The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold's Love's Fanart

+5
Zeether
Jfgoofy
Perhapsormaybe
AibouFTW
Arnold's Love
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arnold's Love's Fanart Empty Arnold's Love's Fanart

Post by Arnold's Love Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Me again!  I'm pretty new at the whole fanart thing--actually art in general, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far.  So I'll share them here since there are only three so far. :-)

Arnold's Love's Fanart Cover210
This one is the cover for my fanfic "No Competition" (co-written with Pointy Objects). It's literally the first HA! anything artsy I've done since college when I did like one picture for an old fanfic I started then.  Before that actually i guess I did a bit of HA! style cartooning and when I was 12/13 I used to draw HA! all the time...so I guess I'm not actually "new" per say, but it feels like I am. Anyway. Cover: "No Competition".

Arnold's Love's Fanart Final_10
This one is also "No Competition" it's a scene I did for Chapters 5/6.  You'll have to read it to find out what's up though. ;-)

Arnold's Love's Fanart Spanis10
And this last one if my most recent and the one I am most proud of (hence it's my profile picture).  I did this one while reading "Spanish 2 Was All For You" by Polkahotnes.  I just really loved a certain part of the fanfic so I was totally inspired to do this and I am so happy with it.  It came out literally just as I imagined it in my head!  So yay!  On related note, Francesca Marie Smith saw it and liked it on Twitter as well as The Splat, so sometimes think that's super awesome.   Embarassed

As for what's next...I've almost finished a new cover for my newest fic and it is beyond awesome, so watch for that!  I'm also working on a commission, another "No Competition" picture, and a cover for another one of my older fanfics.  (I know I bite off more then I can chew sometimes because those aren't the only creative things I'm working on, but it's just how my brain works.)  But I hope they all come out awesome and that you guys like them!

You can find my work on deviantart under my account SandyFreckles as well.

Last edited by Arnold's Love on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

http://sandyfreckles.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Arnold's Love's Fanart Empty Re: Arnold's Love's Fanart

Post by AibouFTW Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:17 am

Yaaaaay you finally posted your art!

I still think it's crazy that you just started doing "art in general"!  How long have you been drawing?  Because these look really good!  I mean, you have a good concept of lighting/shading and backgrounds.  I also like your character designs for Arnold and Helga's dates (or I think they're dates....which is why I seriously need to start reading "No Competition").

Also, do I need to mention how freaking awesome it is that you got noticed by Francesca and The Splat!  So cool!  You're my new hero!  Smile
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:47 am

...You just started?! You are insanely talented and these are GREAT!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 pm

These are really great!!! It doesn't look like you "just started" and it actually looks professional! That's pretty great that Franny and The Splat saw your drawing!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks so much, guys!  It means the world to me that you guys like it!

AibouFTW wrote:Yaaaaay you finally posted your art!

I still think it's crazy that you just started doing "art in general"!  How long have you been drawing?  Because these look really good!  I mean, you have a good concept of lighting/shading and backgrounds.  I also like your character designs for Arnold and Helga's dates (or I think they're dates....which is why I seriously need to start reading "No Competition").

I really haven't done much more than a few cartoony drawings as a kid.  Maybe I feel like I'm just an amateur because I do it all digitally so I feel like I'm skipping a step real artists do.  As for the lighting/shading...that's probably my photographer experience showing through my art.  I have to notice lighting a lot to do well as a photographer, so I just try to use those concepts in my art. :-)  Lighting is a magical thing and I have so much more to learn! As for the characters in "No Competition"....I won't say a word...you'll just have to read it's awesomeness lol ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 am

Pfffttt real artists! I only drew on paper because that was before I knew that drawing on the computer existed! Gosh, I'm so old. Wow, I bet that photography definitely helped you in that department! GAfhdsa;lf seriously, if it weren't for my brain being in such a "productive" mood, I would be reading these fics that everyone wrote (including yours)!!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 am

AibouFTW wrote:Pfffttt real artists!  I only drew on paper because that was before I knew that drawing on the computer existed!  Gosh, I'm so old.  Wow, I bet that photography definitely helped you in that department!  GAfhdsa;lf seriously, if it weren't for my brain being in such a "productive" mood, I would be reading these fics that everyone wrote (including yours)!!

I totally get production mode brain. I'm so in that mode right now I feel like brains too full! I bet I'm older then you so you can't feel old... I'm probably the oldest on here.
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah, you're older than me - by a few years. Wink
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:45 pm

AibouFTW wrote:Yeah, you're older than me - by a few years. Wink

How do you know that? Did I say at some point. I'm having trouble accepting that in 10.5 months I'll be 30. I thought i would be a cool person and never care...but oh, apparently I do care haha! ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Arnold's Love wrote:
AibouFTW wrote:Yeah, you're older than me - by a few years. Wink

How do you know that?  Did I say at some point. I'm having trouble accepting that in 10.5 months I'll be 30.  I thought i would be a cool person and never care...but oh, apparently I do care haha! ;-)

I know because you said it in your intro post (which I had just checked before making that last post). Oh man, that must be a crazy feeling! I still can't believe I'm officially over 25.
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Oh haha...at least I can say it was a memory lapse due to me being almost 30... ;-) And it is a crazy feeling and i don't recommend it haha ;-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:07 pm

So I made a cover for my newest fic...and I haven't posted this anywhere else yet. I'm super excited about it and thought I'd share it here first and see what you guys think!  
It's for my new fanfic, you can find here: "The Shadow Around His Heart"  
I've only posted the short prologue so far but an awesome chapter is coming up soon!

What do you think of it?  Tell me tell me?? Does it make you want to read it?? It's going to be so awesome I'm like totally freaking out inside haha! I just wish I could write as fast as I think of these boss plots haha!
Arnold's Love's Fanart The_sh11
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Oh wow! It looks really awesome! I especially love the detail in the background and their expressions! It also does make me want to read the fic!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sat May 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Arnold's Love's Fanart Finaln10

I guess I forgot to share this here...this is my newest little creation for my fanfic "No Competition." :-) I did this one the fastest I've ever made one and it came out just like I saw it in my head (well, practically). :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 07, 2016 10:16 pm

This is really good!! Smile
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Sun May 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Love all your art! That one for The Shadow Around His Heart has great lighting going on.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Sun May 08, 2016 4:09 pm

These are all great! I'll make sure to read some of your fanfics when I have time during the summer! Smile

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun May 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks guys! :-)

Zeether wrote:Love all your art! That one for The Shadow Around His Heart has great lighting going on.

Thank you so much!  That was my biggest goal with that one, so I tried a couple different things before it felt "right". :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Sun May 08, 2016 11:12 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:These are all great! I'll make sure to read some of your fanfics when I have time during the summer! Smile

If you do please let me know what you think! :-)
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by AibouFTW Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I thought I had already commented, but I really like the new pic you have for "No Competition."  They just look so....intense!  It's really great!
AibouFTW
AibouFTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon May 09, 2016 6:59 pm

AibouFTW wrote:I thought I had already commented, but I really like the new pic you have for "No Competition."  They just look so....intense!  It's really great!

Thanks!!! <3
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:44 am

I know some of you have already seen this on Tumblr...but I thought I'd post it here too :-)

This is my first ever commission.  What do you think?  It's a  cover for the latest fanfic by  my favorite Hey Arnold! fanfiction author Pointy Objects!  Everything this gal writes is AMAZING!  "Avalanche" is full of comedy and romance and fluff and cuteness and just about everything you could ask for!  I love it so much! You guys should check it out!

Arnold's Love's Fanart Avalan10
Arnold's Love
Arnold's Love

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:06 am

Simply, Beautiful Art! Smile

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold's Love Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:04 am