The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show?

5 posters

Go down

For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show? Empty For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show?

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:22 am

I'm always so pleased when a younger person discovers the show (whether they stumble upon it or listen to my suggestions lol). For all the younger fans, how did you find the show and what about HA! sucked you into its world?
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show? Empty Re: For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show?

Post by LuiThe2nd Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Well one of my hobbies is watching tv series, cartoons, and a bit of anime... I just found Hey Arnold! around October last year on YouTube. The first episode I watched was "Cool Party", then the Pilot Episode, and then "Helga's Parrot", and not only were they all pretty funny, but

So then I occasionally watched other episodes till around the end of december when I watched the finale ,"The Journal", around this time I went to the Hey Arnold! wiki to learn more about the show since I though it was really great.

Then I learned about The Jungle Movie that never happened, so I start listening to Craig Bartlett's interviews on YouTube, then Aruh Mehta's Interviews on SoundCloud, then I read all the petitions, each with thousands of supports, saw some pretty cool Fan Arts, read a couple of FanFics, and then around March Boom! The Jungle Movie is happening!... Surprised <-(This was my face)

So in a nutshell, the three things that sucked me into Hey Arnold! Are:
1) Pretty much all of the characters are likeable and have their own interesting personality, and the situations they each go through
2) The amazing HA! fandom, I'm not part many fanbases, but y'all are definitely the most creative, honest, and from what I've seen, dedicated fans out there

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show? Empty Re: For the younger HA fans (20 and younger)... what got you into the show?

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:03 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:Well one of my hobbies is watching tv series, cartoons, and a bit of anime... I just found Hey Arnold! around October last year on YouTube.  The first episode I watched was "Cool Party", then the Pilot Episode, and then "Helga's Parrot", and not only were they all pretty funny, but

So then I occasionally watched other episodes till around the end of december when I watched the finale ,"The Journal", around this time I went to the Hey Arnold! wiki to learn more about the show since I though it was really great.

Then I learned about The Jungle Movie that never happened, so I start listening to Craig Bartlett's interviews on YouTube, then Aruh Mehta's Interviews on SoundCloud, then I read all the petitions, each with thousands of supports, saw some pretty cool Fan Arts, read a couple of FanFics, and then around March Boom! The Jungle Movie is happening!... Surprised <-(This was my face)

So in a nutshell, the three things that sucked me into Hey Arnold! Are:
1) Pretty much all of the characters are likeable and have their own interesting personality, and the situations they each go through
2) The amazing HA! fandom, I'm not part many fanbases, but y'all are definitely the most creative, honest, and from what I've seen, dedicated fans out there

I'm pretty "new" to the HA online fandom myself (I've been a an "offline" fan since the show aired but once it stopped airing in the early 2000s, all the fans I knew faded away - my love for the show never left!).  The online fandom here is small but there are very kind and level-headed - not crazy! LOL  I think it's because most of the fanbase is older; as far as I know, I'm the oldest one on here at age 30... some shows like Doctor Who, Supernatural and Sherlock (aka SuperWhoLock) are full of CRAZIES that make the fandom intolerable.  We all seem pretty cool Very Happy  A geezer like me has NO time for stupid shenanigans like that... toxic and totally INSANE fanbases (ie. Homestuck, Undertale, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe) annoy me to no end because if someone goes against the grain of the "fandom", they get strung up the flagpole and publicly humiliated for silly things.  Hey Arnold, thankfully, has NEVER had the reputation of having a divisive hiveminded fandom.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:18 pm

I only remember watching one episode as a kid which was "Field Trip" but I never really got around to becoming a fan until a friend of mine named Kayla introduced me to it around 2014-ish with a cute lil fanfic about Eugene and Sheena that she made (it isn't my favorite though) and that's what got me interested in the show, I watched a couple episodes (like half of the first season) and I instantly fell in love with it!! I was also surprised because "Field Trip" was the only episode I watched as a kid and when I rewatched it, it looked different from what I remember (like for example I thought that Lockjaw's enclosure was interior and that it was only Harold who mocked the turtle and I didn't remember him throwing his ice cream), but it was still a pretty enjoyable episode. I really love all the fanart and I read a few fanfics! I also heard about The Patakis when another friend of mine mentioned it and I really got to know it thanks to Blameitonjorge (a very good youtuber in my opinion, better than the mainstream ones like Pewdiepie, Shane Dawson, most Minecraft youtubers, etc).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I only remember watching one episode as a kid which was "Field Trip" but I never really got around to becoming a fan until a friend of mine named Kayla introduced me to it around 2014-ish with a cute lil fanfic about Eugene and Sheena that she made (it isn't my favorite though) and that's what got me interested in the show, I watched a couple episodes (like half of the first season) and I instantly fell in love with it!! I was also surprised because "Field Trip" was the only episode I watched as a kid and when I rewatched it, it looked different from what I remember (like for example I thought that Lockjaw's enclosure was interior and that it was only Harold who mocked the turtle and I didn't remember him throwing his ice cream), but it was still a pretty enjoyable episode. I really love all the fanart and I read a few fanfics! I also heard about The Patakis when another friend of mine mentioned it and I really got to know it thanks to Blameitonjorge (a very good youtuber in my opinion, better than the mainstream ones like Pewdiepie, Shane Dawson, most Minecraft youtubers, etc).

I'm honestly trying to remember what episode got me hooked way back in '96 in season one... I was 10 so you'd think I'd remember but my mind is actually at a total loss. I remember the Arnold/Ruth thing and that stuck with me because I was in that exact situation way back when - seeing the Ruth episodes made me smile (I honestly wish they did more with Ruth McDougall - I'm probably the only one who thinks that). The one episode I distinctly remembered was Helga's Love Potion because one line stuck with me until this day - "what IS this crap?" when she re-reads her poems after taking the "un-love" potion. I laughed so hard because I had NEVER heard a child character on daytime TV say the word "crap" before. I expected it on the Simpsons (primetime show) but NOT on Hey Arnold - my mother laughed too for the same reason lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm so glad you created this thread. I've often wondered the same thing.

AlainRacette wrote:  The one episode I distinctly remembered was Helga's Love Potion because one line stuck with me until this day - "what IS this crap?" when she re-reads her poems after taking the "un-love" potion.  I laughed so hard because I had NEVER heard a child character on daytime TV say the word "crap" before.  I expected it on the Simpsons (primetime show) but NOT on Hey Arnold - my mother laughed too for the same reason lol

That story's hilarious!

Also Lui and Goofy, have I told you guys that I LOVE y'all's presence on here? I always like to hear what y'all have to say.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:Also Lui and Goofy, have I told you guys that I LOVE y'all's presence on here? I always like to hear what y'all have to say.

Aw thank you!!! cheers
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by blvrryfvce Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:37 am

I actually have a very very vague memory of watching Married when I was about 6 I believe? I also have a very very vague memory of watching The Journal and getting stressed out because it was left with that cliffhanger.

I didn't get back into Hey Arnold! until I was obsessively trying to look for MLaaTR episodes on the internet when I was 12 and I found them on this website called Livevideo and along with what I was looking for I found the Hey Arnold fandom on there and then I remembered that cliffhanger and I started watching the episodes from that one site, Arnolds Eyes? and I learnt about TJM and The Patakis and the rest is history.

Now I'm 20 and so hyped that TJM is actually happening.
blvrryfvce
blvrryfvce

Http://www.peanutbutterandjigglypuff.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down