The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt?

4 posters

Go down

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Empty Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt?

Post by theintangiblefriends Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 pm

The title is self explanatory. I would give the proper artist their credit, of course. I have just found a few pieces searching around the internet by an artist that I wanted to share. Smile
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Empty Re: Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt?

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed May 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Well I've given it a bit, and since no one has responded...
I found these a while ago. THEY ARE NOT MINE.
They are by "bloochikin."
Anyway, I really liked them and actually "Devious Looks" really helped me see Helga more as a nine year old girl. (I think her level of maturity coupled with the fact she is animated sometimes makes her come across as older than she is)
What do ya'll think?

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Tumblr_mwumfqQpNc1rdbzvxo2_500

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? EJSbRn-vVwI

"Devious Looks in the Back"
Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? 5f7e0dbdcee2fcfa0b9ecf53e4e92af1
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Empty Re: Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt?

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 14, 2016 6:52 pm

These are very cool!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat May 14, 2016 8:07 pm

I don't mind sharing art you find as long as credit is given.  I'm not sure if you know how to make a link on the forum, so I can help with that.

The artist is Bloochikin or Najja Porter.  You can find her on Tumblr or Deviantart.  She's more active on Tumblr these days though.

If any artists you find request we pull their shared works from the board though, I will respect those wishes and close/delete threads as warranted.  And sometimes it's best to ask the original artist before sharing - after all maybe Bloochikin would be interested in joining our board?  Who knows!
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 14, 2016 8:13 pm

You know I'm pretty sad that Limey404's drawing "that good ol' football head" is associated with the show and everyone that doesn't know that it is actually fanart believes that it's concept art for the show even though HER SIGNATURE IS RIGHT BELOW RHONDA. I don't even know if Limey knows about this.. Sad This is what happens when someone could like post an image and everyone might not know who it belongs and it can be worse when the drawing looks identical that of the show's artwork which can cause people to associate it with the show even though it's fanart of the show.

I think it would be glad to have some more artists on here! I wonder if any of the users from DA or some users from the old forum can come on here.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sat May 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Luckily, I think Limey has pretty much just decided to take a laid back approach to the left and right theft of her Hey Arnold! fan art. It is a damn shame that people rip it all the time without her permission and most of the time, you're right, there's NO credit given to her as the artist. I once got into a tumblr fight with someone who edited the pic to make the kids all Goth and smoking weed (it was hideous) who actually put their OWN username over Limey's signature on the drawing. I was so ticked!

I'd love to see more of the HA! artists show up here, but I think Bloochikin and Limey have each moved on. Though, the movie might lure them back. Who knows?
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Maybe (I do think they moved on), I really love Limey's Gravity Falls fanart. Also to add more insult to injury, like the drawing is associated is now associated with the show and it actually appeared on multiple news articles talking about the show, and they don't even credit her BUT HER NAME IS STILL ON IT. Hell, I've now actually had to credit Limey for the drawing on the Hey Arnold! wiki because of this theft and misunderstood image. I feel pretty bad for her. Like she even made a post saying that like she got mad and posted about it because someone reposted the image of Rhonda and Nadine with some other kid (who is it?) in High school with the other kids in the background (and Curly is perfectly labeled as stalker) and she didn't receive credit. That goth and smoking theft/edit that you mentioned, is just horrible and it's a huge offense to the goth subculture because it makes goths look like they are very bad people that do drugs or smoke.

I really hope some artists come on here (like some of your friends on DA/tumblr like Chopfe and MarcosPnPinto who was on the old forum from what I can tell). It would be fun meeting them and I wonder if they are excited for the new TV movie.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sat May 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Oh and back to the thing with Limey's pic, her drawing is one of the first google image results if you type in "hey arnold" and what's worse is that the article (which the image is linked to) is credited to Viacom, not Limey. I'm so mad about this. Her signature and date is right there. It's not from the 90s or 2000s and done by the company, it's from 2010 and it was done by a fan of the show. http://www.etonline.com/news/176825_the_voice_of_hey_arnold_is_super_hot_now/

I really think it's a great idea to credit artists on here!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Sun May 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Bloochikin's stuff is great. I found out about her art via ragweed (she did some awesome art too) when I was getting back into HA last year, that was also how I came across Jay/criminyy.

There's a really good piece she did of Helga yelling at Harold while they're playing baseball that has some amazing expressions.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Zeether wrote:Bloochikin's stuff is great. I found out about her art via ragweed (she did some awesome art too) when I was getting back into HA last year, that was also how I came across Jay/criminyy.

There's a really good piece she did of Helga yelling at Harold while they're playing baseball that has some amazing expressions.

Totally agree with you right there! Wink I love her art!

Oh and she didn't move on from Hey Arnold! apparently because this was her recent drawing! http://bloochikin.deviantart.com/art/Spanish-2-Was-All-For-You-591496205
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sun May 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Ahhh! love that picture of Helga yelling at Harold. That was actually a request from me! Or the original sketch was.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sun May 15, 2016 9:28 pm

LeSkuh wrote:I don't mind sharing art you find as long as credit is given.  I'm not sure if you know how to make a link on the forum, so I can help with that.

The artist is Bloochikin or Najja Porter.  You can find her on Tumblr or Deviantart.  She's more active on Tumblr these days though.

If any artists you find request we pull their shared works from the board though, I will respect those wishes and close/delete threads as warranted.  And sometimes it's best to ask the original artist before sharing - after all maybe Bloochikin would be interested in joining our board?  Who knows!

Thank you for adding the link. And that is totally fair about taking it down per the artist's request. I completely agree with that.
Also since I'm not really good at "internetting" I don't have a tumblr, DA, instagram, twitter, etc. LOL Basically, I just have FB and this. Also I read ALOT of articles and do alot of googling. But as far as social sites go I'm pretty "square." Laughing So I may be a little naive or uneducated regarding internet etiquette, so any pointers are always appreciated. Smile That said if you need me get permission from now on or anything else, I'll do my best. Very Happy I
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sun May 15, 2016 9:37 pm

To be honest I'm still trying to figure out a system for keeping up with the conversations on here. (for some reason the ones with new posts don't always show up in red)
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Wait where did she the pictures that were put on here? I can't find them on her tumblr or deviantart.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sun May 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:Wait where did she the pictures that were put on here? I can't find them on her tumblr or deviantart.
If you mean the three I put on there, I found them doing a google image search. Then l clicked the links and figured out the artist was "bloochikin"
I also bookmarked the links. I can post them if you would like.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Thank you!! I also really want to see the Harold & Helga one (the only drawing I have known about her before seeing these drawings was the fanart gif on tumblr of Helga with a baseball glove).
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 pm

http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/417014?page=2

That one you have to scroll down the page a bit to find the two close ups.

http://bloochikin.deviantart.com/art/Devious-Looks-in-the-Back-163985148

That one is for "Devious Looks"
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 15, 2016 10:54 pm

theintangiblefriends wrote:http://officialfan.proboards.com/thread/417014?page=2

That one you have to scroll down the page a bit to find the two close ups.

http://bloochikin.deviantart.com/art/Devious-Looks-in-the-Back-163985148

That one is for "Devious Looks"

Thank you!!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sun May 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Unfortunately as a lot of artists progress they tend to delete/hide their older works.  A lot of Bloochikin's stuff from a few years ago is now probably in storage/deleted, though people save stuff they like so you'll find them floating around "unofficially".

It's odd.  I understand the need to compulsively delete old works that you don't like anymore, but I also have been very disappointed watching artists I admire pull their works, which is why I almost never delete my own stuff.

I'm pretty sure I saved the Harold vs. Helga one because it was "for me" originally and I save gift art.

Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Pitche10Is it okay if I post someone else's FanArt? Blooch10
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Sun May 15, 2016 11:20 pm

It's kind of sad really for artwork like this to become unavailable becoming this is amazing, like I remember seeing a HA fan artist suddenly shutting down their account for no reason that I know of. I really love the Helga/Harold one (especially Gerald and Arnold's reactions)!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Sun May 15, 2016 11:28 pm

it is a worry that i have. that if i ever went pro i'd have to delete because i know it's heartbreaking for fans to see their favorite artworks disappear.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

Wow, I really like that one. I've never seen it before.

LeSkuh, I hope you never have to delete anything, even if/when you do go pro.
Your work is inspirational. It would be really sad to see your stuff gone.
Can't say I don't understand copy-write issues and all but still.

I guess if you have to you have to though.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 am

I forgot that she has some of her art on tumblr (not all of it which include the ones that are posted onto this thread, I really wonder what the others looked like), I really love it!! I'm surprised that she has some involvement at Nick.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down