The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Santa Sign Ups and Rules

+10
Polkahotness
Lachesism
AlainRacette
SpectrumBunny
sevensighs
Turchinorain
Mony
LeSkuh
Jfgoofy
Perhapsormaybe
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Secret Santa  Sign Ups and Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Santa Sign Ups and Rules

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Ooh I'm so glad I checked the board! I totally want to participate!!

Name: Arnold's Love (aka Sandy)

Medium: I think I better stick with fanfiction, as I'm too slow of an artist to pull anything out that quick. So drabble, one-shot, short fic, I can do :-)

What I want for Christmas: Ooh...if it's fanart I would love someone to do something for my fanfic "The Shadow Around His Heart", what exactly is your choice! Basically I would literally die! Very Happy As for fanfiction I would love anything A/H obviously; or G/P (because that is so underdone and I love them); I'd even take a Helga/Gerald pairing because, frankly, I really like that idea.I love anything style-wise--fluffy, angsty, dark--as long as it ends happy and isn't too scandalous! ;-) Or anything fun with any or all of the characters...honestly there's tons of routes I'd be happy.

Limitations: Nothing remotely NSFW at all. Nothing gory or violent, etc. Same sex romantic relationships (friendship is fine).
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa  Sign Ups and Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Santa Sign Ups and Rules

Post by reinamy Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:28 am

(I haven't been on here in forever! To think I almost missed this!)

Name: Reinamy (reinamycloud on tumblr)

Medium: Fanfiction

What I want for Christmas:
--- Pairing-wise, I'm all about: Helga/Arnold, Helga/Brainy, Helga/Phoebe, and Helga/Arnold/Gerald.
--- As for prompts/themes, I'm a sucker for: SSC BDSM, body insecurity+body positivity, fake-relationships, hurt/comfort, fluff and angst, gender/queer themes, reverse gender roles, pining, and slow-burn romances.

Limitations: Pairings/characters I haven't already mentioned since I'm not familiar enough with them to do them justice. I do write smut, including hardcore kinks/fetishes, though I'd rather not touch on noncon/scat/asphyxiation/humiliation. I also prefer writing post-canon fics. That's about it, really.

Smile
reinamy
reinamy

http://reinamycloud.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Minor question so after we edit our posts to fix something and are happy with what it now says, what if people who have already seen what happens if someone gets to do one of our things but base it off of the thing that it said before the post was edited (I know I messed up my grammar right here)? Do they have to redo the thing after seeing the edit or should they just keep the thing that's in the drawing/fanfic that they made for the person, which was included in the original post/previous edit? I'm just asking because I edited a whole lot on my sign up and it was a mess before I decided to make it the way it is now.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:Minor question so after we edit our posts to fix something and are happy with what it now says, what if people who have already seen what happens if someone gets to do one of our things but base it off of the thing that it said before the post was edited (I know I messed up my grammar right here)? Do they have to redo the thing after seeing the edit or should they just keep the thing that's in the drawing/fanfic that they made for the person, which was included in the original post/previous edit? I'm just asking because I edited a whole lot on my sign up and it was a mess before I decided to make it the way it is now.

No one can start on their gift until they know who they're giving to, and that won't be until Halloween when we're assigned our person, so you're fine.
Mony
Mony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Mony wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:Minor question so after we edit our posts to fix something and are happy with what it now says, what if people who have already seen what happens if someone gets to do one of our things but base it off of the thing that it said before the post was edited (I know I messed up my grammar right here)? Do they have to redo the thing after seeing the edit or should they just keep the thing that's in the drawing/fanfic that they made for the person, which was included in the original post/previous edit? I'm just asking because I edited a whole lot on my sign up and it was a mess before I decided to make it the way it is now.

No one can start on their gift until they know who they're giving to, and that won't be until Halloween when we're assigned our person, so you're fine.

Thanks!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Exactly as Mony said.

So, if anyone needs an edit for any reason (you changed your mind about what you want, you forgot to list something you're not ok with writing, whatever) just please go ahead and make the edits. I'll use whatever is current on Halloween day.

The other thing is I understand life happens - someone may get their assignment and realize they just don't have time. That's fine, but you must message me the minute you know. I'll contact your Santa and we'll figure out what to do from there - I will most likely take over the assignment but if your Santa already finished your project they can still give it to you for Christmas.

If you have questions about the wishes for the person you receive, send me a message and I will be the go-between. Let's say someone requested a pairing and you're totally cool writing that pairing...but all you can think of is a hospital au and you're worried the other person may feel triggered by this, or you have any other questions - message me the question or clarification and I'll get ahold of the person you're playing Santa for.

Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Reminder: This is closing soon! You still have a few days if you're interested. If you've signed up but know of someone who would be interested but hasn't signed up, let them know. Remember, everyone has until 9 pm Central time on Halloween night to sign up.

EDIT: This is now closed. However, I'm sick and my husband is insisting I go to bed. I have a sheet started but I'm very anal and paranoid so I'm on the double check stage to make sure I didn't accidentally pair people who won't match well. There should be no reason for me not to have these up tomorrow, probably shortly after I get home from work (about 6 pm to 7 pm).
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 pm

And we are officially closed and I ignored my husband and sent out everyone's assignments anyway.

Please let me know if anything changes and you can't participate.

Try to have your gift to your person by Christmas day, New Year's at the latest. You can provide the gift however you chose (on here, through email, through tumblr, etc.), but please also link it here for us to see.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by reinamy Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 am

Hey! I just wanted to know if there's a designated tumblr tag for this event (i.e., hey arnold secret santa, etc)?
reinamy
reinamy

http://reinamycloud.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachesism Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:33 pm

i dont see why we can't decide on one here to help call them out.

i would recommend #sunsetarmssecretsanta or something?
Lachesism
Lachesism

http://Lachesis-ism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 pm

That sounds good to me - it shouldn't get mixed up with any other secret santas going on that way.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Update:

So someone brought up a pretty good question about due dates: yes, ideally, you should have your gift to your person by Christmas. No, you don't have to wait if you manage to finish it early.

HOWEVER - Christmas day is hectic for some people. You may have it done but not have time to post it that day. You may need to put finishing touches on it. Whatever. Please just have it done by New Year's day at the absolute latest (again, ideally before then but if it's later it's fine)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by sevensighs Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm very glad you said we don't have to wait -- I'm pants at waiting to give gifts. So, with that said, I was jfgoofy's secret santa! I posted both my pieces to tumblr:

http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/post/154229861327
http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/post/154229991552

I'm excited to see all the art and fic that comes out of this secret santa Smile
sevensighs
sevensighs

http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 pm

sevensighs wrote:I'm very glad you said we don't have to wait -- I'm pants at waiting to give gifts. So, with that said, I was jfgoofy's secret santa! I posted both my pieces to tumblr:

http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/post/154229861327
http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/post/154229991552

I'm excited to see all the art and fic that comes out of this secret santa Smile

I really love them (they weren't what I was expecting, but to be honest I think they are much better than what I was expecting)!! Very Happy

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Beautiful!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by sevensighs Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 pm

I was really hoping you'd like them even though they were kinda different! I'm glad to hear you like them rendeer
And thank you, perhapsormaybe!
sevensighs
sevensighs

http://sevensighs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Reminder that Christmas is one week from today and your gifts really must be in two weeks from today at the absolute latest. Please be realistic with yourself - if you think you will not be able to finish your gift, it's fine, but please let us know so I can come up with an alternative plan so anyone who creates a gift still gets something in return. There is no shame in being too busy, no one is going to get mad at you.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I couldn't finish my thing because I had to work on some stupid homework (and I haven't worked on it since. I did it a few weeks ago btw), but I still like it(?).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse9 Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

My Secret Santa present has been sent. Said person is reading now.
This has really been fun. Thanks for suggesting it!

Mouse9
Mouse9

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:41 am

If you gave a gift but did not receive one, please let me know immediately so we can make this right.

Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:12 pm

I didn't get one that I know of, but it's fine really.
Mony
Mony

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:31 am

Ok, if there's anyone who wants to volunteer to give to those who made but didn't receive, that would be wonderful.

Otherwise I will get stuff to you guys when I can. I'm just really busy (read: tired) lately.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Turchinorain Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Oh don't worry about it. It's not important. Christmas is long over
Turchinorain
Turchinorain

http://tarnisha-art.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Polkahotness Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 am

HeyArnoldFanatic007 wrote:Hi guys! I just adore Hey Arnold and I'm new to the fourms

Name: HeyArnoldFanatic007

Medium: fanfiction and amvs

What I want for Christmas: A Helga/Arnold fanfic about either going more into Helga's dream from the episode 'Married' or where Helga's obsessed with the Sims games and she creates her and Arnold, living her ultimate fantasy life, a fic where Arnold runs into Summer again and he falls in love with her, an Arnold/OC fic with an OC of mine or a piece of fanart with them Smile

Limitations: Nothing really. I'm open to just about anything

happy belated holidays, HeyArnoldFanatic007! I'm sorry it isn't super long, but i love your idea so much that i definitely plan to continue it but for now, i hope you enjoy this little drabble for you!! SmileThe Perfect Pataki Sims-dom
Polkahotness
Polkahotness

http://polkahotness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2