The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

+10
Nairobi-Harper
Lachesism
Mony
LuiThe2nd
Perhapsormaybe
AlainRacette
Jfgoofy
Marie Allen
Zeether
Haruko693
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016 - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Do we have footage of the panel yet?
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016 - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

Post by LuiThe2nd Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:51 pm

AlainRacette wrote:Do we have footage of the panel yet?

I was hoping it would be out by now... Usually people in the audience upload panels on YouTube...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:52 pm

AlainRacette wrote:Do we have footage of the panel yet?

I really want to know that!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:Alright (yeah I know I'm double posting sorry) so I was looking back at criminy's artwork and I really think she probably did the drawing and probably a tribute. But if it isn't them or if it is meant as a tribute to Limey's artwork, then Nickelodeon is a gigantic hypocrite in copyright law.

Criminy/Jay is not involved in production at this point. They had nothing to do with that set design.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 pm

So I guess Limey's work is canon to the HA! Universe, or at least that's how think Nickelodean is viewing it...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

LeSkuh wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:Alright (yeah I know I'm double posting sorry) so I was looking back at criminy's artwork and I really think she probably did the drawing and probably a tribute. But if it isn't them or if it is meant as a tribute to Limey's artwork, then Nickelodeon is a gigantic hypocrite in copyright law.

Criminy/Jay is not involved in production at this point.  They had nothing to do with that set design.

Oh, well... that sucks. Look I wasn't trying to sound rude and mean or anything, but I was thinking it was them for some reason (probably because of the art style), I think I'm probably mad now (not about Criminy/Jay of course because I think they are a really wonderful person and heck their art is just wonderful, like REALLY WONDERFUL), because of what the "plagiarist" (I'm putting it in quotes because I really hope this wasn't plagiarized and that it was a tribute to it, but yeah, stealing or modeleing a drawing after someone's fanart WITHOUT PERMISSION really is a big deal, and it's unfortunate that many people get away with it).

At this point I think Nickelodeon is a GIGANTIC HYPOCRITE!!!! Because they copyright claim videos on Youtube involving their work, such as YouTube Poops and Reviews/Rants (all of these are fair use) and now they are presumably (then again some dumb Nick employee could have gotten the pic while typing up Hey Arnold on google pics and found well... the fanart that was stolen and pasted/miscredited/plagiarized onto some internet article) stealing other people's fanart (which is NOT fair use), and now I feel really REALLY BAD for Limey at this point. Like I initially thought this was done by Jay as a tribute or something at first, but now that I know that they didn't do it, I feel really upset!!!

I need to calm down...

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Yeah, it's messed up. My guess? Some set designers were given that image to use as a reference for the set piece by execs or someone who thought it was official art. I doubt it was intentionally malicious, but it's really messed up that so many wires got crossed and Limey's piece has been very much officially stolen and ripped off.

It's a testament to Limey's amazing skills to nail down/replicate a style, but it's very frustrating to see her work being toted around like it belongs to everyone else and she'll never see a dime for her beautiful labor of love.

Also, I know 100% it's not Jay for a number of reasons, but it never would have been because Jay would know better than to blatantly rip off another fan's work even as a 'tribute'.

You're not being rude! It's super messed up.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:55 pm

I know it's super messed up. Like I personally blame etonline(dot)com for this because they used that stolen fanart in that viral (And yes I mean VIRAL, but not gigantic, but still) article they made which can be found here http://www.etonline.com/news/176825_the_voice_of_hey_arnold_is_super_hot_now/ and YOU KNOW WHAT'S WORSE? THEY CREDITED THE DRAWING BEING OWNED.... BY VIACOM DESPITE LIMEY'S F***ING SIGNATURE SHOWING ALONG WITH THE DATE!!! >Sad And yes I believe this picture got even more well known (in infamy due to how much the picture has been copied and pasted by really STUPID journalists without even knowing that it's fanart even with the hints). Also I tried to tell Jim Gisriel on tumblr (I went anon btw) to credit Limey in this video he made (which I personally think is a pretty interesting video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82-TTP4S3k4 because he got the picture from the article (from what I believe because the stolen miscredited drawing from the article was put in a different filter) and he didn't do anything about it!! Sad I'm just really upset.

I think the wiki could partially be to blame, because it had the picture up on the "Characters" page since 2013 and it didn't credit Limey and all it said was "Arnold and his classmates" or something like that and I later credited Limey on it's description (A few months ago I believe) but of course it's unfortunately too late Sad
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 pm

It is messed up, but I saw a post on tumblr from Limey basically shrugging it off and saying it was kind of flattering. I think she's tired of trying to fight it. Really they should have just sought her out and hired her at this point.

Has the panel officially happened then?
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:25 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:It is messed up, but I saw a post on tumblr from Limey basically shrugging it off and saying it was kind of flattering. I think she's tired of trying to fight it. Really they should have just sought her out and hired her at this point.

Has the panel officially happened then?

It already happened, and yeah I saw that post as well. I think getting her permission would have been the correct way to do, but since her drawing has been copied and pasted all over the internet and infamously miscredited to Viacom and Nick (and I think TeenNick actually used her drawing as well, although I am not sure how legit the picture is, all it shows is her picture and the TeenNick logo on the bottom right) but like I said getting her permission would most certainly be the best choice to do! So yes I really agree with your statement.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Criminy Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Hey! Yeah, this is Jay. Definitely did not take part in designing that set. I think it's a shame and it's totally uncool for Viacom to say nothing about it...Lots of companies like CN pull this kind of stuff w fanart and its disconcerting. Hope every company can learn to be better than this...

Criminy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Thats very unfortunte, criminy. Shame on viacom. Makes me wonder if the people who were given the design to make the set even knew it wasnt official art.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:07 pm

I know that person on tumblr (they are following me on both my tumblr and IG but I don't really care) and to be honest I really hope it isn't leaked.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko693 Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Whats the persons tumblr name?

Haruko693

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:14 pm

It is pammalfoy(dot)tumblr(dot)com. I mean I don't know if we should talk with them and I am pretty sure they didn't leak it, because they didn't post any leaked stuff before and the stuff about TJM is coming from social media, so I HOPE that this isn't leaked.

EDIT: ALRIGHT FALSE ALARM!!!! It is actually from the Hey Arnold Facebook page. I was actually quite worried for like 10 minutes, but at least we know now.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko693 Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:36 pm

so its offical! i wonder if they will show more storyboard arts that was shown at the panel.

Haruko693

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm

Yep I believe so! I hope so too.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 am

Criminy wrote:Hey! Yeah, this is Jay. Definitely did not take part in designing that set. I think it's a shame and it's totally uncool for Viacom to say nothing about it...Lots of companies like CN pull this kind of stuff w fanart and its disconcerting. Hope every company can learn to be better than this...

Welcome back and I'm really sorry to hear about that, and yeah I'm very mad now about the whole situation. It's a pretty shameful thing companies do (I never knew that CN did this as well) and they always get away with it. Sad Anyways I am extremely sorry that I thought you made that controversial thing.

Alain I have the exact same thoughts as you. It really does suck that Limey's drawing has been stolen, shared and edited around on the internet that now it is believed to be official art even though it's very obvious that it isn't. I wonder if any of the crew or cast members know that this is fanart.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:28 am

Craig gave Limey some props on his Facebook post after some prodding. I kind of don't think he may have immediately recognized that Helga was pulled straight from Limey's work. It does seem like it was some sort of Nick exec team that handled the set creation and wasn't the actual HA! crew involved in taking Limey's work.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 am

Well that's good (that Craig credited Limey), but I still feel pretty bad for her and at least it the actual HA! crew because they would be aware. I'm still questioning why the Nick executives didn't research the original drawing (I think they may have got it from google images).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:56 am

Some of the fan art is so good it actually looks like official stuff LOL I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. They should still do a bit of research to avoid things like this however.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 am

AlainRacette wrote:Some of the fan art is so good it actually looks like official stuff LOL I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. They should still do a bit of research to avoid things like this however.

Agreed!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:17 am

When I first discovered the work of the artists already mentioned in the topic I was so shocked that their work wasn't official art - that's how talented these people are! Insanely gifted people.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:53 am

Hey guys,
So I'm back, kinda.
Slowly getting caught up.

So I was reading through Olivia Hacks comment section next to her post and I read what could be a major spoiler regarding the Rhonda/Harold/Patty/Curly conundrum.

*gulps* Pleasedon'thitmebecauseIknowthiswillupsetatleastoneofyou *ducks*

She seems to say that Rhonda ends up paired with.....

and I'm only putting this on here because I know you will need to emotionally prepare for it rather than be shocked and appalled during the movie

Curly.

*runs away*
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next