The Sunset Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

+10
Nairobi-Harper
Lachesism
Mony
LuiThe2nd
Perhapsormaybe
AlainRacette
Jfgoofy
Marie Allen
Zeether
Haruko693
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:00 pm

This is pretty interesting!!! Very Happy So wass the storyboards/concept art of the other characters at the panel? Now I'm excited for the next panel even though it's a year away.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey arnold will be having a panel at sdcc 2016

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm

A time skip! I knew it! So I guess the kids being a year or so older is the reason for the redesigns... Also I agree with Miko, the gang will probably have a wardrove change since Arnold and Gerald have sweaters that would be very uncomfortable in the Jungle... A year is also enough time for Abner to gain that much weight...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mony Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Y'know, making it a year after makes more and more sense because this means Arnold's had a year to process the FTI biz and his feelings in regards to Helga, which is nice, it won't seem as rushed when he comes to terms with them in the jungle. I just hope we get little subtle hints about how their relationship on his side has changed in their normal lives before all the big stuff happens in the jungle.
Mony
Mony

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:54 pm

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Nick Animation posted hi-res versions of the color concept art too: https://twitter.com/NickAnimation/status/756243501700878337

I also updated the wiki section on TJM with it all. Interestingly Craig states in the Buzzfeed article: “[The characters are] a year older as our story begins,” Bartlett said. “My goal was [to have them] going in to sixth grade, if we get to go to series.” Sounds like this could go somewhere if it succeeds.
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Sounds pretty interesting! So there's also a photo of Rhonda that Olivia Hack mentioned on here (even though she said she probably isn't allowed to share it, but seriously I really want to see it!) https://www.instagram.com/p/BII-7byh7GP/
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Zeether wrote:Nick Animation posted hi-res versions of the color concept art too: https://twitter.com/NickAnimation/status/756243501700878337

I also updated the wiki section on TJM with it all. Interestingly Craig states in the Buzzfeed article: “[The characters are] a year older as our story begins,” Bartlett said. “My goal was [to have them] going in to sixth grade, if we get to go to series.” Sounds like this could go somewhere if it succeeds.

Yep, this is awesome news and very encouraging. Arnold's Love and I are pretty much blowing up a FB group we're in - Hey Arnold Save the Jungle Movie. LOL
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:Sounds pretty interesting! So there's also a photo of Rhonda that Olivia Hack mentioned on here (even though she said she probably isn't allowed to share it, but seriously I really want to see it!) https://www.instagram.com/p/BII-7byh7GP/

Aargh! I saw that too! Though it's probably for the best that she doesn't share it. I remember she and Anndi got in trouble for sharing their photo with Mason Vale Cotton.

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:Sounds pretty interesting! So there's also a photo of Rhonda that Olivia Hack mentioned on here (even though she said she probably isn't allowed to share it, but seriously I really want to see it!) https://www.instagram.com/p/BII-7byh7GP/

Aargh! I saw that too! Though it's probably for the best that she doesn't share it. I remember she and Anndi got in trouble for sharing their photo with Mason Vale Cotton.

Wait they got in trouble? Oh and Alain I think it's pretty great to here! It's unfortunate that I don't have Facebook.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

Wait they got in trouble? Oh and Alain I think it's pretty great to here! It's unfortunate that I don't have Facebook.

They probably got told "next time you plan on putting a picture on social media, PLEASE clear it with us first."  Nick probably wanted to wait a bit longer to make the reveal of Mason Vale Cotton as Arnold lol In some cases, someone being too excited can lead to a LOT of speculation or even ruin the studio's plans to promote - can't let the cat out of the bag too early.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:

Yeah... Remember when Olivia put up pictures of the crew at the table read, only to take them down an hour later? On her most recent picture with Mason, she said they got in trouble with Nickelodeon and apologized to them...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

They probably got told "next time you plan on putting a picture on social media, PLEASE clear it with us first."  Nick probably wanted to wait a bit longer to make the reveal of Mason Vale Cotton as Arnold lol  In some cases, someone being too excited can lead to a LOT of speculation or even ruin the studio's plans to promote - can't let the cat out of the bag too early.

Yeah that's probably how it went down lol...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by AlainRacette Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

They probably got told "next time you plan on putting a picture on social media, PLEASE clear it with us first."  Nick probably wanted to wait a bit longer to make the reveal of Mason Vale Cotton as Arnold lol  In some cases, someone being too excited can lead to a LOT of speculation or even ruin the studio's plans to promote - can't let the cat out of the bag too early.

It reminds me of when John C. Reilly mentioned on social media that he was going into Disney to record some stuff back in the fall/winter...

Not a big deal on the surface, until you realize he voices Wreck-it-Ralph and there has been a LOT of speculation on a sequel.

For all we know, he could have gone in to record for some toys/merchandise or something else altogether... but the rumour mill started spinning and Disney wasn't too thrilled.  I can't imagine how quickly the lawyers ran from corporate HQ to pull him aside and give him an earful lol.
AlainRacette
AlainRacette

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:37 pm

AlainRacette wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:
AlainRacette wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
LuiThe2nd wrote:

It reminds me of when John C. Reilly mentioned on social media that he was going into Disney to record some stuff back in the fall/winter...

Not a big deal on the surface, until you realize he voices Wreck-it-Ralph and there has been a LOT of speculation on a sequel.

For all we know, he could have gone in to record for some toys/merchandise or something else altogether... but the rumour mill started spinning and Disney wasn't too thrilled.  I can't imagine how quickly the lawyers ran from corporate HQ to pull him aside and give him an earful lol.

Yeah, that sounds like a very similar situation. I can imagine that voice actors working on big projects are always eager to share what their working on with their fans... But the have to wait until the 'Big Guys' give it a go...

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:

Yeah... Remember when Olivia put up pictures of the crew at the table read, only to take them down an hour later? On her most recent picture with Mason, she said they got in trouble with Nickelodeon and apologized to them...

I don't remember that, but yeah that kind of sucks.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Alright (yeah I know I'm double posting sorry) so I was looking back at criminy's artwork and I really think she probably did the drawing and probably a tribute. But if it isn't them or if it is meant as a tribute to Limey's artwork, then Nickelodeon is a gigantic hypocrite in copyright law.

Last edited by Jfgoofy on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachesism Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:59 pm

This is honestly all too much for me. I'm having palpitations over here. New designs. Time skip. Jungle. HELGA.
Lachesism
Lachesism

http://Lachesis-ism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruko693 Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Loving the new designs! and i noticed that helga has boobs now.

Haruko693

Back to top Go down

Post by Nairobi-Harper Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 am

I'm really pleased about this, and I love Phoebe's design the most Smile (Gerald looks a little shorter, but his hair is shorter now, so yeah.)

Nairobi-Harper

Back to top Go down

Post by Biruka Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 am

Haruko693 wrote:Loving the new designs! and i noticed that helga has boobs now.

I had to look pictures again and yes, she does have small breasts now. Then again,girls enter into puberty much more earlier then boys and Helga's probably 11 in The Jungle Movie so she's in that age when it starts.

Biruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:58 am

Biruka wrote:

I had to look pictures again and yes, she does have small breasts now. Then again,girls enter into puberty much more earlier then boys and Helga's probably 11 in The Jungle Movie so she's in that age when it starts.

I didn't notice that when I first saw it. Also I don't know if Helga would be 11 or 10, and yes I know that she's a few months older than Arnold. Also I don't know if I should be angry, happy or neutral about the stoop thing they had at the panel because I have too many thoughts going on.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuiThe2nd Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Jfgoofy wrote:
Biruka wrote:

I didn't notice that when I first saw it. Also I don't know if Helga would be 11 or 10, and yes I know that she's a few months older than Arnold. Also I don't know if I should be angry, happy or neutral about the stoop thing they had at the panel because I have too many thoughts going on.

Judging by what their wearing I'd say they're in late-spring, around the middle of 5th grade, which puts her at 10 years old?... Early bloomer?

Also, About Limey's art, I think I saw her comment on Facebook, and she didn't seem to mind at all so I guess I would be happy or neutral?

LuiThe2nd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:28 pm

LuiThe2nd wrote:
Jfgoofy wrote:
Biruka wrote:

Judging by what their wearing I'd say they're in late-spring, around the middle of 5th grade, which puts her at 10 years old?... Early bloomer?

Also, About Limey's art, I think I saw her comment on Facebook, and she didn't seem to mind at all so I guess I would be happy or neutral?

Yeah I guess so. She doesn't seem to mind I guess and to be honest I really still don't know what my thoughts should be on the stoop modeled after Limey's drawing.
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeether Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Limey was okay with it, I saw a post from her on Tumblr and she said something like "wow, they actually used that Helga pose as official art, that's neat"
Zeether
Zeether

Back to top Go down

Post by Jfgoofy Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks! I apparently didn't notice the "that's neat" part, oh well. I know I said this multiple times but I think Janelle probably did that and I don't want to repeat what I said, but if it was her, I wonder if she did that as a tribute. Anyways I am still very excited about the podcast happening next week, I've been dying to hear it!!! Very Happy
Jfgoofy
Jfgoofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next