The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanprojects - "A Master List"

+5
Perhapsormaybe
Arnold's Love
Jfgoofy
Rainbowraider
LeSkuh
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fanprojects - "A Master List" - Page 2 Empty Re: Fanprojects - "A Master List"

Post by LeSkuh Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:16 pm

I don't think the Patakis will happen and I'm okay with that?

1) Nick does not have anything resembling Adult Swim and I feel like the Patakis would touch on mature subjects that primetime Nick is never going to want to touch.

2) I don't have anything official to point to, but I do know that Craig likes the Patakis in theory but that he kind of wasn't really that interested in a tv show without Arnold in it. Which is actually the same POV I have - I love the Patakis as an idea and it's totally my accepted canon that Arnold moves away, HOWEVER I'm just not interested in actually watching a whole show about life without Arnold. I would be interested in it in comic format though!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 pm

LeSkuh wrote:I don't think the Patakis will happen and I'm okay with that?

1) Nick does not have anything resembling Adult Swim and I feel like the Patakis would touch on mature subjects that primetime Nick is never going to want to touch.

2) I don't have anything official to point to, but I do know that Craig likes the Patakis in theory but that he kind of wasn't really that interested in a tv show without Arnold in it.  Which is actually the same POV I have - I love the Patakis as an idea and it's totally my accepted canon that Arnold moves away, HOWEVER I'm just not interested in actually watching a whole show about life without Arnold.  I would be interested in it in comic format though!

I think that will work better actually. I'm cool with your opinion!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 pm

2) I don't have anything official to point to, but I do know that Craig likes the Patakis in theory but that he kind of wasn't really that interested in a tv show without Arnold in it.  Which is actually the same POV I have - I love the Patakis as an idea and it's totally my accepted canon that Arnold moves away, HOWEVER I'm just not interested in actually watching a whole show about life without Arnold.  I would be interested in it in comic format though!

I'm okay if The Patakis never gets made too, because I also think it's doubtful... for the exact reason you mentioned. Its content may not get approved for being on air on Nick (even in primetime) and if it is put on during primetime, there's a good chance it will get crushed (and thus overlooked) by heavy hitters like the Simpsons and Family Guy. It's in that weird middle-ground of being too mature for kids programming but not quite "adult" enough for primetime... and of course, if the vulgarity of primetime cartoons is any indication, that just means a ton of offensive jokes. The show would pack enough of an emotional punch - while remaining tasteful - to be worthy of at least a pilot just to see something.

Not having Arnold around would suck though... maybe Craig would change his mind on that? Razz If anything, I would like to at least see a 20-minute pilot of the Patakis even if it is never greenlit.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:24 pm

AlainRacette wrote:

I'm okay if The Patakis never gets made too, because I also think it's doubtful... for the exact reason you mentioned.  Its content may not get approved for being on air on Nick (even in primetime) and if it is put on during primetime, there's a good chance it will get crushed (and thus overlooked) by heavy hitters like the Simpsons and Family Guy.  It's in that weird middle-ground of being too mature for kids programming but not quite "adult" enough for primetime... and of course, if the vulgarity of primetime cartoons is any indication, that just means a ton of offensive jokes.  The show would pack enough of an emotional punch - while remaining tasteful - to be worthy of at least a pilot just to see something.  Wishful thinking!  bounce

Not having Arnold around would suck though... maybe Craig would change his mind on that? Razz  If anything, I would like to at least see a 20-minute pilot of the Patakis even if it is never greenlit.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 pm

AlainRacette wrote:

I'm okay if The Patakis never gets made too, because I also think it's doubtful... for the exact reason you mentioned.  Its content may not get approved for being on air on Nick (even in primetime) and if it is put on during primetime, there's a good chance it will get crushed (and thus overlooked) by heavy hitters like the Simpsons and Family Guy.  It's in that weird middle-ground of being too mature for kids programming but not quite "adult" enough for primetime... and of course, if the vulgarity of primetime cartoons is any indication, that just means a ton of offensive jokes.  The show would pack enough of an emotional punch - while remaining tasteful - to be worthy of at least a pilot just to see something.

Not having Arnold around would suck though... maybe Craig would change his mind on that? Razz  If anything, I would like to at least see a 20-minute pilot of the Patakis even if it is never greenlit.

Yeah it would suck (although if it were actually made, I think Arnold would be in the series finale or something). I also think it'd be nice to see a non-greenlit pilot/short film to depict what would have happened if it were made (or it could work as a miniseries like Over the Garden Wall, but that will doubtful as well) I think another reason why it would never happen was because of *gulp* R&S: Adult Party Cartoon.. I still really love the fanart and fanfics of what it could have been like.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:

I'm okay if The Patakis never gets made too, because I also think it's doubtful... for the exact reason you mentioned.  Its content may not get approved for being on air on Nick (even in primetime) and if it is put on during primetime, there's a good chance it will get crushed (and thus overlooked) by heavy hitters like the Simpsons and Family Guy.  It's in that weird middle-ground of being too mature for kids programming but not quite "adult" enough for primetime... and of course, if the vulgarity of primetime cartoons is any indication, that just means a ton of offensive jokes.  The show would pack enough of an emotional punch - while remaining tasteful - to be worthy of at least a pilot just to see something.

Yeah it would suck (although if it were actually made, I think Arnold would be in the series finale or something). I also think it'd be nice to see a non-greenlit pilot/short film to depict what would have happened if it were made (or it could work as a miniseries like Over the Garden Wall, but that will doubtful as well) I think another reason why it would never happen was because of *gulp* R&S: Adult Party Cartoon.. I still really love the fanart and fanfics of what it could have been like.

Oh dear God, why did you have to mention that abomination?! LOL affraid Just because a show would be more "adult" oriented doesn't mean it has to be balls-to-the-wall gross like Adult Party Cartoon was. Delving deeper into the reasons for Miriam's alcoholism, for example, would be a fantastic "adult" episode... a lot of people think that "adult" has to be all about swearing like sailors, being excessively violent or making off-colour remarks... treating a serious subject like that with the proper emotional respect would be an example of the hard-hitting content the Patakis has the potential to do. And you don't need to cut someone's head off or cut away to Conway Twitty to make up for a lack of good writing to make decent drama happen.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:

Oh dear God, why did you have to mention that abomination?! LOL affraid  Just because a show would be more "adult" oriented doesn't mean it has to be balls-to-the-wall gross like Adult Party Cartoon was.  Delving deeper into the reasons for Miriam's alcoholism, for example, would be a fantastic "adult" episode... a lot of people think that "adult" has to be all about swearing like sailors, being excessively violent or making off-colour remarks... treating a serious subject like that with the proper emotional respect would be an example of the hard-hitting content the Patakis has the potential to do.  And you don't need to cut someone's head off or cut away to Conway Twitty to make up for a lack of good writing to make decent drama happen.

What I was saying is that it was Viacom's attempt to make a "mature" (in a loose term) show based on one of their shows on Nick and it was an abomination (of course) and I think it was a reason why the Patakis could not happen (I'M SORRY FOR BRINGING IT UP). Sad

Like I said I totally agree with you. Like I really wonder how Miriam became an alcoholic (like you said) and Big Bob's past (like he started off good, but something happened in his life which caused him to be an asshole, like he could have had a much MUCH MORE dysfunctional/bad family than the one he has with Helga), also it could probably show more of the other teens (Gerald, Phoebe, Harold, Sid, etc), since Arnold is gone, and I think it would be great to show their lives after the events of "Hey Arnold!". Those would be interesting topics and truly fit the "adult" animated show unlike the R&S: Adult Party Cartoon, which is truly an absolute disgrace.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:

Oh dear God, why did you have to mention that abomination?! LOL affraid  Just because a show would be more "adult" oriented doesn't mean it has to be balls-to-the-wall gross like Adult Party Cartoon was.  Delving deeper into the reasons for Miriam's alcoholism, for example, would be a fantastic "adult" episode... a lot of people think that "adult" has to be all about swearing like sailors, being excessively violent or making off-colour remarks... treating a serious subject like that with the proper emotional respect would be an example of the hard-hitting content the Patakis has the potential to do.  And you don't need to cut someone's head off or cut away to Conway Twitty to make up for a lack of good writing to make decent drama happen.

What I was saying is that it was Viacom's attempt to make a "mature" (in a loose term) show based on one of their shows on Nick and it was an abomination (of course) and I think it was a reason why the Patakis could not happen (I'M SORRY FOR BRINGING IT UP). Sad

Like I said I totally agree with you. Like I really wonder how Miriam became an alcoholic (like you said) and Big Bob's past (like he started off good, but something happened in his life which caused him to be an asshole, like he could have had a much MUCH MORE dysfunctional/bad family than the one he has with Helga), also it could probably show more of the other teens (Gerald, Phoebe, Harold, Sid, etc), since Arnold is gone, and I think it would be great to show their lives after the events of "Hey Arnold!". Those would be interesting topics and truly fit the "adult" animated show unlike the R&S: Adult Party Cartoon, which is truly an absolute disgrace.

It's all good - the sooner the world is scrubbed clean of Adult Party Cartoon, the better lol.

I wish Hey Arnold touched a bit more on Big Bob... there is definitely a good guy at heart underneath all that gruff. In my head, maybe when he was a kid he was pressured to succeed like Olga (and he did since his beeper business is chugging along) and those ingrained habits and insecurities at "having to be the best" have rubbed off on his first child. Maybe all the time he spends with business is to hide the fact that he is ashamed at not really knowing how to be a better family man, since succeeding at business is all he has ever known? As far as Bob is concerned, the Patakis IS the Beeper Emporium - and if that's doing well, so is his family... at least on the surface, since he knows at heart it's falling apart at the seams. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to correct it so he's sticking with what he is actually good at - selling beepers - and hoping it rubs off on his family.

I know that Bob can be a real jerk sometimes but I don't think he's as bad as some fans make him out to be. There are VERY few people that irredeemable degenerates... and I honestly don't think Bob is a bad man whatsoever. Just misguided and (in my head) a product of a demanding family himself that has rubbed off on his own whether he wanted it to or not.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:13 pm

EDIT: A cleaner version without all the quotes. Ignore my previous mistakes up top - it's been a while since I've been on forums lol

I wish Hey Arnold touched a bit more on Big Bob... there is definitely a good guy at heart underneath all that gruff.  In my head, maybe when he was a kid he was pressured to succeed like Olga (and he did since his beeper business is chugging along) and those ingrained habits and insecurities at "having to be the best" have rubbed off on his first child.  Maybe all the time he spends with business is to hide the fact that he is ashamed at not really knowing how to be a better family man, since succeeding at business is all he has ever known?  As far as Bob is concerned, the Patakis IS the Beeper Emporium - and if that's doing well, so is his family... at least on the surface, since he knows at heart it's falling apart at the seams.  Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to correct it so he's sticking with what he is actually good at - selling beepers - and hoping it rubs off on his family.  He definitely came from a home where he wasn't shown any affection or praise... he was from a "tough love" household where no one hugged or kissed their kids.

I know that Bob can be a real jerk sometimes but I don't think he's as bad as some fans make him out to be.  There are VERY few people that irredeemable degenerates... and I honestly don't think Bob is a bad man whatsoever.  Just misguided and (in my head) a product of a demanding family himself that has rubbed off on his own whether he wanted it to or not.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbowraider Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 am

I agree with LeSkuh. I think a graphic novel/series would be the best next thing since the Patakis is unlikely to air. The Avatar series has a successful comic series and Legend of Korra is having one as well, which gave it a chance to explore ideas that the creators couldn't do in the show. Plus I've read quite a number of comics in the past that had an emotional impact and I'm confident that Craig and other writers would be able to give a comic series the same quality that the show did.
Rainbowraider
Rainbowraider

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:53 am

Just took a gander at some of the submissions for The Pataki Press! Awesome stuff, guys!! I'm loving it all!
Everyone else, don't be shy and send in your submissions! :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 pm

How is it looking for submissions, Arnolds Love? I can definitely contribute more if you'd like me to - I just don't want to be greedy lol
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:32 pm

AlainRacette wrote:How is it looking for submissions, Arnolds Love?  I can definitely contribute more if you'd like me to - I just don't want to be greedy lol

We've only gotten a few so far, so I'm not really sure what the final amount will be. But we'd love lots of submissions, so go for it! We never discussed like a limit per person or anything. I don't think it matters too much, especially for this first issue. I think we'd rather just have lots of material to put in it so it can be a success. :-) So send away and we'll go from there! :-) I'm glad you guys are interested in participating! Spread the word!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:How is it looking for submissions, Arnolds Love?  I can definitely contribute more if you'd like me to - I just don't want to be greedy lol

We've only gotten a few so far, so I'm not really sure what the final amount will be.  But we'd love lots of submissions, so go for it!  We never discussed like a limit per person or anything. I don't think it matters too much, especially for this first issue.  I think we'd rather just have lots of material to put in it so it can be a success. :-)  So send away and we'll go from there! :-)  I'm glad you guys are interested in participating!  Spread the word!  

Sounds good Smile I'll try my best to spread the word!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theArnoldWaltz Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 pm

The deadline for the Pataki Press fanzine is coming up soon! (July 31)

Submission guidelines are here: https://sites.google.com/site/thepatakipress/submission-guidelines

If you’re not sure whether you’re submission will work, you can email thepatakipress@gmail.com.
theArnoldWaltz
theArnoldWaltz

http://thearnoldwaltz.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for posting the deadline Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Has anyone seen this Block a Palooza thing?

http://blockapalooza.tumblr.com/prompts
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

I saw it!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Yay, another tumblr submission-fest Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 pm

I have! I need to update this list with it. I did add a few RP tumblrs to the original list as well as some of the videos someone mentioned earlier on.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Has anyone seen this Block a Palooza thing?

http://blockapalooza.tumblr.com/prompts

We thought Shortaki Week wasn't enough...and wanted to celebrate all the characters!! Who's excited??? Very Happy
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 am

ME!!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Updated the list today. Moved some stuff around and added some stuff!

My next goal is to catalog all of the HA! tumblrs out there and probably try and find links to the few fan sites that still exist.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Don't forget that Blockapalooza started today!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2