The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanprojects - "A Master List"

+5
Perhapsormaybe
Arnold's Love
Jfgoofy
Rainbowraider
LeSkuh
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fanprojects - "A Master List" Empty Fanprojects - "A Master List"

Post by LeSkuh Tue May 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Our fandom houses a ton of creative people who have, over the years, kept the love of Hey Arnold! going strong.  I'm going to attempt to collect links to all of the past and present fan made projects, along with brief descriptions of what they are.

CURRENT/ONGOING

COMPLETED

UNFINISHED

• HA-Rewatch
    A small discussion group dedicated to rewatching episodes once a week and then discussing them.

• HA-Collab
    A crossover collaboration comic that never got much traction.

• The HA! 6th Season Project
    The result of an attempt at a fan collaborated 6th season comic.

• The Patakis - PLEASE BE CAREFUL SITE IS BUGGY!
    A VERY old website hosting both art and fiction of "episodic" stories for a fan created "The Patakis"

• Footballhead! The Musical
    An attempt at a musical based on Hey Arnold!

• Hey Arnold Hey!
    A recent blog that appears to be critically examining HA! episodes.

LIVEJOURNAL PROJECTS

EPISODE PICSPAMS
Commentary under captions both summarizing and jabbing fun at episodes of Hey Arnold!

VIDEOS

RP TUMBLRS

Last edited by LeSkuh on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 6 times in total
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Fanprojects - "A Master List" Empty Re: Fanprojects - "A Master List"

Post by LeSkuh Tue May 24, 2016 4:01 pm

shoot, posted early! Feel free to poke around the links, but I will be editing the top post to put a few more projects up and add descriptions!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Tue May 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Done for now! If you guys can think of anything I missed that should be added to the list, please let me know!!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider Tue May 24, 2016 5:22 pm

In the video category, there's "The Legend of Stoop Kid", which is basically a live action version of the Stoop Kid episode: https://youtu.be/E-yGRH_E2KA

"Hey Arnold - 3D Bedroom Journey":
https://youtu.be/TocQ7O2yOO0

Reminds me, has anyone created the HA neighborhood in other mediums, like in Minecraft, Sims, ect? I do have a Hey Arnold themed town in AC: New Leaf but it's a bit limited in how much I can do. If you're interested, here's the post with some pictures:

http://sidgifaldi.tumblr.com/post/134735742143/arnolds-and-helgas-house-from-the-town-i-made-in
http://sidgifaldi.tumblr.com/post/134737196643/and-this-is-sids-house-it-acts-as-the-towns
Rainbowraider
Rainbowraider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue May 24, 2016 6:35 pm

I really like all of these (Although the parody trailer, I don't care about it)! I have seen the live journals before and I really like em! I really love the Cheese Festival, 187footballheads (I was surprised that John Blintz who created this blog is an actual cartoonist) and the analysis blogs. It's kind of sad the rewatch thing hasn't been active, I think it should be revisted sometime (or maybe even start over as things change) and it's even more sad that the season 6 project didn't last that long and it's very incomplete (I don't think a single fan-episode was completed) and it will most likely never come back as TJM is finally happening, but it'd be pretty nice to see it come back as a full project. I really love your live journal art btw!

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue May 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. This is sooo fabulous!! I only knew about a few of these...mostly because I'm involved, but dang, HA! fans be talented!! Wowzers!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue May 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:Oh. My. Gosh.  This is sooo fabulous!!  I only knew about a few of these...mostly because I'm involved, but dang, HA! fans be talented!!  Wowzers!

I'm surprised the fanzine you work on (It must be very fun) isn't mentioned. I would like to see it once the first issue is finished, I think it would look pretty great.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue May 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:Oh. My. Gosh.  This is sooo fabulous!!  I only knew about a few of these...mostly because I'm involved, but dang, HA! fans be talented!!  Wowzers!

I'm surprised the fanzine you work on (It must be very fun) isn't mentioned. I would like to see it once the first issue is finished, I think it would look pretty great.

It's mentioned up there at the top (The Pataki Press) :-)  Or I would have made sure she mentioned it.  Hopefully it takes hold. We have some sweet plans :-)

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Oh I didn't notice it! My bad XD
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Tue May 24, 2016 10:17 pm

The Pataki Press going up is finally what inspired me to get off my butt and make up this list! I thought it'd be nice to have a good reference since this fandom is SO good at creating fan works. Honestly, I know there's at least one diorama contest on the Facebook that i'd like to have a link for, but the save TJM Facebook is a little too messy for me to try wading through right now.

I'm actually working on my art piece for The PP RIGHT NOWWWWW. I'm trying to get ahead of the curve since I've got A LOT of creating to do for July!!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Tue May 24, 2016 10:20 pm

LeSkuh wrote:The Pataki Press going up is finally what inspired me to get off my butt and make up this list!  I thought it'd be nice to have a good reference since this fandom is SO good at creating fan works.  Honestly, I know there's at least one diorama contest on the Facebook that i'd like to have a link for, but the save TJM Facebook is a little too messy for me to try wading through right now.

I'm actually working on my art piece for The PP RIGHT NOWWWWW.  I'm trying to get ahead of the curve since I've got A LOT of creating to do for July!!

I really hope it doesn't become too stressful for you. I'll be excited to see your art piece for the Pataki Press and the first issue as well!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue May 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Excellent list!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed May 25, 2016 12:45 pm

LeSkuh wrote:The Pataki Press going up is finally what inspired me to get off my butt and make up this list!  I thought it'd be nice to have a good reference since this fandom is SO good at creating fan works.  Honestly, I know there's at least one diorama contest on the Facebook that i'd like to have a link for, but the save TJM Facebook is a little too messy for me to try wading through right now.

I'm actually working on my art piece for The PP RIGHT NOWWWWW.  I'm trying to get ahead of the curve since I've got A LOT of creating to do for July!!

Aw, that makes me sooooo happy! And excited to see what you come up with! Hopefully you are able to finish it without things getting too stressful!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Thank you so much for putting this up. I'm so new to fandom's in general (this forum is the first time I've ever done anything besides look at fanart and watch fanvideos) that it would have taken me ages to ever find out about any of these.
And it's (the list) is organized in a way that makes sense so newbs like me can navigate it.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 pm

I'd like to do another one for good HA! reference websites, but I guess we're probably just down to Hey-Arnold.com and the wiki. There's also at least 2 active Hey Arnold fan communities for art on Deviantart still. And a good handful of HA! tumblrs, including a couple fantastic RP tumblrs.

I have been in this fandom since a little before the first movie aired (though I lurked for like the first 3 years) and have seen a lot of great stuff come and go and I'm usually very good at remembering a lot of it. I also love having an archive of information for myself. There's a part of me that really wants to write a book or timeline of the fandom, because I'm so weeeeird.

Like, way back in the day there were a couple of websites running under the name Gerald Field and they were all SO GOOD. Nadine's place had a lot of art, the main Gerald Field site had a lot of great references and hosted a good spattering of fanfic too. And Megawacky Max! He had a bunch of fics and animations and I THINK he was the one who had the first sighting of a possible canon teen Helga design because it aired as a promo on Mexico's Nick station.

No wait... it was the other guy.... oh man I forget his deviant art name. I know I'm just rambling, but this is going to bug me!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:38 pm

LeSkuh wrote:I'd like to do another one for good HA! reference websites, but I guess we're probably just down to Hey-Arnold.com and the wiki.  There's also at least 2 active Hey Arnold fan communities for art on Deviantart still.  And a good handful of HA! tumblrs, including a couple fantastic RP tumblrs.

I have been in this fandom since a little before the first movie aired (though I lurked for like the first 3 years) and have seen a lot of great stuff come and go and I'm usually very good at remembering a lot of it.  I also love having an archive of information for myself.  There's a part of me that really wants to write a book or timeline of the fandom, because I'm so weeeeird.

Like, way back in the day there were a couple of websites running under the name Gerald Field and they were all SO GOOD.  Nadine's place had a lot of art, the main Gerald Field site had a lot of great references and hosted a good spattering of fanfic too.  And Megawacky Max!  He had a bunch of fics and animations and I THINK he was the one who had the first sighting of a possible canon teen Helga design because it aired as a promo on Mexico's Nick station.

No wait... it was the other guy.... oh man I forget his deviant art name.  I know I'm just rambling, but this is going to bug me!

Ooh you should!!! I'd read it!! Do it!!

And I remember Gerald's Field and all those other ones...I had some fan art and fan fics on Gerald's field and Nadine's place...so in a way I'm glad they are gone hahaha since I was like 13 and they were probably awful! But I do miss those sites! They were wonderful! I remember one fanfic I read probably on Gerald's field that was a crossover with something I don't even remember and I remember thinking that it was the most amazing thing I'd ever read Laughing Good ol' days.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 pm

LeSkuh wrote:I'd like to do another one for good HA! reference websites, but I guess we're probably just down to Hey-Arnold.com and the wiki.  There's also at least 2 active Hey Arnold fan communities for art on Deviantart still.  And a good handful of HA! tumblrs, including a couple fantastic RP tumblrs.

I have been in this fandom since a little before the first movie aired (though I lurked for like the first 3 years) and have seen a lot of great stuff come and go and I'm usually very good at remembering a lot of it.  I also love having an archive of information for myself.  There's a part of me that really wants to write a book or timeline of the fandom, because I'm so weeeeird.

Like, way back in the day there were a couple of websites running under the name Gerald Field and they were all SO GOOD.  Nadine's place had a lot of art, the main Gerald Field site had a lot of great references and hosted a good spattering of fanfic too.  And Megawacky Max!  He had a bunch of fics and animations and I THINK he was the one who had the first sighting of a possible canon teen Helga design because it aired as a promo on Mexico's Nick station.

No wait... it was the other guy.... oh man I forget his deviant art name.  I know I'm just rambling, but this is going to bug me!

Oh my gosh, YES!
You need to write that!
Shoot, I'LL end up doing it if you don't. JK It's your idea. But seriously if I'm like in my seventies and you haven't written it yet I'm gonna
Such a good idea.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 pm

I really like Nadine's Place! I really want to check out Gerald Field (is there a link for it?)! I think I have seen the teen Helga before but it was only once I believe (Was it for The Patakis or something?). I remember going on this one site on tripod, unfortunately I have forgot about it (I told zeether about it, at least a few months ago but it was on a reblogged post when he was talking about the old fan sites which included Nadine's Place. So of course it is gone, as I deleted it and I think it was because I could have told him about it privately).

Thanks for sharing all this great info!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Gerald Field is super gone, but can be seen on the wayback machine.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20021129034309/http://www.geraldfield.com/

I got it a bit mixed.  The unofficial Hey Arnold site that is linked on the geraldfield page is the good information resource.  Kim Burk was FANTASTIC.  Super helpful and friendly and incredibly informative.  I think she actually had some communication with Craig Bartlett in the past, but I'm not 100% sure.

I dug around for the teen Helga design, but I actually think what we all thought was a teen Helga design was actually her outfit in this promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0G-vs0uzI

If any of you guys EVER have specific questions about anything older in the fandom definitely hit me up (or Zeether if he's cool with that).
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:31 pm

LeSkuh wrote:Gerald Field is super gone, but can be seen on the wayback machine.  

I got it a bit mixed.  The unofficial Hey Arnold site that is linked on the geraldfield page is the good information resource.  Kim Burk was FANTASTIC.  Super helpful and friendly and incredibly informative.  I think she actually had some communication with Craig Bartlett in the past, but I'm not 100% sure.

I dug around for the teen Helga design, but I actually think what we all thought was a teen Helga design was actually her outfit in this promo:

If any of you guys EVER have specific questions about anything older in the fandom definitely hit me up (or Zeether if he's cool with that).

Thank you! It's kind of a shame that misinformation from a promo can make people think it's from a cancelled spin off, oh well. I really like Helga's and Arnold's outfits a bit, I guess Helga could have worn something like that in the Patakis. It's sad that we don't have any designs or concept art for the Patakis and we have all of this amazing speculated fan art (and fanfics), perhaps that one drawing by CTW36 is a likely design (I really love their HA artwork), but then again it's all speculation. I think Aibou-ftw's Helga design is also another likely design. I am 60% sure that there isn't concept art for the Patakis, but I don't know (most people associate the fan speculated fanart as the possible designs of what the characters, mainly Helga, would have looked like), I think all we have of the Patakis is only the plans for the show that were mentioned by Craig over the past decade. I really hope that if TJM is successful enough after its development hell, the Patakis will finally come up as well.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I've mentioned that I looked at the old Arnold forum (the one Kim Burk had) on Wayback Machine but a lot of the threads aren't archived. There were some though that Craig himself posted (he even responded to a fan who asked a question about the movie).

I remember one fan comic from waaaay back that was manga style and had Helga musing about Arnold and then getting mad about Lila, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 am

Wow that tumblr post about the promo got popular really fast!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
LeSkuh wrote:Gerald Field is super gone, but can be seen on the wayback machine.  

Thank you! It's kind of a shame that misinformation from a promo can make people think it's from a cancelled spin off, oh well. I really like Helga's and Arnold's outfits a bit, I guess Helga could have worn something like that in the Patakis. It's sad that we don't have any designs or concept art for the Patakis and we have all of this amazing speculated fan art (and fanfics), perhaps that one drawing by CTW36 is a likely design (I really love their HA artwork), but then again it's all speculation. I think Aibou-ftw's Helga design is also another likely design. I am 60% sure that there isn't concept art for the Patakis, but I don't know (most people associate the fan speculated fanart as the possible designs of what the characters, mainly Helga, would have looked like), I think all we have of the Patakis is only the plans for the show that were mentioned by Craig over the past decade. I really hope that if TJM is successful enough after its development hell, the Patakis will finally come up as well.

Besides FINALLY getting closure with knowing the fate of Arnold's parents after he found the map (and ending HA! properly), I will honestly die a happy man if we get The Patakis.  I want to see what exactly Craig had in mind with his spinoff.  We all know HA! pushed the emotional envelope for childrens programming... I think the Patakis can push it further with an adolescent and adult audience, and I mean REALLY push for even more emotional realism.  I'm sick and tired of "mature" cartoons being all about cursing, vulgar humour and making offensive, mean-spirited jokes.  To me, a proper "mature" cartoon should tackle as many significant serious emotional issues as possible - "adult cartoon" isn't just four-letter words and foul mouths.  The Patakis can really go places that no show I can think of has dared. Who's with me on this?
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:

Besides FINALLY getting closure with knowing the fate of Arnold's parents after he found the map (and ending HA! properly), I will honestly die a happy man if we get The Patakis.  I want to see what exactly Craig had in mind with his spinoff.  We all know HA! pushed the emotional envelope for childrens programming... I think the Patakis can push it further with an adolescent and adult audience, and I mean REALLY push for even more emotional realism.  I'm sick and tired of "mature" cartoons being all about cursing, vulgar humour and making offensive, mean-spirited jokes.  To me, a proper "mature" cartoon should tackle as many significant serious emotional issues as possible - "adult cartoon" isn't just about being as foul as possible.  The Patakis can really go places that no show I can think of has dared.  Who's with me on this?

Last edited by AlainRacette on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:11 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:

Besides FINALLY getting closure with knowing the fate of Arnold's parents after he found the map (and ending HA! properly), I will honestly die a happy man if we get The Patakis.  I want to see what exactly Craig had in mind with his spinoff.  We all know HA! pushed the emotional envelope for childrens programming... I think the Patakis can push it further with an adolescent and adult audience, and I mean REALLY push for even more emotional realism.  I'm sick and tired of "mature" cartoons being all about cursing, vulgar humour and making offensive, mean-spirited jokes.  To me, a proper "mature" cartoon should tackle as many significant serious emotional issues as possible - "adult cartoon" isn't just four-letter words and foul mouths.  The Patakis can really go places that no show I can think of has dared.  Who's with me on this?

I totally agree with you!!!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next