The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AibouFTW's Art

+9
theintangiblefriends
Arnold's Love
Jfgoofy
Turchinorain
Helga
Zeether
LeSkuh
Perhapsormaybe
AibouFTW
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Empty Re: AibouFTW's Art

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Omg, PaintTool SAI is my favorite program!  I use it for about 95% of my digital work (and then Photoshop for any edits).  You can buy it here.  It's roughly $60, which is really freaking cheap compared to other software that you have to buy!  You can also download a free 31-day trial, which practically sold me.  I've been using it for about 5 years, and it hasn't failed me yet!

Do itttttt.

Aaaahhh that makes me happy to hear!  While I do have a deviantart account, I am for the most part inactive.  The stuff on that website is mainly Yu-Gi-Oh and Homestuck (but only some of the Homestuck stuff).  I guess I just...lost interest in deviantart, since most of my fandoms were on Tumblr.  And when I'd post something, and the only comment I would get was some variant of "cute!" I just....yeah.  It's a real shame, since most of the Hey Arnold art community is on dA.  Also, at this point, I feel like it would be awkward if I just waltzed back in after having disappeared for so long.  If you want to see some really old stuff, try looking up AnimeChick4DDR.  That's my other name; the ones my IRL friends/family know.  I haven't posted on it in like....5 years?

Yeah, I really need to read your fanfic!  I've been in such a "productive" mood, where I want to make my own fanfics/fanart, so I haven't been reading anything lately!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Is PaintTool similar to photoshop? I literally don't have time to learn a new program haha! If it is close enough I guess I better get saving and find a way to buy it, even with little mouths to feed haha!

Just because you said to, I'll post my stuff later. It's nice that you care :-) Thanks!

I don't really get comments on deviantart but I like that I have it posted somewhere organized. Tumbler feels messy to me, but it's probably just because I don't know how to use it haha. And you shouldn't feel awkward waltzing back it, do it!! I'd like to see your stuff organized on there. But I'll go look at your old stuff either way! And of course looking at whatever you post here, I've been enjoying all your stuff so far!

I understand the productive mood thing...that's me too! But I do hope you read it at some point, i think it's super awesome! haha! But in all seriousness I'd love to hear what you think! Though do note that it's still being written...we post a chapter a week though, so the wait isn't too slow.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Read Me a Story

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_10

I always had this headcanon that they'd pass the time with Helga reading, and Arnold just admiring how smart his girlfriend is.  Such precious babies.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Why are there no emoticons on here with the heart eyes because that is what my eyes are doing at this picture!!! Perfect! I love it so so much!!!!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:10 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Read Me a Story

I always had this headcanon that they'd pass the time with Helga reading, and Arnold just admiring how smart his girlfriend is.  Such precious babies.

GAH! I love it. Love the concept. <3 <3 <3
And the "hug friend" one sincerely pierced my heart. :'( Like why are they so sad?! Does it have a backstory? So so sweet.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:14 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Read Me a Story

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_10

This is perfect and I love it.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:34 am

Arnold's Love wrote:Why are there no emoticons on here with the heart eyes because that is what my eyes are doing at this picture!!!  Perfect!  I love it so so much!!!!

AAAHhfdsafjdska;f Thank you so much!!  jdskalfjdsaflljdksa; --> sorry; I've lost the ability to sound coherent
theintangiblefriends wrote:GAH! I love it. Love the concept. <3 <3 <3  
And the "hug friend" one sincerely pierced my heart. :'(  Like why are they so sad?! Does it have a backstory? So so sweet.

Thank you so much!!  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Honestly, I don't know why they're so sad.  I was looking for prompts from this color palette blog, and the combination of the colors and the title just made me think of it.  Also, I felt like Helga's dealt with a lot of crap in her life, and she just  needs a hug!

Perhapsormaybe wrote:This is perfect and I love it.

Thank you so much!  That really means a lot to me!  Smile

OKAY: BONUS POINTS IF YOU CAN GUESS WHAT BOOK THEY'RE READING.  I actually have an edited version/comic of this picture that reveals the answer.  I'll post that once someone gets the answer! Wink
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:39 pm

No idea, but i will probably hit myself when you tell us lol
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm sure that cover's a clue but I'm not figuring it out. I'm just gonna say Lord of the Rings cause I associate gold writing on books with that.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:I'm sure that cover's a clue but I'm not figuring it out. I'm just gonna say Lord of the Rings cause I associate gold writing on books with that.

That's a pretty darn good guess!  Actually, it's The Silmarillion, which is a book by Tolkien that gathers together the mythos of the world he created (but it's basically like a soap opera between the Elf families).  Currently, one of my best friends is obsessed with it (like I am about Hey Arnold at the moment), and she's reading it aloud to me, because it's so much easier for me to understand his way of writing when it's read aloud (and then explained by someone who knows their stuff).  That's actually what inspired the entire thing (especially the comic thing that I will post next).
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 pm

As promised, here's the comic thing.  It's basically a conversation I had with my friend word-for-word (except for some parts that I tweaked for the characters) while she read the first chapter.

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_23
AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_18
AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_19
AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_20
AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_21
AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Story_22

This is totally how I picture their reading dates.  Helga totally schooling Arnold and Arnold just being like "Whatever." lol
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:59 pm

My future father-in-law is obsessed with anything and everything Tolkien. I never cared for his writing myself, but I could see Helga liking him.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Yeah, I've never had any interest in reading his writing either (but I love the films).  However, it's been awesome to finally become more familiar with my friend's current obsession (like how she listens to me gush about Hey Arnold and listen to all my fanfic ideas).

Honestly, I see Helga just reading everything.  Whether it be Tolkien, Dickens, Austen, or Hemingway....Helga's read it.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Hit Me With 3-D

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 Hit_me10

My first finished picture with Gerald!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Aaaaaahhhh! I love it! SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!

You whip these out so fast! I'm jealous!!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Aaaaaahhhh!  I love it!  SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!

You whip these out so fast! I'm jealous!!  

Thank you! Well, it takes me hours for most of these. But I think I got to a time where I had finished so many pictures without posting them, but I didn't want to suddenly spam this thread (or Tumblr) with a bunch of pictures, so I had to patiently wait. I've been trying to go for once a day! lol
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 pm

That looks excellent! Great job!

(And totally with you on the movies vs the books. I can't stand the books, but I LOVE those movies)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:50 pm

I really think you did an excellent job on the 3D glasses drawing with Gerald and Arnold!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:That looks excellent! Great job!

(And totally with you on the movies vs the books. I can't stand the books, but I LOVE those movies)

Thanks! And yes, it's not like I don't like Tolkien....I just feel like I'm such a dumb that it would take me an hour just to read a page. And I've heard that he'll just spend like 10 pages just to describe a single tree. lmao

Jfgoofy wrote:I really think you did an excellent job on the 3D glasses drawing with Gerald and Arnold!! Very Happy

Thank you!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:10 pm

I'm No Angel

AibouFTW's Art - Page 2 I_m_no10

Sorry for the oodles of sad.

Also, I think I'm addicted to colourpod someone send help.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:16 pm

So sad.
But beautiful.
WHat's colorpod?
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by SkepticalMetalhead87 Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Wow, your artwork is most splendid! In particular, I love the "I'm No Angel" picture you made.
SkepticalMetalhead87
SkepticalMetalhead87

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue May 03, 2016 6:14 am

SkepticalMetalhead87 wrote:Wow, your artwork is most splendid!  In particular, I love the "I'm No Angel" picture you made.

Thank you so much!  Yeah, "I'm No Angel" was a fun one to draw!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm

"I'm No Angel" is definitely really good, as is everything else. Was the 3D one inspired by the one time they did a "3D" episode of the show?
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue May 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Zeether wrote:"I'm No Angel" is definitely really good, as is everything else. Was the 3D one inspired by the one time they did a "3D" episode of the show?

Thanks!  Actually, the 3-D ones (as well as all of the other color palette ones) were inspired by the color pallet tumblr, Colourpod.  When I was bored, I would look through the the pages and choose which ones inspired me.  I took both the color choices and the title of the palettes into account.  In fact, the titles of all the pictures are actually links to that specific post on their page!  You all should check them out if you're looking for inspiration!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum