The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misheard Song Lyrics

3 posters

Go down

Misheard Song Lyrics  Empty Misheard Song Lyrics

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Has anyone ever listened to a song like on the radio, Pandora, or something else and misheard the lyrics to the song?

I think one of the first songs that I really misheard the lyrics to was Led Zeppelin's "Trampled Underfoot", like I thought Robert Plant was saying some nonsense, like I thought that he said "It brings me down. Electric. electric lady bungalow, Mario ain't no slim... *chorus goes here* Trouble free transmission (The only one I could understand), thought you gotta explode. Mama let me pump your ass, I'm gonna do the law" (I couldn't understand the other stuff after this, other than the chorus) even though it was really "Greasy slicked down body, groovy leather trim. I like the way you hold the road, Mama it ain't no sin. *chorus*, Trouble free transmission, helps your oils flow. Mama let me pump your gas, Mama let me do it all." and this is only the first 40 seconds (I also misheard "Really built in style" as "Reel them in the fire").

I also misheard the lyrics of Tony Toni Toné's "If I Had No Loot" in an Instagram post of Sam Gifaldi (yes Sid's voice actor) jamming to it in his car and I couldn't really understand because the vocals were kinda muffled and I misheard "Never ever depend on you" and "If I had no loot" as "Eight five at noon" (the post contained the last 30 seconds of the song and I also heard an "undistinguishable" lyric (it was a little too fast and I couldn't find anything that tells me what the lead singer (Raphael Saadiq) was saying) that I think says "Start thinking to what it feels like" which sounds correct (especially "what it feels like" which I am 100% sure is correct), but I think it might also be/have been another misheard lyric).

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Misheard Song Lyrics  Empty Re: Misheard Song Lyrics

Post by Zeether Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 am

Pick any Eurobeat song and somebody's probably misheard a lyric or two for it. There's so many cases, but one infamous one was a track by an artist called John Desire called Hot Limit, featuring what sounds like "We drink Ritalin." It got made famous because of a Flash video from the early 2000s, one of those "animutations"...but that's a whole other thing.

Also, Bemani (Konami's rhythm game division) has misheard lyrics in some of the songs from Beatmania IIDX, DDR etc but the only two I know of off the top of my head are GOLD RUSH ("I'm Michael a la mode" -> "I'm Michael in a boat" on top of a bunch of misheard lyrics from a part where he lists all the previous IIDX games, although this was mainly a community joke on a forum) and INJECTION OF LOVE (by Akira Yamaoka...yes, the guy who did the Silent Hill music), where the lyric "stroke me" (at 1:01) sounds like "truck me" and is now a joke among the community as well.

Oh, and I should mention you can click the song titles to see videos of them where you can, uh, listen to them. The link text is a bit camouflaged on here.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:22 am

Zeether wrote:Pick any Eurobeat song and somebody's probably misheard a lyric or two for it. There's so many cases, but one infamous one was a track by an artist called John Desire called Hot Limit, featuring what sounds like "We drink Ritalin." It got made famous because of a Flash video from the early 2000s, one of those "animutations"...but that's a whole other thing.

Also, Bemani (Konami's rhythm game division) has misheard lyrics in some of the songs from Beatmania IIDX, DDR etc but the only two I know of off the top of my head are GOLD RUSH ("I'm Michael a la mode" -> "I'm Michael in a boat" on top of a bunch of misheard lyrics from a part where he lists all the previous IIDX games, although this was mainly a community joke on a forum) and INJECTION OF LOVE, where the lyric "stroke me" (at 1:01) sounds like "truck me" and is now a joke among the community as well.

Oh, and I should mention you can click the song titles to see videos of them where you can, uh, listen to them. The link text is a bit camouflaged on here.

Alright thanks (I tried fixing it, but thanks for telling me anyways)!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:04 pm

I heard Fall Out Boy's "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

There's this one part that says "we're friends, we're friends just because we move units"

I thought they'd said "we're friends just because we reviewed it". I thought of the song very differently for that.

And Katy Perry's "The One That Got Away" I thought at first was about a serial killer. I heard the part:

"In another life, I would make you stay
So I won't have to say you were the one
That got away"

as "In another life, I would make you PAY
So I won't have to say you were the one
that got away".

I like my version better.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content