The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted House Roleplay!

+4
Arnold's Love
Perhapsormaybe
Jfgoofy
LeSkuh
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Haunted House Roleplay! - Page 3 Empty Re: Haunted House Roleplay!

Post by Arnold's Love Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 pm

"Uh...sorry, Helga," Arnold replied, turning back to face her. He'd had the strangest feeling just then...kind of a strange chill in the air that has caused the hairs on the back of his neck to raise. Shaking his head he came to stand next to her.

"I'm surprised you want me to pick," he replied with a slight smirk. "I mean you are queen bossing everyone around." Realizing that his comment was possibly a mistake and may have only enticed Helga to pick on him, he quickly directed her attention to the door on their right. "How about we try this one first?"
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 pm

((OCC: Am I the only one still checking in on this?))
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 pm

((LOL, I'm not even part of the role-play and I'm still checking on it.
How "Brainy" of me. Wink ))
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:13 pm

((I'm still checking but I'm kind of hanging for Sid's response to proceed...plus the awkward part of separating the characters is wanting to not break up the conversations))
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:46 pm

((OOC: I'm still checking in on the RP but I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not sure if I can continue. Like I'm too busy with other stuff and school's almost over, so I'm kind of distracted but the other thing is that I don't know what else to say. I'm not sure if I can be replaced, or if I need to think of something so this RP can continue. Sorry everyone Sad However I will still participate in other RPs, but for now, I don't think I am able to continue this because of the already mentioned things.))

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:31 pm

((OOC: It's cool, Jfgoofy, sometimes life gets in the way. So for you and everyone else - we have a few options. If you think it's going to be a long time before you can come back often we can just say Sid chickened out first. If you think you'll be able to come back in a few weeks, we could just have Sid pass out or get taken by a ghost and then he can come back whenever you're able to. Any of those three options still fits the narrative and doesn't throw the story off track))
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:34 pm

((OOC: Thanks! I'm letting Theintangiblefriends take over, does that sound good? If not we can go with one of your ideas okay?))
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:48 pm

((That sounds perfectly fine as well! Hope things get easier for you soon!))
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:49 pm

((Thanks!!))
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 pm

"How about we try this one first," Helga mimicked in a snooty voice followed by a scoff and a casual roll of her eyes. "I'll have you know, ArnOLdo, that I'm only letting YOU pick because if something goes wrong, I'll know just the football-headed dweeb to blame- got it?"

She took a step towards the door and reached out for the brassy knob. With a flick of her wrist, she tried to push the door open only to discover the door wasn't locked- but stuck.

"CRIMINY..." She grumbled to herself, "Way to pick the door that's JAMMED," she pushed at it with her shoulder, determined to get the door open if it's the last thing she did.

After a few aggressive attempts, Helga spun around to glare at Arnold with her hands planted on her hips. "You just gonna STAND there or are you going to HELP ME like the freaky headed noble do-Gooding WEIRDO that you are?"

((Totally posted this like 2 days ago- I'm not sure why it didn't go through. Sorry!))
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:50 pm

((OOC: Maybe in general it would be best to try and reunite the group in some capacity just to keep flow going a little easier. Also, JFGoofy - that's totally understandable and I hope things get a little less hectic for you! Theintangiblefriends is MORE than welcome to pick up Sid, if they'd like to. They're also welcome to bring in another character if they'd prefer and we can write Sid out if need be!))
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 pm

((OOC: Thank you Leskuh. They were also thinking of ideas about Sid, either him passing out or fleeing from the house. I'm quite happy that they are replacing me for this RP. Like I said, I will participate in future RPs if I can, but I'm kind of glad that I'm being replaced while all of this stuff is happening. Also I'm not sure how a new character will fit in. Oh well))
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:01 pm

((I'm just gonna try to go with the flow until Intangiblefriends can come in - hope this doesn't get considered Godmodding, but I'll change it if anyone has a problem with it))

Harold had seen Sid only a moment ago. But there was no sign of the other boy. "I just touched him..." Harold muttered to himself, befuddled. His eyes widened and he felt his whole body shake. He could hear a dog howling, the sound sending a shiver up his spine. Worse...it sounded close.

He tried to remain calm. He really did. But his first though was he needed to get to someone who could protect him or get the heck out. And after falling through the hole, he wasn't sure where the door was...but he could vaguely hear talking near him. His chances, he realized, were best with Helga and Arnold. Helga for the protection from everyone except her and Arnold to protect him from Helga. He jumped as he heard another howl.

He screamed out as he ran towards the nearest source of noise. "MADAME FORTRESS MOMMMMYYYYY!!!"
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Sid had gone to "investigate". Really he just wanted to seem brave and wasn't planning on going further than just around the corner, but the second he had heard that first dog howl, he had passed out. Cold.
He started to come to however, at the sound of a receding yell, coming from Harold.
Somehow the fact of his friend running off and leaving him behind was almost just as terrifying as the sound of the ghost dog--"I mean it HAD to be a ghost dog. There is no other logical explaination"-- howling.
"Boy Howdy! I gotta find Harold!" Sid exclaimed as he jumped up and ran back in the direction he had come from.
"HAROLD, WAIT FOR ME!!!"
Sid voice was practically a screech at this point.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Gino raised an eyebrow, shifting his weight onto one foot. "So what you're sayin' is that you'll help me if I help you scare 'em off? Is that your angle?"

He rubbed his chin as he thought for a moment. Wolfgang would probably want a cut of the profit, but with so many antiques, Gino was feeling generous. Besides, putting fear into kids' hearts was something the little mobster relished, like whip cream on delicious quivering sundae.  

It wasn't long until Gino's face broke into smirk. "I like it. You got anything in mind?"
Rainbowraider
Rainbowraider

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:02 pm

With an amused smirk Arnold stepped forward. "Well, I thought you were doing a bang up job yourself. Literally."

Without waiting for response he walked to the other side of the hallway. Quickly running at the door he slammed into it sideways causing it to burst open and himself to land flat on the ground and a cloud of dust to billow up around him.

Coughing, he stood up and dusted himself off and looked around waiting for his eyes to adjust to the dark. Remember his flashlight he snapped it on and shone it forward...freezing immediately, eyes going wide at what he saw.

"H-H-Helga...what is that?"
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Harold whirled around to see Sid running after him. He almost screamed and continued to run before common sense kicked in and told him it was his friend. He straightened up, trying to look tougher than he felt. "You scared, you big baby?" He mocked. "Do you want your mommy?" he faked crying.

Bullying was a bad habit, but he felt more brave when he wasn't focused on his fear. But the illusion was shattered the moment he heard another howl in the distance, this time sounding like it had come from upstairs. "...m-m-maybe we should ju-ju-just...leave..."
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:30 pm

((OOC: Guys, are we still going?))
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 pm

((OOC: I'm game, I've been checking back, but I'm waiting for Helga....))
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:13 pm

((OOC: Also been checking in. I know it's "Sid's turn," but I wanted to wait because I don't want the Harold/Sid narrative to dominate the RP))
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Helga smirked as Arnold ran into the door causing it to collapse completely. With a cross of her arms, she commented, "Who would have thought a little football headed twerp like you could have that much umph."

Watching as he shines his flashlight on a dark figure in the room, Helga's brow raises in curiosity and slight fear- even though she'd never show it in front of Arnold.

"I'm... I'm not sure," She says hesitantly before swallowing a large gulp and tries to shrug off her fear. "I AM sure however, that it probably isn't some lame brain GHOST trying to scare us OUT," Helga lied; she wasn't sure of anything as they stood in the hallway except that she could get the tiniest whiff of Arnold's shampoo- and it smelled delicious.

Nearly slapping herself out of her swoon, Helga finally finished with, "but we won't find anything out just STANDING here, now will we Hair Boy?"

Helga pushed her way passed Arnold to lead them into the room crowded with cobwebs; the air thick from being locked behind a door for so long. With determined steps she approached the mysterious figure slowly I'm hopes that her pace would bring Arnold closer to her yet- even if it WAS a ghost ready to suck the pair's souls out; if that's even what ghosts did.

Helga stared ahead at the figure she was now inches from and scoffed. "It's a dresser, ya dingus," She reached out to knock on the wood; a cloud of dust emitting from where she'd rapped. "You scared of fine carpentry or what?"
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:59 am

Needless to say Sid was shaken up pretty badly by the time he reached Harold.
As Harold finished his "do you want your mommy" taunt, however, Sid felt the faintest sense of irony at who it was making that comment. That teensy bit of amusement was completely vaporized, however, when they heard the other howl. Sid's terrified heart was pounding in his ears so loudly he couldn't think. The second the word "leave" left Harold's mouth, instinct kicked in, and Sid bolted for the exit as fast as he had ever run in his life.
He extremely high-pitched, ear-piercing, only-six-year-old-tiny-children-are-supposed-to-be-able-to-hit-that-note scream rang throughout the entire old, decrepit house from basement to roof; it continued-- but fading-- quite a ways down the street in the direction of Sid's house too.
It wasn't until Sid was in his bed, under his blankets, and panting that coherent thought came back to him. Thankfully for the slightly insecure boy, terror far outweighed any embarrassment, and no matter how much taunting he got from the gang -- especially Harold-- he asserted that he had "fully justifiably" run to save his own life that night. He was convinced of it, and no amount of reasoning from Arnold or teasing from anyone else ever swayed his mind otherwise.

((OOC: I decided to just go ahead and pull Sid because I'm having trouble with the forum recently. (I explained why in my intro) Thanks for the fun! ))
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:44 pm

((OOC: Uh is this still going? I know that I'm not apart of this anymore but is this still going?))
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:21 pm

((OOC: I don't think so. I've given up on it. No one's posting.))
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 pm

((OOC: Aww. So we're like on a hiatus right now and taking a break? If so, I'm okay with that.))
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next