER STOKED about finishing. It's called, Denting the 'Do: A Love Story and it is all about Gerald and Phoebe's relationship- something I've noticed doesn't get talked about a whole lot in the fanfiction world. Either way- give it a looksie cause I really think you will enjoy where it is about to go! Lot's of fluff, fun and humor along with a touch of ArnoldxHelga for the road Very Happy
SUMMARY: Hillwood High is a muck with cliques like any other high school- Queen B's, Jocks, Preps, Nerds and even a bully or two to even out the score. In the end, will stereotypes prove stronger than the feelings between a tall-haired jock and the smartest girl in school?

obviously, I have a bunch more fanfics not highlighted here on my fanfic account, which you can check out HERE if you are interested!! Smile I hope you are! Very Happy
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :) Empty Re: Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :)

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm so excited for your new one!!! Whoo hoo!

Also, I really need to continue Arnold Management because that first chapter hooked me, I'm telling ya!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachesism Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:03 am

i've bookmarked them all, and now have my reading for the weekend
Lachesism
Lachesism

http://Lachesis-ism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 am

Gaahfsdlfads; I'm telling you: the moment my brain stops being in its "productive" mood, I will read these right away!

But I will definitely read "To the Fire Escape and Beyond" first, so I can whip out that pic for you!

(btw I totally read "Screen-Protector of My Heart" and just about cried. I've never had anybody do anything that was inspired by me or something I did. God, that didn't make any sense but still I have so many feels and just jkalfjdskal;jfsda)
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:23 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Gaahfsdlfads; I'm telling you: the moment my brain stops being in its "productive" mood, I will read these right away!

But I will definitely read "To the Fire Escape and Beyond" first, so I can whip out that pic for you!

(btw I totally read "Screen-Protector of My Heart" and just about cried.  I've never had anybody do anything that was inspired by me or something I did.  God, that didn't make any sense but still I have so many feels and just jkalfjdskal;jfsda)

You're doing a picture for her? Have you done one before for her?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Yes I am, but I haven't started it yet.  She had asked me a long time ago (I think it was either the end of November or the beginning of December), but I had so much on my plate, I asked her to wait until April.  No, I've never done one for her before (or any other commissions either), so I'm excited!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:30 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Yes I am, but I haven't started it yet.  She had asked me a long time ago (I think it was either the end of November or the beginning of December), but I had so much on my plate, I asked her to wait until April.  No, I've never done one for her before (or any other commissions either), so I'm excited!

Well, that's exciting! I've seen a few she had done for Spanish 2 so I was wondering if you had done any. I know Spectrum bunny did at least one of the ones I've seen. That's exciting! I can't wait to see what you create!! :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Goodness, I have SOOOO Much to read now! I'll start reading when I actually have time to review (pet peeve of mine - if you like it enough to click the like button, you should review too so it's only fair I do the same for others)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Goodness, I have SOOOO Much to read now! I'll start reading when I actually have time to review (pet peeve of mine - if you like it enough to click the like button, you should review too so it's only fair I do the same for others)

Words to live by!
I like to do commentary reviews so I always wait to read updates until I know I can give it 100% of my time and write a thorough review. :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 pm

So I know I don't post a whole lot on here (I read more than I comment cause I'm kind of bad at talking to people with my shyness and all) but I've been working on a new multi-chapter fanfic that really means a lot to me, so if you're in the mood, I'd love for you guys to read it.
It's called, "The Club" and you might have seen it mentioned somewhere before (like aibouftw's AMAZING commission she did for me) but I wanted to give a shoutout for it here in case anyone is interested.

Basically, "The Club" is about Olga dying and how Helga and her family deal with the loss; also how Helga and Arnold deal with their almost-relationship prior to her passing away. The story is deep and rated M for the content mostly related to death and the grief process/mild swearing. All in all, I believe this to be one of the best fics I have ever written and I would be so ecstatic if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think.

If you're looking for a tear-jerking, emotionally wild and character-driven ride, "The Club" is for you!!

CHECK IT OUT HERE: "The Club" By: Polkahotness

SUMMARY:I never thought life without Olga would cause so many problems for me. After all, out of everybody I knew, I was probably the only one with just cause enough to want her gone. But now that she was, everything was up in the air, including my relationship with Arnold. Could a view from Mighty Pete shed light on what I'd lost? Or only help me lose Arnold forever?

Polkahotness' Fanfics R US :) Commis10[/url]
(amazing cover art comissioned by AibouFTW)
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Sorry that i'm late to this thread but thanks for sharing these fanfics!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm really loving "The Club" so far!
Mony
Mony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum