The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AibouFTW's Art

+9
theintangiblefriends
Arnold's Love
Jfgoofy
Turchinorain
Helga
Zeether
LeSkuh
Perhapsormaybe
AibouFTW
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AibouFTW's Art Empty AibouFTW's Art

Post by AibouFTW Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Welp, I guess I'll share my art too.  For the most part, you can see it on my tumblr page [aibou-ftw(dot)tumblr(dot)com] (you can actually see my fanfics there too).

I don't really have anything new at the moment, but I'll post a WIP:

AibouFTW's Art Wip10

And here's a WIP of a huge art project I'll post later.  It's basically going to be a music video like thing.

AibouFTW's Art 9_no_l10
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

AibouFTW's Art Empty Re: AibouFTW's Art

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Wow, that looks really good - both of them do!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Thank you!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

I'm excited for your music video project! HA! has had some super cool fan projects over time. I wish I had the focus to do some sort of video or small comic for it.

You're so amazing at getting them on model and I really dig the style you're using for the music video!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:34 pm

I love the style too, your depiction of older Helga is perfect.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Helga Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:54 am

Whoa! I'm looking a little too close the Footballhead in that picture! Please tell me you DON'T have any more like that!
Helga
Helga

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:29 pm

Helga wrote:Whoa!  I'm looking a little too close the Footballhead in that picture!  Please tell me you DON'T have any more like that!

Awww, you know you like it, Helga!  Wink
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Mind telling us what song you're making the music video to?
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Sorry, LeSkuh, but that one's going to be a secret until I finish it! I finally finished writing the outline of a future fanfic, so finally feel like I can start on it again!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Turchinorain Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 pm

I love the bottom one, especially the line effects and the backlighting.
Turchinorain
Turchinorain

http://tarnisha-art.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 am

A Hug From a Friend

AibouFTW's Art A_hug_11

An attempt at palettes.  I don't even know anymore.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Turchinorain Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 am

Beautiful but so so sad feeling
Turchinorain
Turchinorain

http://tarnisha-art.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 pm

I really love these drawings!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Turchinorain wrote:Beautiful but so so sad feeling

Yeah, it kinda broke my heart drawing this!

Jfgoofy wrote:I really love these drawings!!

Thanks a lot!!  Smile
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:19 pm

I love this! Gosh I wish I could whip out art faster then I do. I'm always so jealous of people can do is it so fast and so well. Such it is I suppose though!
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Are You a Star?

AibouFTW's Art Are_yo10

Have some fluff after that last one!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:I love this!  Gosh I wish I could whip out art faster then I do.  I'm always so jealous of people can do is it so fast and so well.  Such it is I suppose though!

Aaaaahh thanks a lot!!  Actually, it takes me forever to draw a picture!  I'm only whipping these out because I actually have time to draw now!  But seriously, I know how you feel!  I'm jealous of those people who can produce amazingness in like...an hour.  The one you see above (that's far from being amazing) took me several hours.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:36 pm

I love that new one!! Arnold's face!! Awww!!! <3 <3

Mine take me forever. I'm a digital artist since my hands don't do want I want, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me like hours upon hours until I reach an acceptable final product haha. But even getting to that part is exhausting. Do you do this by hand and then digitize it? I'm pretty new to all the artist language and options.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks!

Oh god, don't even talk to me about being a perfectionist! lol  Anyway, it switches depending on the situation.  When I was working, I would sketch a lot in my sketchbook during lunch, take a photo of it (since I didn't have a scanner), and then do the rest on the computer later.  However, now that I'm home, I do everything on the computer (including the original sketch).  I use a CintiqHD13, which makes it easier to use the computer, but still have that "doing it by hand" feeling.

I hope that helps! Smile
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:48 pm

That's really cool, I literally have always wanted to be artistic but never pursued it because I was afraid to fail.  But recently I realized that being a photographer I know a bit about Photoshop/Illustrator so I tried making a cover for one of my fics using it and I was actually pleasantly surprised with what I made...so for now that's how I'm creating. It's a lot harder then using my hand or a tablet, but it makes it so I can create art like I've always wanted to be able too so I guess that's good enough for me for now.  that and of course and living through real artists like yourself :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Don't be afraid to fail!  Heck, I've lived most of my life not having my art recognized (on the Internet anyway).  Hey Arnold is definitely a first for me! lol

The thing you have to really consider (and I'm also saying this to myself so it'll eventually stick with me) : If you want to post anything, whether it be fanart, fanfics, etc.,  then it needs to be done for you.  Do it because you want to have an easy place to see it later.  Do it because it makes it easier to show your IRL/Internet friends later.  Do it because you want to help contribute to a small fandom and hopefully you can make someone's day a little brighter.  If you post and hope for recognition, you'll only face sadness and feel like you failed.  That basically describes the last 3 or so years of my Internet-life and that's why I disappeared for a long while.  It was so...disheartening to work for hours and hours on a picture and then only get 5 notes.  Changing your mindset to a more positive one (like I mentioned) has made it so much easier for me.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now! lol

Whoa, so you use the computer but don't have a tablet...so how do you create things?  Do you use a mouse?  A track pad?  Anyway, I think your stuff is really good too, and I hope you continue to practice! And then post it on here! Wink
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 pm

I really adore the new drawing! I love it! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Don't be afraid to fail!  Heck, I've lived most of my life not having my art recognized (on the Internet anyway).  Hey Arnold is definitely a first for me! lol

The thing you have to really consider (and I'm also saying this to myself so it'll eventually stick with me) : If you want to post anything, whether it be fanart, fanfics, etc.,  then it needs to be done for you.  Do it because you want to have an easy place to see it later.  Do it because it makes it easier to show your IRL/Internet friends later.  Do it because you want to help contribute to a small fandom and hopefully you can make someone's day a little brighter.  If you post and hope for recognition, you'll only face sadness and feel like you failed.  That basically describes the last 3 or so years of my Internet-life and that's why I disappeared for a long while.  It was so...disheartening to work for hours and hours on a picture and then only get 5 notes.  Changing your mindset to a more positive one (like I mentioned) has made it so much easier for me.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now! lol

Whoa, so you use the computer but don't have a tablet...so how do you create things?  Do you use a mouse?  A track pad?  Anyway, I think your stuff is really good too, and I hope you continue to practice!  And then post it on here!  Wink

You are so right! I've learned that too about both my art and my stories. So I originally did my cover just for me because I wanted one. I'm working on two more covers and even a commission for someone else. I haven't posted on here yet because I feel like people would either think I'm bragging or that no one actually cares. But I'm sure I will at some point because I've almost done it a few times. Thanks for saying it's good! I appreciate that!

And I use the mouse and the pen tool in Photoshop. There's a free hand pen tool I usually start with and then there's one with a point system...as in you draw a line and you can pick points to manipulate on the line...it's kind of hard to explain. That's why it can be time consuming. And then I just use the brush and eraser with layers to color and highlight. It's pretty intense.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:I really adore the new drawing! I love it! Very Happy

Thank you so much!!

Arnold's Love wrote:You are so right! I've learned that too about both my art and my stories.  So I originally did my cover just for me because I wanted one.  I'm working on two more covers and even a commission for someone else. I haven't posted on here yet because I feel like people would either think I'm bragging or that no one actually cares.  But I'm sure I will at some point because I've almost done it a few times.  Thanks for saying it's good! I appreciate that!

And I use the mouse and the pen tool in Photoshop. There's a free hand pen tool I usually start with and then there's one with a point system...as in you draw a line and you can pick points to manipulate on the line...it's kind of hard to explain.  That's why it can be time consuming.  And then I just use the brush and eraser with layers to color and highlight. It's pretty intense.

Yeah, it's a very healthy mindset!  Oooh, I'm excited to see those covers! (and crap you just reminded me that I need to work on my commission too - I'm trying to warm up my art skills before I do that one)

I'm not gonna lie....I still hope for a bit of recognition when I post on here (who doesn't?), but, ultimately, I think it's a great place to post all of the Hey Arnold stuff!  Like, for someone who's just getting into the Hey Arnold fandom, but doesn't want to actually join the forum, they can just look through everyone's threads and look at all the fanart.  And it will be much easier since it's all in one place!!

Oh man, I remember using the pen tool.  It was my best friend back in the day.  I know what you mean; it's so hard to describe to someone else, isn't it?!  lol  If I want to get that "cel-shaded look," I use the curve tool and edit tools on PaintToolSAI (on a Linework layer).  It's much easier, and less time-consuming!  Another great thing about it: you don't have to worry about losing all of your progress if something happens while you're working on your line path!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:49 pm

What's painttoolsai? This sounds very helpful! And i don't even know what the curve tool is i don't think. Like i said I'm a photographer first so i use pretty much the same few tools for everything. Help a novice out, yo! Lol ;-)

I'll post soon my stuff soon. I really want to. Lol

A little recognition is awesome! I immediately recognized your name from tumblr when you first posted and i haven't used it a whole lot. I'm old and still trying to figure it out lol but i definitely knew your name.. Are you on deviantart? I might now you from there too. Your style i recognize for sure.

I've gotten some recognition randomly because of my fanfic so that's fun especially since it's the thing I'm most proud of. :-) so it's fun even though it's only a little recognition lol :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum