The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AlainRacette's Fanart

+7
Perhapsormaybe
Helga
Jfgoofy
Arnold
Zeether
reinamy
AlainRacette
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AlainRacette's Fanart - Page 2 Empty Re: AlainRacette's Fanart

Post by LeSkuh Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Even just from these few images you can super see a progression and you figuring out how Helga's face works. Keep up the awesome work! Very Happy
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:Man... This looks really good. Hand-drawn Art has always been my favourite! If had any skill whatsoever I would definitely give it a try... To bad I suck Laughing

Oh, stop - I'm sure you're better than you give yourself credit for Smile I've only really been sketching for about a week or so; once you get the basic shapes and memorize them (doesn't take long, honestly) then the drawing pretty much creates itself. Once you get the eye and mouth expressions you want, the rest of the head is easy. I have a good one for Shortaki week in the pipeline Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 pm

LeSkuh wrote:Even just from these few images you can super see a progression and you figuring out how Helga's face works.  Keep up the awesome work!  Very Happy

And that's the most important thing.  Once you figure out the basic shapes of the face, about 80% of the hard stuff is done - I can do the head in under five minutes... that is, once I get the eye and mouth expressions right.  Those two things make or break the overall drawing - those take a bit longer but I'm cataloguing references/screencaps of expressions I love - then I can master those Smile  Thanks for the kind words! Means a lot to me!

Wish I could show one I'm working on for Shortaki Week, but... gotta wait a few more weeks, gah! The suspense is killing me!
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 am

Here's a cool, suave Arnold... who says that he's always a complete square? LOL  Not sure if I'm going to use a similar motif for Shortaki Week (i might not have enough time especially with work) so here is my second attempt at Arnold.  He looks pretty good!  I have an idea using a similar pose for a Shortaki Week prompt... but not sure if I have the time.  So here he is just in case I don't!

Arnold is MUCH easier than Helga - most of the time is just fussing over how big you want the "football"!  After that, he's so quick to sketch (in my opinion).  Helga has a much more complicated face AND dress physics to worry about... which is why I usually draw her from the waist up lol.

EDIT:  Using the grid paper (as in my original Helga sketches) is a HUGE help in figuring out body proportions.  This was an unintentional benefit I figured out later!  If you're struggling with getting the scale of head vs body right, use grid paper and count the squares Smile

I like drawing Arnold when certain Helga poses give me trouble!

AlainRacette's Fanart - Page 2 Img52910
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSkuh Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:47 pm

look at that handsome bad boy! LOVE.
LeSkuh
LeSkuh
Admin

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm

LeSkuh wrote:look at that handsome bad boy!  LOVE.

I have a co-worker who LOVES this Arnold picture! She absolutely adores his slicked-back hair lol I might have another fanfart up tonight so stay tuned Smile
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Here is a pic of Arnold and Helga I call "Heroes of the Wild West" for obvious reasons. The contrast of the shotgun with the smaller Helga is hilarious and it fits her personality too - loud and can clear out a room really fast!

A few small mistakes in this one - my marker accidentally smudged under Arnold's eye, so I masked it by giving him a small mole (I hope it doesn't make him look too feminine but I spent a while colouring this and didn't want a smudge to ruin it!). Helga's boots are black instead of white (wasn't thinking after I coloured in Arnold's) but the black highlights of the boots and her various bands complement the drawing. My mahogany pencil for the gun stocks turned out more reddish than I'd like but it's such a small detail it doesn't matter. For my first full-body drawing for both characters, I really like the result.

Sorry for some glare and the bit of motion blur on Helga's right side - my camera isn't the best, I need a new (and better!) one. Enjoy!

(sorry if I talk too much in these messages lol)

AlainRacette's Fanart - Page 2 Img53510
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:26 pm

I LOVE THESE!!! Very Happy These look pretty nice!
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 pm

This is good. Reminds me of Fallout for some reason.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanks, guys Smile Glad you like them! Feels good that I'm finally starting to put this whole "sketching" thing together haha
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am

AlainRacette wrote:I have a co-worker who LOVES this Arnold picture!  She absolutely adores his slicked-back hair lol  I might have another fanfart up tonight so stay tuned Smile

You should convince her to join the fandom.
You know, be smooth about it like, "Hey, did you hear about the movie?/ Oh, you used to love that show? Me too! I hear adults enjoy it as much as kids; you should look it up on HULU./ Oh, you did like re-watching it? Did you hear that they were going to make a spin-off? No? Well, they said it was too similar to Daria./ Well, here is what some super-fans thought it would have looked like had it been aired....."

LOL, I kill myself Very Happy Wink

I also have only ever drawn on paper. I'm too ADHD to learn something else right now. Plus I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes, so I'd be wanting to spend money I don't have on program accessories and professional grade programs.
I really like your pieces though. You can see a progression and improvement throughout this thread. I especially like how you drew Arnold in the first one.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Lol I can try to get her down the rabbit hole! "Hey gurl, so bout dat Hey Arnold thang..." "LOL
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 pm

I need a better marker to outline - my good one just dried up lol.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by theintangiblefriends Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:35 pm

AlainRacette wrote:Lol I can try to get her down the rabbit hole!  "Hey gurl, so bout dat Hey Arnold thang..." "LOL

ROFL! That's pretty spectacular. So funny.
theintangiblefriends
theintangiblefriends

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Might as well post it here (since it's considered a a form of art)... the AMV I submitted for Shortaki Week.  For those who aren't the best Tumblr users, here it is Smile

I've been a bit slow with the art... I'll get some more done soon, I promise Razz
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:10 pm

OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT TO SUBMIT SOME ART FOR SHORTAKI WEEK! Sad

I'll post them here - kicking myself, totally slipped my mind because work has been insane (to say the least lol) in the past few weeks.

It was intended for the "travelling" prompt... a bit of a sly pun for those familiar with the rules of basketball.

Here is the first one; Helga plays for keeps!

HELGA:  C'mon, guys!  Show a little backbone, will ya?  Go hard in the paint, no holds barred.  Throw those elbows!  You ain't spittin' teeth, you're not trying hard enough.  Got me?!

ARNOLD: (sighs)  The game hasn't even started yet, Helga.  Just don't foul out before in the first ten minutes... again... please?

(and yes, apparently Helga is a Golden State fan haha!)

AlainRacette's Fanart - Page 2 Img52310

And the second one is Chicago Bulls Helga, channeling her inner Dennis Rodman.  LOVE the colour contrasts here!

AlainRacette's Fanart - Page 2 Img53010

Her eyebrow game is intense.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2