The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software

4 posters

Go down

Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software Empty Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software

Post by Zeether Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 pm

So I remember last year coming across a couple videos on Youtube from a piece of software called Nickelodeon BrainBender that were about how to draw Arnold and Helga (with Craig explaining Arnold in one of them) and today I found out that BrainBender was uploaded to the Internet Archive's software library! It runs on my computer, and naturally I had to check and see if there was a lot of HA! content.

There's quite a bit of art I've never seen before, specifically some art of Arnold, Gerald, and Helga that they use for a dancing game that has a bunch of poses. I'm going to try to see if I can get it extracted somehow because it's quite interesting, but there's also these backgrounds in a "toon maker" application in the game:

Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software J0nRTZb
Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software CjMw16k
Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software Edcx9q0
Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software 3TDOEtp
Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software AwgglBK

I love the last one in particular. Smile

I wish I could figure out how to get at the graphic data since I love messing around with tools for extracting things but I think it's buried so deep you'd need to use hex editors or something...I've also heard of a Nickelodeon Design Studio program that probably has a lot of HA! art too. (Basically I'm super determined to find a lot of HA promo art because it's fascinating to me)
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software Empty Re: Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:48 pm

These are very cool!! I actually remember seeing some promo art of the main kids (both genders) grouped together like in the intro and Stinky's appearance was just weird XD!! Like his hair lines were there but his hair was just gone.. it just cracks me up!! Also I know the promo/concept art of Sid, Harold and Eugene (he also has an error with his hair where it is backwards, seriously what's up with messing up the hair design of characters on promo art?) are on the DVD.

I know there are some on pinterest (that I believe you mentioned and actually posted some) but of course that site has the stupid forced login thing which makes me angry and it doesn't make me want to sign in so unfortunately I cannot see it.

Also I can't really read the stuff that the first pic has because it is so uncomfortable and it hurts when trying to read it.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software Empty Re: Hey Arnold! content in Nickelodeon software

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Awesome, thanks for posting this!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:10 pm

I can make out most of the stuff in the first background, just needs to be sideways:

"Well, I gave it my best shot"
"Tomorrow's gonna be one of those days that memories are made of"
"No problem"
"Sheesh"
"I'm nothing without my hat"
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Zeether wrote:I can make out most of the stuff in the first background, just needs to be sideways:

"Well, I gave it my best shot"
"Tomorrow's gonna be one of those days that memories are made of"
"No problem"
"Sheesh"
"I'm nothing without my hat"

Thanks! I can only make out some of it. It also hurts when I'm trying to read it, like I'm turning my head towards my shoulder and it is irritating. Anyways thanks for sharing all of this!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:24 pm

There are also several videos of how to draw the characters. Tuck Tucker's tutorial for Helga is pretty much what helped me "solve" Helga's shapes and outlines.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum