Hello Arnold Fans!...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Umm... I'm not very good at Introductions so I'll keep it simple...

My name is Luis but some friends call me Lui ... I was born in 1999 so i'm 16 years old... So far I think i'm the youngest person in this forum so far Smile ... Anyways, Im an 11th grade student in the state of Texas... and I like playing baseball and soccer with friends... At home I'm usually watching TV and sometimes I play on my bro's PS4...

I never watched Hey Arnold! as a kid (I was more of a Cartoon Network boy). A couple months ago I was watching some old shows on Boomerang. I then pulled out my laptop and started searching for 90's Toons to binge-watch during the weekend... I watched a couple shows and found Hey Arnold! to be really entertaining ( especially Helga, Stinky and All of it's unique and diverse characters)... A month later I end up finishing Most of HA!'s episodes and The Movie... After the Series finale with Arnold's Parent's journal... I found out the wasn't supposed to be Finally, But a certain Jungle Movie was, and it was never released... That's when I discovered Craig Bartlett and The Hey Arnold Fandom... It was incredible how such dedicated fans managed to bring back a canceled movie after 10 years... I saw Craig's Interviews, fan-art, fanfics, and petitions with many thousands of supporters each!... And now we're going actually going to get the movie ( and its going to be a 2-Part!) So let me just say... Congrats For All Your Hard Work Very Happy !!!

(I'm also currently rewatching the complete series and since I skipped through like 60% of the episodes when I fist watched It back in October...)

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by AibouFTW on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey there Lui, and welcome to the Hey Arnold fandom! I haven't been in the fandom that long myself, but from what I've experienced, everyone seems really nice! I think it's so amazing that people of different age groups are coming together. That just proves it's a really great show!

2017'S GOING TO BE AN EXCITING YEAR RIGHT??! lol

I know there are other threads for this, but I want to know: what's your favorite episode so far?
avatar
AibouFTW

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks AibouFTW! I agree... From what I've seen everyone is really cool and friendly...

2017 Is going to be great! I hope Nick, The Movie Crew, and Mr. Bartlett start teasing the film soon...

As for my favorite episode so far: Gee... It's hard to pick a single episode... But I really liked the Christmas and Halloween Specials... The way the town went chaotic cause of the "aliens" and the paranoid Bob Pataki... Also I liked the end when Bob feels horrible for almost hurting her daughter... And I love the episodes where the kids go on adventures... Such as: the one with the haunted train, or when the kids search for Wheezing Ed's treasure on Elk Island, the movie when Arnold and Gerald raid FTI...

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Hey welcome!! Hope you have fun here with us! It's nice to see that some "young-uns" like Hey Arnold too and not just us oldies. On that same note...you are the youngest and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest so far...I'm not really sure how I feel about being the oldest but I don't think I like it haha...wanna trade?

Anyway, we are excited for you to join us! AibouFTW asked about your favorite episode...I wanna know...do you have a favorite character??
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by AibouFTW on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:Thanks AibouFTW! I agree... From what I've seen everyone is really cool and friendly...

2017 Is going to be great! I hope Nick, The Movie Crew, and Mr. Bartlett start teasing the film soon...

As for my favorite episode so far: Gee... It's hard to pick a single episode... But I really liked the Christmas and Halloween Specials... The way the town went chaotic cause of the "aliens" and the paranoid Bob Pataki... Also I liked the end when Bob feels horrible for almost hurting her daughter... And I love the episodes where the kids go on adventures... Such as: the one with the haunted train, or when the kids search for Wheezing Ed's treasure on Elk Island, the movie when Arnold and Gerald raid FTI...
Aaaah the Christmas episode!  That episode always has me crying like a baby!  Honestly, I liked the Halloween episode a lot, but I didn't fully appreciate it until I was an adult and being exposed to War of the Worlds, and the mock-radio show Orsen Welles did.  They did such a great job with that tribute!  And now, I'm very excited to hear about your favorite character!
avatar
AibouFTW

Posts : 193
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Heck, yeah, Luis I too am from Texas! Nice to meet you!
avatar
Perhapsormaybe

Posts : 259
Join date : 2016-03-30
Age : 28
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi there! You seem like a really nice person, glad to see you on here (I think I'm actually the youngest and perhaps the only male on here XD)! I hope you get to have a fun time!
avatar
Jfgoofy

Posts : 539
Join date : 2016-04-01
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Mony on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:55 am

Hey! Welcome to the fandom Luis, it's great to see that the show is drawing in new fans, it's just proof of how great of a show it is. Even young people today can enjoy it, and that's what makes it so long lasting. Everyone's hard work paid off and now fans old and new can come together and look forward to the movie and whatever else Nick and Craig may have in store for us.
avatar
Mony

Posts : 107
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:38 am

Arnold's Love wrote:Hey welcome!!  Hope you have fun here with us!  It's nice to see that some "young-uns" like Hey Arnold too and not just us oldies.  On that same note...you are the youngest and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest so far...I'm not really sure how I feel about being the oldest but I don't think I like it haha...wanna trade?  

Anyway, we are excited for you to join us!  AibouFTW asked about your favorite episode...I wanna know...do you have a favorite character??


I mean, I'm not to keen on being "that one early 2000's kid", but I'll have to politely turn down your offer, Smile

Thanks! Glad to be a part of a new community! My favorite character? Gee, There to many to chose only one, they all have their own personalities and characteristics, it's what makes this a great show. I'm going to narrow em' down a bit....

For the kids, i'd say Arnold and Gerald (really cool, down to earth kids. I'd ask Arnold for advice anytime), Helga, Stinky and Sid, and Eugene (the poor kid and his bad luck, born on friday the 13th, such coincidence XD, Yet the he's cheerful, good-spirited, and he's practically indestructeble "I'm ok")

As for the Adults, Grandpa Phil, Mr. Simmons (very cheerful and emphasizes the kid's to be their own selves), Arnold's dad Miles, and pretty much most of the borders of Sunset Arms, (I have mixed feelings on oskar though, I don't know if i'm supposed to dislike him or feel sympathetic for his selfishness. I love Mr. Huyhn, I also loved his backstory in the Christmas episode with his daughter and The Vietnam War)
Geesh... Sorry for this long list... But I'm that one guy that likes everyone

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:48 am

AibouFTW wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:Thanks AibouFTW! I agree... From what I've seen everyone is really cool and friendly...

2017 Is going to be great! I hope Nick, The Movie Crew, and Mr. Bartlett start teasing the film soon...

As for my favorite episode so far: Gee... It's hard to pick a single episode... But I really liked the Christmas and Halloween Specials... The way the town went chaotic cause of the "aliens" and the paranoid Bob Pataki... Also I liked the end when Bob feels horrible for almost hurting her daughter... And I love the episodes where the kids go on adventures... Such as: the one with the haunted train, or when the kids search for Wheezing Ed's treasure on Elk Island, the movie when Arnold and Gerald raid FTI...
Aaaah the Christmas episode!  That episode always has me crying like a baby!  Honestly, I liked the Halloween episode a lot, but I didn't fully appreciate it until I was an adult and being exposed to War of the Worlds, and the mock-radio show Orsen Welles did.  They did such a great job with that tribute!  And now, I'm very excited to hear about your favorite character!


Aah yes, Mr. Huynh got a great backstory there and his reunion with his daughter (Mai i think?) definitely gave me the feels, and Helga sacrificed her spumoni boots to show Arnold his Miracle, she's Arnold's Christmas angel. aha! The War of the Worlds feels the episode gave was exactly what I was talking about. Also Bob finally gives Helga some caring she deserves, though it only took him almost crushing her, ayy bob Evil or Very Mad ...

My favorite character, I already answered this above... Check it out Smile



LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:51 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Heck, yeah, Luis I too am from Texas! Nice to meet you!

That's Great! Nice to meet you too Smile

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:52 am

theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:55 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Hi there! You seem like a really nice person, glad to see you on here (I think I'm actually the youngest and perhaps the only male on here XD)! I hope you get to have a fun time!

Thanks! Glad to meet you too! I believe I saw you on the Wiki and on Craig's Instagram. So I guess we are the youngest ones here? glad I'm not alone Very Happy ...

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by LuiThe2nd on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:03 am

Miko1988 wrote:Hey! Welcome to the fandom Luis, it's great to see that the show is drawing in new fans, it's just proof of how great of a show it is. Even young people today can enjoy it, and that's what makes it so long lasting. Everyone's hard work paid off and now fans old and new can come together and look forward to the movie and whatever else Nick and Craig may have in store for us.

Thanks! Glad to be part of it! (cute Helga pic there, did you draw it?). Yeah... It's a really good show, I'm sure more people would enjoy this show too. I've noticed older shows tend to give great life lessons for kids and also throw in those hidden jokes only older people would get, like grandpa losing brain cells during Woodstock, and the lovely young lady he met during WW2. Yea... Witnessing all the fan's great work was a really cool thing to see. Let's hope Nick and Craig have even more HA! and more new great shows in the future...

LuiThe2nd

Posts : 125
Join date : 2016-04-11
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:33 am

LuiThe2nd wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:Hey welcome!!  Hope you have fun here with us!  It's nice to see that some "young-uns" like Hey Arnold too and not just us oldies.  On that same note...you are the youngest and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest so far...I'm not really sure how I feel about being the oldest but I don't think I like it haha...wanna trade?  

Anyway, we are excited for you to join us!  AibouFTW asked about your favorite episode...I wanna know...do you have a favorite character??


I mean, I'm not to keen on being "that one early 2000's kid", but I'll have to politely turn down your offer, Smile

Thanks! Glad to be a part of a new community! My favorite character? Gee, There to many to chose only one, they all have their own personalities and characteristics, it's what makes this a great show. I'm going to narrow em' down a bit....

For the kids, i'd say Arnold and Gerald (really cool, down to earth kids. I'd ask Arnold for advice anytime), Helga, Stinky and Sid, and Eugene (the poor kid and his bad luck, born on friday the 13th, such coincidence XD, Yet the he's cheerful, good-spirited, and he's practically indestructeble "I'm ok")

As for the Adults, Grandpa Phil, Mr. Simmons (very cheerful and emphasizes the kid's to be their own selves), Arnold's dad Miles, and pretty much most of the borders of Sunset Arms, (I have mixed feelings on oskar though, I don't know if i'm supposed to dislike him or feel sympathetic for his selfishness. I love Mr. Huyhn, I also loved his backstory in the Christmas episode with his daughter and The Vietnam War)
Geesh... Sorry for this long list... But I'm that one guy that likes everyone


Eh, I think deep down we all have multiple favorites and probably love almost all of the characters. So you aren't the only one. :-) Oskar is a weird one for me too...I agree with your thoughts on him. Sometimes I think he is funny and other times he is just so annoying i can't handle it. I feel the same way about Harold...man, that kid's voice really grates the ol' nerves.
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:36 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Hi there! You seem like a really nice person, glad to see you on here (I think I'm actually the youngest and perhaps the only male on here XD)! I hope you get to have a fun time!
You're younger then Luis?!
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah, I'm 16 but I was born near the end of 1999 during November of that year.
avatar
Jfgoofy

Posts : 539
Join date : 2016-04-01
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Arnold's Love on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:46 am

Jfgoofy wrote:Yeah, I'm 16 but I was born near the end of 1999 during November.

Aw, that's so cool though! I'm glad Hey Arnold! is stretching across different ages. :-)
I was 16 when the last half of season 5 premiered if I remember correctly. Gosh, that was soooo long ago. ;-)
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Jfgoofy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:49 am

Arnold's Love wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:Yeah, I'm 16 but I was born near the end of 1999 during November.

Aw, that's so cool though! I'm glad Hey Arnold! is stretching across different ages. :-)
I was 16 when the last half of season 5 premiered if I remember correctly. Gosh, that was soooo long ago. ;-)

Thank you and that's pretty cool!
avatar
Jfgoofy

Posts : 539
Join date : 2016-04-01
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed May 11, 2016 6:36 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

that's great! If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? I have this theory (read: believe as a fact) that HA! is a classic such that if Nick ever decided to continue the series they wouldn't have to adapt it "to the time" and make it "more modern for the younger gen." But I don't have any kids to test that theory on. Laughing
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Arnold's Love on Wed May 11, 2016 8:37 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

that's great! If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? I have this theory (read: believe as a fact) that HA! is a classic such that if Nick ever decided to continue the series they wouldn't have to adapt it "to the time" and make it "more modern for the younger gen."  But I don't have any kids to test that theory on. Laughing

My kids love Hey Arnold! And they are 6 and almost 3. Actually my almost three year old cries if we don't watch it before bed. So I totally think Nick wouldn't need to adapt to the times. :-)
avatar
Arnold's Love

Posts : 286
Join date : 2016-03-30

View user profile http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

that's great! If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? I have this theory (read: believe as a fact) that HA! is a classic such that if Nick ever decided to continue the series they wouldn't have to adapt it "to the time" and make it "more modern for the younger gen."  But I don't have any kids to test that theory on. Laughing

My kids love Hey Arnold!  And they are 6 and almost 3.  Actually my almost three year old cries if we don't watch it before bed.  So I totally think Nick wouldn't need to adapt to the times. :-)

The fact that your 6 year old likes it makes me happy. By kids I guess I meant older kids.
My children are 4 and 2. My four year old seems to like what she gets of it. But we don't get to watch it very often.
Six is closer to the intended demographic though.
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Jfgoofy on Wed May 11, 2016 9:01 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

that's great! If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? I have this theory (read: believe as a fact) that HA! is a classic such that if Nick ever decided to continue the series they wouldn't have to adapt it "to the time" and make it "more modern for the younger gen."  But I don't have any kids to test that theory on. Laughing

My kids love Hey Arnold!  And they are 6 and almost 3.  Actually my almost three year old cries if we don't watch it before bed.  So I totally think Nick wouldn't need to adapt to the times. :-)

The fact that your 6 year old likes it makes me happy. By kids I guess I meant older kids.
My children are 4 and 2. My four year old seems to like what she gets of it. But we don't get to watch it very often.
Six is closer to the intended demographic though.

This is very good and cute to hear from you people! My younger brothers really REALLY LOVE Hey Arnold! (most of the stuff we watch is modern CN, except UG, the PPG reboot and TTG, well they do sometimes, but we all love Hey Arnold!).
avatar
Jfgoofy

Posts : 539
Join date : 2016-04-01
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by theintangiblefriends on Wed May 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:
Arnold's Love wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:
theintangiblefriends wrote:Yeay! A "young-un"! Wink Glad to see the legacy lives on. Smile Wecome.

That's right! I'm already showing this to my niece on The Splat, She seems to like it...

that's great! If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? I have this theory (read: believe as a fact) that HA! is a classic such that if Nick ever decided to continue the series they wouldn't have to adapt it "to the time" and make it "more modern for the younger gen."  But I don't have any kids to test that theory on. Laughing

My kids love Hey Arnold!  And they are 6 and almost 3.  Actually my almost three year old cries if we don't watch it before bed.  So I totally think Nick wouldn't need to adapt to the times. :-)

The fact that your 6 year old likes it makes me happy. By kids I guess I meant older kids.
My children are 4 and 2. My four year old seems to like what she gets of it. But we don't get to watch it very often.
Six is closer to the intended demographic though.

This is very good and cute to hear from you people! My younger brothers really REALLY LOVE Hey Arnold! (most of the stuff we watch is modern CN, except UG, the PPG reboot and TTG, well they do sometimes, but we all love Hey Arnold!).


XD
avatar
theintangiblefriends

Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-04-08
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Arnold Fans!...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum