The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TJM known voice actors so far...

+7
theintangiblefriends
AibouFTW
Haruko693
LeSkuh
Jfgoofy
Zeether
LuiThe2nd
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TJM known voice actors so far... - Page 2 Empty Re: TJM known voice actors so far...

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun May 29, 2016 3:40 pm

YEEEES! I actually have a soft spot for Big Bob. Glad to see so many people are coming back!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

TJM known voice actors so far... - Page 2 Empty Re: TJM known voice actors so far...

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 29, 2016 3:59 pm

YES!!!!!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Sun May 29, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm so excited with all these reveals!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I wonder who is next
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Surfing the web today and I found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/domirrera/status/730661560645881857

Good ol' Ernie Potts is appearing in The Jungle Movie!

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:21 pm

That's nice!!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 am

LuiThe2nd wrote:Surfing the web today and I found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/domirrera/status/730661560645881857

Good ol' Ernie Potts is appearing in The Jungle Movie!

Nice! Always a treat to see how much of "the old gang" they can round up! Seems like everyone had nothing but praise for the show and are so eager to have another kick at the can - loving it!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:25 pm

AV Club posted an article on the whole cast: http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-hey-arnold-movie-gets-name-hefty-slate-r-238121

Long story short, Arnold and Gerald were recast along with Eugene, Stinky and Sid, Toran and Jamil are playing other characters and Alfred Molina is now La Sombra (Brian Doyle Murray was his voice in The Journal and I think he passed away recently)
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Zeether wrote:AV Club posted an article on the whole cast: http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-hey-arnold-movie-gets-name-hefty-slate-r-238121

Long story short, Arnold and Gerald were recast along with Eugene, Stinky and Sid, Toran and Jamil are playing other characters and Alfred Molina is now La Sombra (Brian Doyle Murray was his voice in The Journal and I think he passed away recently)

Wow this is a big one! Thank you for sharing this Zeether! I'll be sure to update the cast in the thread. Smile

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:03 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
Zeether wrote:AV Club posted an article on the whole cast: http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-hey-arnold-movie-gets-name-hefty-slate-r-238121

Wow this is a big one! Thank you for sharing this Zeether! I'll be sure to update the cast in the thread. Smile

Jackpot!  I know some people are worried about characters like Arnold and Gerald being recast, but that's the nature of the beast when dealing with prepubescent male child actors.  I have COMPLETE faith in Craig and the creative team in getting things right - as long as the new actors get the personalities right, it doesn't matter to me what they "sound" like.  It's like a new actor taking over a role on a long-running Broadway show: as actors, they bring some of their own flair; but as long as they nail the personality of the character, that's what is most important.  It will be cool to see who they bring aboard for Eugene, Sid and Stinky.  I know some forum members will be happy that Justin Shenkarow is coming back for Harold (since he's been pretty quiet lately on the HA front).  He was 16 when he was cast all those years ago so there was no danger of his voice changing.

And I am so STOKED for Alfred Molina - he's fantastic!  Those of you who've watched Raiders of the Lost Ark know him as Satipo, the guide who betrays Indiana Jones for the idol in the Amazon jungle prologue.  Kind of fitting since he's been in a "jungle movie" himself at some point - this had to be intentional lol.  And I love that the other minor characters from the show are coming back.  I LOVED Dan Butler as Mr. Simmons and I'm happy he's coming back... what surprised me was Coach Wittenberg; I love how Jim Belushi did the character and I'm wondering how Wittenberg will fit into the story.  EDIT: Totally missed Stoop Kid in that list; now that's an interesting choice.  I'm also wondering what they're doing; he's pretty much the show's legendary "one-shot" character.

So STOKED!  OMG! Very Happy I've been waiting for this!

And here's an animated pool safety promo from Benjamin Flores Jr, the new Gerald actor.  I must say, I really like the sound of his voice.  This is from the past few months so it's a recent sample of what to expect for what his voice sounds like.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6IpGTuNTQ

And I found a recent interview with Mason Vale Cotton from the SAG Awards four months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxzsKOERGY Compared to an interview I watched from May 2015, his voice has noticeably deepened (ages 11-13 are the most significant for vocal change). He was much younger on Mad Men so I can see why some people were apprehensive... but he was like 10 then lol. Plus, on a show like that, the kid can clearly ACT - that's a plus. I'm partial to the deeper Toran in season one but I'm really starting to dig the sound of Mason as Arnold. OMG this is great news!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Ah damn! Even more cast members have been revealed! Check em' out!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-nickelodeon-revival-2017-1201794474/

Apparently the legends Pigeon Man and Stoop Kid will also be making an appearance, really exiting stuff here!

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:23 pm

Wow, they recast Oskar too. I was expecting him to be written out since Steve passed away...

(His new VA did work on several anime, I remember he was in the infamous Tokyopop Initial D dub)
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Zeether wrote:Wow, they recast Oskar too. I was expecting him to be written out since Steve passed away...

(His new VA did work on several anime, I remember he was in the infamous Tokyopop Initial D dub)

Ouch... I forgot that he provided the voice for Oskar Sad ... I'm guessing Craig or Nickelodeon wanted as many characters to return as they could without messing with the main plot... Though writing him out would been a nice thing to do, maybe they use the money Suzie won from betting on Bluboy on the Horse race to move out of the boarding house?

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:41 pm

I trust Craig to know what he's doing so I'm sure there was a reason for bringing him back. Pigeon Man being in there is interesting too, maybe now that awful theory about him dying at the end of the episode will get put to rest for good.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Zeether wrote:I trust Craig to know what he's doing so I'm sure there was a reason for bringing him back. Pigeon Man being in there is interesting too, maybe now that awful theory about him dying at the end of the episode will get put to rest for good.

RIP Vincent Schiavelli aka Pigeon Man. One of my favourite character actors in Hollywood - again, I'm very confident in Craig and company in finding a replacement. LOVED Vincent.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Zeether wrote:Wow, they recast Oskar too. I was expecting him to be written out since Steve passed away...

Wally Wingert is great. I'm sure Steve would be the first person to say "the show must go on" concerning any questions of what to do with Oskar.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm very happy that the cast is out!!!!!! I was surprised Brian didn't come back, he's still alive and is still acting (I think), but it's very interesting to see Alfred Molina as the new replacement. I really liked his cameo in Gravity Falls as the Multi-Bear.

I was surprised that Wally Wingert was in this (he's also in that really shitty Garfield show that I thought was cancelled back in 2012, but somehow it is still airing).

I was predicting that Joshua Rush could have voiced Eugene, oh well.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I'm very happy that the cast is out!!!!!! I was surprised Brian didn't come back, he's still alive and is still acting (I think), but it's very interesting to see Alfred Molina as the new replacement. I really liked his cameo in Gravity Falls as the Multi-Bear.

I was surprised that Wally Wingert was in this (he's also in that really shitty Garfield show that I thought was cancelled back in 2012, but somehow it is still airing).

And it also continues the tradition of casting child Nick actors to play characters in the show - Justin Shenkarow was in Eerie Indiana back in the day and found his way to playing Harold.  If Nick has talent in-house and knows what they are capable of, I say go for it and use them!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:38 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:I'm very happy that the cast is out!!!!!! I was surprised Brian didn't come back, he's still alive and is still acting (I think), but it's very interesting to see Alfred Molina as the new replacement. I really liked his cameo in Gravity Falls as the Multi-Bear.

And it also continues the tradition of casting child Nick actors to play characters in the show - Justin Shenkarow was in Eerie Indiana back in the day and found his way to playing Harold.  If Nick has talent in-house and knows what they are capable of, I say go for it and use them!

Yep!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Makes me wonder if there are going to be any big casting surprises for characters original to TJM...?  Hmm...? Smile

Something I noticed earlier... Mr. Hyunh wasn't listed in the articles linked above, so either he will have a new actor (that hasn't yet been announced) or he will not be part of TJM. It looks like the original actor retired (he hasn't doing anything since HA: The Movie) so either the character was unintentionally omitted from the articles or not included in the upcoming TV movies. Oh well... if that's the case, at least Oskar is back - I'm sure there will be some tribute to Steve somewhere.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Mason's voice is ADORABLE and really fitting, from the sound of it. And hopefully he should be pretty good acting chops-wise coming from Mad Men. Anything is better than Alex Linz TBH. That was the singular upside to HA! ending for me all those years ago - that I wouldn't have to sit through Alex Linz' weak VA work.

Benjaming Flores' is a good fit for Gerald. He's got a really strong S1 and 2 feel to his voice.

I'm a bit surprised that they recast Stinky. His VA was pretty much already through puberty by the end of HA! so it wouldn't have been THAT weird to bring him back. I am SO THANKFUL that Justin is returning as Harold - he would have been super hard to replace.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:24 pm

LeSkuh wrote:Mason's voice is ADORABLE and really fitting, from the sound of it.  And hopefully he should be pretty good acting chops-wise coming from Mad Men.  Anything is better than Alex Linz TBH.  That was the singular upside to HA! ending for me all those years ago - that I wouldn't have to sit through Alex Linz' weak VA work.

Benjaming Flores' is a good fit for Gerald.  He's got a really strong S1 and 2 feel to his voice.

I'm a bit surprised that they recast Stinky.  His VA was pretty much already through puberty by the end of HA! so it wouldn't have been THAT weird to bring him back.  I am SO THANKFUL that Justin is returning as Harold - he would have been super hard to replace.

Word. Not the biggest fan of Alex Linz, definitely my least favourite Arnold. Mason, for such a young man, is already an accomplished actor - even if his "sound" doesn't appeal to some people (I like him!), no one can say he's a bad actor... dude came from MAD MEN for crying out loud. Stinky surprises me... but I'm SO glad Justin is back!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:34 pm

TJM known voice actors so far... - Page 2 Screen10
Me:  TJM known voice actors so far... - Page 2 8b210

(MY CHILDREN)
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 pm

There seems to be a bit of controversy with Benjamin around social media. I mean, the kid may have a bit of an Ego but other than that I think he's a perfect replacement for Gerald's voice... But, what about Peapod Kid?

Man... I'm also glad Justin is back... Harold is not my favourite character but I don't hate him at all, and based on some interviews, I'd say he's still has that voice (maybe some slight pitching)...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next