The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Rules!

2 posters

Go down

Roleplay Rules! Empty Roleplay Rules!

Post by LeSkuh Sun May 29, 2016 1:22 pm

I should have done this before starting, but I figured it'd be good to post up a baseline of etiquette that is expected in a forum RP.  I know some of you are newbies to RP or just to the forum style of RP.  Some of you are old hat, but hey - we could all use a general refresher.

01] NO GODMODDING! - Essentially you are playing one character.  You only have control of that one character.  You don't have the authority to say how any other character reacts or feels about what is happening.  Your character can make assumptions or inferences of another person's feelings, but they don't KNOW until that character's player states it.

02] While you are not expected to post everyday, players are expected to participate frequently.  If you're going to be AWOL for an extended period of time, it's a good idea to consider retiring your character.  If a lull of more than two weeks is noticed with any specific character, a mod will pick up your character and a courtesy PM will be sent to you.  Be honest about whether or not you can handle continued play.

03] No forcing romance.  If you have a character that you'd like to interact with on a romantic level, talk to their player about it beforehand as a courtesy.  Even assumed pairings should consider discussing their intentions (Arnold/Helga, Phoebe/Gerald, ETC.)

04] Please use double parentheses at the bottom of your post ((like this)) for any out of character notes!

05] Do your best to use proper spelling and grammar.  I'm not going to harp on this unless for some reason you devolve to chat speak, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.  Also, for clarity, all RP entries should be in third person.

06] We should never be breaching PG-13 territory here (even more so because we're playing them as kids).  If you want to RP something more mature with another person, please talk it through and PMs and take it off board!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Rules! Empty Re: Roleplay Rules!

Post by Arnold's Love Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Oh, this is great! I was going by what I'd read online but wasn't sure since I'm new to all this, so thanks for posting!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down