The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here...

+2
Perhapsormaybe
SkepticalMetalhead87
6 posters

Go down

A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here... Empty A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here...

Post by SkepticalMetalhead87 Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm known as Destroyer-of-Fascism on DeviantArt. I'm a 28 year-old heavy metal junkie who initially had career ambitions in the creative industry but have since relegated such activities as hobbies and am now itching to become a truck driver (preferably in a company with a robust union contract). While I'm a fan of various types of media genres, I'm essentially non-partisan in my fandom of most genres (for example, I like a few anime titles, but I don't consider myself an "otaku" by any means).

My fandom for Hey Arnold is a tad off-kilter compared to everyone else here. I loved the show when it debuted in 1996 and was a fan until around 1999-2000. I didn't come to hate the show or anything, but was essentially drawn away from it by more "mature" cartoons gaining popularity at the time (other childhood cartoons suffered similar fates as I got older at the time). Hey Arnold came back in the limelight in my life 3 years ago after watching some "nightmare fuel" Nicktoons compilation on YouTube at the time.

Be prepared to read my posts containing unusual ideas relating to this iconic 90's cartoon down the road.
SkepticalMetalhead87
SkepticalMetalhead87

Back to top Go down

A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here... Empty Re: A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here...

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:02 am

Nice to meet you! What metal bands do you like? I went to my first ever concert just a few years ago - it was Iron Maiden and it was amazing. I also really like Sabaton. My fiance's a huge metal nerd so if you've got any recommendations he may not have heard of, it's always appreciated!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here... Empty Re: A relatively obscure DA user crawls his way here...

Post by Polkahotness Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:45 am

I look forward to those unusual ideas Smile nice to meet you!! Smile
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:19 am

Good to see you here! I have zero real knowledge of heavy metal. I LOVE you're terrifying Ren icon and am excited for your thoughts on HA! and any other 90s toons! Very Happy
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:23 am

It's nice to meet you too! Sorry, I don't have much knowledge of heavy metal (unless any of the songs popped up in the game "Rock Band"). What are some of your favorite bands/songs? I also really look forward to hearing your thoughts on Hey Arnold!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by SkepticalMetalhead87 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:38 am

LeSkuh wrote:Good to see you here!  I have zero real knowledge of heavy metal. I LOVE you're terrifying Ren icon and am excited for your thoughts on HA! and any other 90s toons!  Very Happy

Thanks, Alyssa!!  I picked a deranged Ren as my icon because my current job often makes me feel like that XD.  I'll be back fairly soon to share some HA! nostalgia and some ideas to expand some story arcs in various episodes.

I haven't figured out how to use the Multi-Quote function yet, but a hearty thanks to everyone else here, too!!
SkepticalMetalhead87
SkepticalMetalhead87

Back to top Go down

Post by SkepticalMetalhead87 Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Nice to meet you! What metal bands do you like? I went to my first ever concert just a few years ago - it was Iron Maiden and it was amazing. I also really like Sabaton. My fiance's a huge metal nerd so if you've got any recommendations he may not have heard of, it's always appreciated!

I usually listen to thrash, death, and black metal bands, but I also love the traditional heavy metal bands and doom/stoner bands, too. Iron Maiden are among my favorites, and Sabaton is really cool, too. Here's a list of some metal bands/artists I love.

Morbid Angel
Nocturnus
Death
Pestilence
Atheist
Brutality
Carcass
Nokturnal Mortum
Drudkh
Phantasmagory
Black Sabbath
Saint Vitus
Napalm Death
Repulsion
Demolition Hammer
Electric Wizard
Hellhammer
Overkill
Slayer
Deicide
Morbid Saint
Cannibal Corpse
Sinister
Immortal
Darkthrone
Bolt Thrower
Terrorizer
Bathory
Sabaton
Immolation
Pan.Thy.Monium
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Tony MacAlpine
Christian Muenzner
Canvas Solaris
SkepticalMetalhead87
SkepticalMetalhead87

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:42 pm

SkepticalMetalhead87 wrote:I haven't figured out how to use the Multi-Quote function yet, but a hearty thanks to everyone else here, too!!

If it makes you feel better, I also am unsure how to use it! If needed I've just been opening secondary tabs and copy/pasting.......
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:50 pm

I really like your taste in music!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum