The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!! Thoughts and favourites?

4 posters

Go down

Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!!  Thoughts and favourites? Empty Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!! Thoughts and favourites?

Post by AlainRacette Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:20 am

After several months of waiting with baited breath, the first volume was dropped a couple of days ago: https://sites.google.com/site/thepatakipress/the-zine.  You can view it in your browser or download the PDF!

First of all, I especially want to thank Arnold's Love and The Arnold Waltz for doing such a fantastic job on getting it all together.  It's such a great idea to come up with a volume to put work in and it's a sample of what's to come in the future, I'm sure Smile

And also, thanks to the rest of the contributors for making it all possible!  Rock on!

Post your three favourite submissions and your thoughts on them Smile

1)  Sunset Outrun by Zeether. Love the old video game Outrun!  The title is also all kinds of kickass - Sunset Outrun sounds like the name of a 90s action anime or something.

2)  Countdown by the Arnold Waltz.  Such a cute story that I'm sure we can all relate to at some point, especially with the symbolic start of a new year and things to look forward to, goals to acheive and so on.  LOVE the back forth between Helga and Arnold and it's a nice to have each character on opposite sides of the page column.  Nice touch!

3)  Reckless Love by Arnold's Love.  Not too often we see a graceful side to such a brash character, but it's so nice to see a side of Helga we almost never get to see.  Underneath that gruff exterior is grace and kindness... and we see that in this particular piece of art Smile

Feel free to comment, since I don't see a topic about the Pataki Press yet after its release Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!!  Thoughts and favourites? Empty Re: Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!! Thoughts and favourites?

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:04 pm

1) Hearts In Sync I love Mony's art style. She makes the characters her own but they're still very obviously Arnold and Helga and it's awesome

2) Arnold's Love's Reckless Love drawing is amazing. I just love the pose and how it looks like Helga is actually enjoying herself

3) Marie Allen "Intuition" that was just so sweet. I like the idea of Helga bonding with Abner. It's just too cute!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!!  Thoughts and favourites? Empty Re: Pataki Press Volume 1 is out!!! Thoughts and favourites?

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Ooh I'm glad you guys liked it! Hopefully for the next one we get even more participation!

And I'm honored and excited that you both loved my drawing! <3 <3 <3 <3 Thank you!

I'll have to ponder my top three faves and get back to you!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Ooh I'm glad you guys liked it! Hopefully for the next one we get even more participation!

And I'm honored and excited that you both loved my drawing! <3 <3 <3 <3 Thank you!

I'll have to ponder my top three faves and get back to you!

Looking forward to seeing your top three picks! Is it safe to say the first volume was a success, given how small the online HA community is?
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theArnoldWaltz Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:28 pm

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed the first issue! I definitely think it was a success. We are accepting submissions for the second issue now! There is one month left to submit. Please send us something awesome! See instructions for submitting here: https://sites.google.com/site/thepatakipress/submission-guidelines
theArnoldWaltz
theArnoldWaltz

http://thearnoldwaltz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down